Nokia Lumia 1020 Shoots Centrefold Magazine's Entire Issue
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 25, 2014 4:18 PM EST
Photographers for the UK magazine Centrefold made a different approach on fashion photography by ditching their high-powered lenses in exchange of Nokia Lumia 1020 for the magazine's tenth issue.
Nokia's former chief executive and the company's head of devices, Stephen Elop, displays the Lumia 1320 smartphone during its launch in Abu Dhabi October 22, 2013. Nokia unveiled its first tablet and two large-screen smartphones, known as phablets, at the annual Nokia World event in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday. REUTERS/Ben Job
Though the quality of the photographs is a bit short compared to professional cameras, the shots taken by Lumia 1020 is truly impressive. The photographs were taken from different places including Mexico, New York, Paris, South Africa, the UK and China by the magazines professional photographers such as Damon Baker, Peter Hill, Tang Ting, Peter Hill, and others.
The Centrefold Issue #10 with the title "Beyond" showcases four covers featuring different models. The images taken by Nokia Lumia 1020 are creatively layouted and placed on full-bleed A2 spreads. Mr. Andrew Hobbs, the magazine's Editor-in-Chief in his editor's note imposed a question of what could top photographers can possibly do using a smartphone. He acknowledge the emergence and the rising popularity of citizen's photography as well as the endless possibilities in creation of imagery brought by the everyday use of smartphones.
"Today, Smart phones fill that space between the instantaneous gratification that came with the iconic Polaroid and the point and shoot camera," wrote Mr. Hobbs in his note on the Web site of Centrefold Magazine. He added that Smartphones are portable, continually improving, and making a difference in the way people use cameras from shooting, editing, and printing.
The "Beyond" issue of Centrefold is a must see not only for photography lovers, but for techie geeks who wanted to see how far a smartphone camera can take creative imagery. This open doors for aspiring photographers who cannot afford high-end cameras and expensive lenses that they can practice their art using the most accessible gadget nowadays-Smartphones.
Meanwhile, the Centrefold project is just one of the series of promotional campaigns for Nokia's 41-megapixel shutter. Nokia also commissioned prized National Geographic photographer Stephen Alvarez to capture the landscapes of the American West using the Lumia 1020.
There is no doubt that Nokia is taking the camera game seriously. Previously, the brand made a bold move by challenging Sony on a camera duel with Sony's new flagship, the Xperia Z2 against their very own Nokia Lumia 1020.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’