Box Office Collection: 'Cuckoo', 'Nimirnthu Nil' and 'Thegidi'
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 25, 2014 4:17 PM EST
Check out the box office collection report of Tamil films "Cuckoo", "Nimirnthu Nil" and "Thegidi."
Dinesh-Malavika's "Cuckoo" has opened well in its first weekend at the Tamil Nadu box office.
The film, which deals with the romance between two visually challenged people, received positive reviews from critics.
"Cuckoo" witnessed decent opening during the debut weekend in Tamil Nadu. In the state's capital Chennai, the film witnessed average theatre occupancy of 70 percent and earned ₹64.8 lakh in the opening weekend, according to Behindwoods.
It remains to be seen if the film will be able to sustain its momentum in the coming days as there are several films gearing up for release.
Jayam Ravi starrer "Nimirnthu Nil" has managed to hold well in its third week, despite new releases.
The film has done above average business at the Chennai box office and has earned ₹2.58 crore at the end of the third weekend. Although the film has lost some shows due to new films, it still has managed to hold its presence in theatres.
The success of "Nimirnthu Nil" should bring in some relief for Jayam Ravi, whose last film failed to set the cash registers ringing.
Ashok Selvan-Janani Iyer's "Thegidi" has continued to sustain their business at the Tamil Nadu box office.
The murder mystery flick fetched average collections upon its release. However, positive reviews from critics and strong word of mouth has helped the film perform well at the box office.
The film is going rock steady with increased shows and has earned over ₹82 lakh at the end of the fourth weekend in Chennai.
Producers Council's President Keyaar has already announced that "Thegidi" is one of the two films that have turned out to be profitable ventures for all sections this year (so far), the other one being "Goli Soda."
The suspense thriller film successfully completed 25-day theatrical run on 24 March.
With the Ashok Selvan starrer turning out to be a decent fare, fans are now eagerly waiting for the sequel.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June