Box Office Collection: 'Cuckoo', 'Nimirnthu Nil' and 'Thegidi'
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 25, 2014 4:17 PM EST
Check out the box office collection report of Tamil films "Cuckoo", "Nimirnthu Nil" and "Thegidi."
Dinesh-Malavika's "Cuckoo" has opened well in its first weekend at the Tamil Nadu box office.
The film, which deals with the romance between two visually challenged people, received positive reviews from critics.
"Cuckoo" witnessed decent opening during the debut weekend in Tamil Nadu. In the state's capital Chennai, the film witnessed average theatre occupancy of 70 percent and earned ₹64.8 lakh in the opening weekend, according to Behindwoods.
It remains to be seen if the film will be able to sustain its momentum in the coming days as there are several films gearing up for release.
Jayam Ravi starrer "Nimirnthu Nil" has managed to hold well in its third week, despite new releases.
The film has done above average business at the Chennai box office and has earned ₹2.58 crore at the end of the third weekend. Although the film has lost some shows due to new films, it still has managed to hold its presence in theatres.
The success of "Nimirnthu Nil" should bring in some relief for Jayam Ravi, whose last film failed to set the cash registers ringing.
Ashok Selvan-Janani Iyer's "Thegidi" has continued to sustain their business at the Tamil Nadu box office.
The murder mystery flick fetched average collections upon its release. However, positive reviews from critics and strong word of mouth has helped the film perform well at the box office.
The film is going rock steady with increased shows and has earned over ₹82 lakh at the end of the fourth weekend in Chennai.
Producers Council's President Keyaar has already announced that "Thegidi" is one of the two films that have turned out to be profitable ventures for all sections this year (so far), the other one being "Goli Soda."
The suspense thriller film successfully completed 25-day theatrical run on 24 March.
With the Ashok Selvan starrer turning out to be a decent fare, fans are now eagerly waiting for the sequel.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports