Kim Kardashian Feature on Vogue Cover Harshly Criticised by Readers
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | March 25, 2014 4:09 PM EST
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West appeared on Vogue cover [See Image]. While this may be an extremely special occasion for Kimye to celebrate, there has been harsh criticism on the couple being featured on the prestigious magazine cover.
Kim Kardashian Goes Topless For Fiancé Kanye West' "Bound 2" Video
The couple was termed as "the epitome of vulgarity" as their selection to be on Vogue cover was called "disgusting." The Facebook page of Vogue was flooded with critical comment after the update on Kim & Kanye was posted. While some of the users maintained their composure while disapproving of the selection, some of the users condemned it in the harshest way possible.
One of the Facebook users called Annie Onymus wrote that "Vogue put a porno "actress" on their cover." She called Kanye "rude, racist and insipid rapper." She wondered if Vogue would ask porn stars like Jenna Jameson to be on the cover. She called the editor-in-chief of the magazine, Anna Wintour, "drunk" for such a choice.
Albert Obregon called it a "very bad move" by Vogue that she "used to respect." Meredith Walsh wrote that she was "disappointed." Laura Foti Cohen wrote that she would not renew her subscription. She wrote that she could never love the magazine again. Johann Haggard called the magazine "truly dead". He wrote that the magazine did not discover new talent any more.
Ms Wintour, meanwhile, defended that selection of Kim and Kanye for the magazine cover. She referred to them as people who "define the culture" of the moment. The 64-year-old editor denied rumours that Kanye literally begged to be featured on the magazine cover. She wrote that it was entirely the magazine's decision, Us Weekly reported. Hannah Marriott, on the other hand, wrote a blog on The Guardian to defend Vogue's decision by saying that a Vogue cover could not be compared to something like the Nobel.
Did you know?
Ten-year-old model Thylane Lena-Rose Blondeau posed provocatively on the January 2011 issue. Indians belonging to the below poverty line were asked to pose with expensive accessories on the August 2008 issue. Dutch model Lara Stone who has an extremely pale complexion was transformed in to a "black" woman on the October 2009 issue. All these created huge controversies.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage