Reeva Steenkamp Texted Oscar Pistorius: I'm Scared of You Sometimes
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 25, 2014 3:26 PM EST
A new twist in the murder trial appeared when a text message from Reeva Steenkamp to Oscar Pistorius stated that she was scared of the former Paralympics star, at times.
"I'm scared of you sometimes and how you snap at me and how you react to me," Steenkamp said via WhatsApp messaging service after the athlete accused her flirting with another man. The message was sent less than three weeks before the gruesome murder of Steenkamp took place.
With the trial reaching fourth week, police cellphone expert Francois Moller read out the message in the courtroom.
The former Paralympics star cried after the messages was read.
Steenkamp, after being accused by his husband for flirting, further messaged, "You do everything to throw tantrums in front of people."
In another message, she showed her disgust after getting criticised by her boyfriend at a function attended by both of them. The message read, "I can't be attacked by outsiders for dating you and be attacked by you, the one person I deserve protection from."
Meanwhile, Pistorius kept the same voice about his love towards his girlfriend. He said earlier that he shot Steenkamp by mistake thinking her as an intruder.
Around 90 per cent of the messages seemed like both were in loving spirit. But a long text message sent by Steenkamp on Jan 27 mentioned the athlete was picking on her without any clear reasons.
"From the outside I think it looks like we are a struggle and maybe that's what we are. I just want to love and be loved. Be happy and make someone SO happy."
"Maybe we can't do that for each other. Cos right now I know u aren't happy and I am certainly very unhappy and sad."
Investigation revealed, Pistorius frequently talked about his past relationship with other girls but used to get upset when his girlfriend shared some similar past experiences with his former long-term boyfriend.
Another message from Steenkamp said, "You make me happy 90 per cent of the time and I think we are amazing together, but I'm not some other bitch not trying to kill your vibe."
She further wrote, "We are living in a double standard relationship where u can be mad about how i feel with stuff when u are very quick to act cold and offish when you're unhappy."
Earlier, a neighbor like other previous witnesses testified hearing gunshots and screams on that fateful night.
The last witness of the prosecution Anette Stipp said, "It was moments after the shots I heard a lady screaming. Terrified, terrified screaming...."
Stipp further said, "After the first set of shots there was definitely a female screaming for a period."
"Just before the second set of shots there was a male screaming, then after the shots it went quiet..."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Manchester United Defender Phil Jones Fit To Play Versus Everton
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build