Reeva Steenkamp Texted Oscar Pistorius: I'm Scared of You Sometimes
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 25, 2014 3:26 PM EST
A new twist in the murder trial appeared when a text message from Reeva Steenkamp to Oscar Pistorius stated that she was scared of the former Paralympics star, at times.
"I'm scared of you sometimes and how you snap at me and how you react to me," Steenkamp said via WhatsApp messaging service after the athlete accused her flirting with another man. The message was sent less than three weeks before the gruesome murder of Steenkamp took place.
With the trial reaching fourth week, police cellphone expert Francois Moller read out the message in the courtroom.
The former Paralympics star cried after the messages was read.
Steenkamp, after being accused by his husband for flirting, further messaged, "You do everything to throw tantrums in front of people."
In another message, she showed her disgust after getting criticised by her boyfriend at a function attended by both of them. The message read, "I can't be attacked by outsiders for dating you and be attacked by you, the one person I deserve protection from."
Meanwhile, Pistorius kept the same voice about his love towards his girlfriend. He said earlier that he shot Steenkamp by mistake thinking her as an intruder.
Around 90 per cent of the messages seemed like both were in loving spirit. But a long text message sent by Steenkamp on Jan 27 mentioned the athlete was picking on her without any clear reasons.
"From the outside I think it looks like we are a struggle and maybe that's what we are. I just want to love and be loved. Be happy and make someone SO happy."
"Maybe we can't do that for each other. Cos right now I know u aren't happy and I am certainly very unhappy and sad."
Investigation revealed, Pistorius frequently talked about his past relationship with other girls but used to get upset when his girlfriend shared some similar past experiences with his former long-term boyfriend.
Another message from Steenkamp said, "You make me happy 90 per cent of the time and I think we are amazing together, but I'm not some other bitch not trying to kill your vibe."
She further wrote, "We are living in a double standard relationship where u can be mad about how i feel with stuff when u are very quick to act cold and offish when you're unhappy."
Earlier, a neighbor like other previous witnesses testified hearing gunshots and screams on that fateful night.
The last witness of the prosecution Anette Stipp said, "It was moments after the shots I heard a lady screaming. Terrified, terrified screaming...."
Stipp further said, "After the first set of shots there was definitely a female screaming for a period."
"Just before the second set of shots there was a male screaming, then after the shots it went quiet..."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Sr Already Endorsing Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Fight After Anticipated Victory Over Maidana
- Top 10 Highest Paid Tennis Players
- Dallas Cowboys Have Worst Linebackers in History, Tony Romo To Miss Games Again – Gerry Fraley
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Mourinho's Free-Transfer Ploy On Khedira Working, After Latter Refused To Pen New Real Madrid Deal
- Spanish Super Cup Second Leg Preview
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- James Foley: ISIS Demanded Multimillion Ransom, US Refused To Pay---Reports