Sony Xperia M and M Dual New Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Certified by PTCRB, Vodafone AU Confirms Testing, SFR France Releases Change Logs
By Ryan Inoyori | March 25, 2014 3:19 PM EST
Sony Xperia M gets another Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware certification from PTCRB running two build versions - 15.4.A.0.23 and 15.5.A.0.18. It has been designed respectively for Xperia M C1904 and C1905, and Xperia M Dual C2004 and C2005.
New Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
PTCRB certified a new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware for both Xperia M and Xperia M Dual. Newest firmware for Xperia M single-SIM runs build version 15.4.A.0.23 which will upgrade it from version 15.4.A.0.21 while Xperia M dual-SIM will get 15.5.A.0.18 upgrading it from 15.5.A.0.16.
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 15.4.A.0.23 is compatible for Xperia M single-SIM models C1904 and C1905, and the 15.5.A.0.18 is for Xperia M dual-SIM models C2004 and C2005. It looks like Sony Mobile already having incremental upgrades with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Xperia M before the official rollout happens.
In France, SFR wireless carrier released recently the change logs of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with build version 15.4.A.0.21.
1. Upgrade to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
2. Faster user interface
3. Updated multimedia apps from Sony: WALKMAN, ALBUM and Movies
4. Integration of customised themes via Xperia Themes feature
5. Updated bookmarks on the Chrome browser
Vodafone Australia confirmed testing of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Xperia M but there is no timeline yet for the official rollout. Xperia SP and Xperia TX new Android 4.3 firmware are already set for testing which provides quick maintenance release while Xperia Z owners can now download the quick maintenance release of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Sony Mobile has no announcement yet regarding the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Xperia L and Xperia C.
Android 4.4 KitKat Upgrade Plans
Unfortunately, Sony Mobile did not include Xperia M single-SIM, Xperia M dual-SIM, Xperia L and Xperia C on their latest Android 4.4 KitKat upgrade plans for the first quarter of 2014.
Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact are now receiving Android KitKat as part of Q1 upgrade plans while Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z will get their next major update by the second quarter.
Sony Mobile also added Xperia T2, Xperia E1 and Xperia M2 on their future firmware upgrade plans for the year. Among Xperia smartphones excluded on the announcement are Xperia SP, Xperia T, Xperia TX and Xperia V tagged as "under investigation" and Xperia M, Xperia L and Xperia C stuck on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean rollout.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report