Sony Xperia M and M Dual New Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Certified by PTCRB, Vodafone AU Confirms Testing, SFR France Releases Change Logs
By Ryan Inoyori | March 25, 2014 3:19 PM EST
Sony Xperia M gets another Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware certification from PTCRB running two build versions - 15.4.A.0.23 and 15.5.A.0.18. It has been designed respectively for Xperia M C1904 and C1905, and Xperia M Dual C2004 and C2005.
New Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
PTCRB certified a new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware for both Xperia M and Xperia M Dual. Newest firmware for Xperia M single-SIM runs build version 15.4.A.0.23 which will upgrade it from version 15.4.A.0.21 while Xperia M dual-SIM will get 15.5.A.0.18 upgrading it from 15.5.A.0.16.
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 15.4.A.0.23 is compatible for Xperia M single-SIM models C1904 and C1905, and the 15.5.A.0.18 is for Xperia M dual-SIM models C2004 and C2005. It looks like Sony Mobile already having incremental upgrades with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Xperia M before the official rollout happens.
In France, SFR wireless carrier released recently the change logs of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with build version 15.4.A.0.21.
1. Upgrade to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
2. Faster user interface
3. Updated multimedia apps from Sony: WALKMAN, ALBUM and Movies
4. Integration of customised themes via Xperia Themes feature
5. Updated bookmarks on the Chrome browser
Vodafone Australia confirmed testing of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Xperia M but there is no timeline yet for the official rollout. Xperia SP and Xperia TX new Android 4.3 firmware are already set for testing which provides quick maintenance release while Xperia Z owners can now download the quick maintenance release of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Sony Mobile has no announcement yet regarding the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Xperia L and Xperia C.
Android 4.4 KitKat Upgrade Plans
Unfortunately, Sony Mobile did not include Xperia M single-SIM, Xperia M dual-SIM, Xperia L and Xperia C on their latest Android 4.4 KitKat upgrade plans for the first quarter of 2014.
Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact are now receiving Android KitKat as part of Q1 upgrade plans while Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z will get their next major update by the second quarter.
Sony Mobile also added Xperia T2, Xperia E1 and Xperia M2 on their future firmware upgrade plans for the year. Among Xperia smartphones excluded on the announcement are Xperia SP, Xperia T, Xperia TX and Xperia V tagged as "under investigation" and Xperia M, Xperia L and Xperia C stuck on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean rollout.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air