Sony Xperia M and M Dual New Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Certified by PTCRB, Vodafone AU Confirms Testing, SFR France Releases Change Logs
By Ryan Inoyori | March 25, 2014 3:19 PM EST
Sony Xperia M gets another Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware certification from PTCRB running two build versions - 15.4.A.0.23 and 15.5.A.0.18. It has been designed respectively for Xperia M C1904 and C1905, and Xperia M Dual C2004 and C2005.
New Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
PTCRB certified a new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware for both Xperia M and Xperia M Dual. Newest firmware for Xperia M single-SIM runs build version 15.4.A.0.23 which will upgrade it from version 15.4.A.0.21 while Xperia M dual-SIM will get 15.5.A.0.18 upgrading it from 15.5.A.0.16.
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 15.4.A.0.23 is compatible for Xperia M single-SIM models C1904 and C1905, and the 15.5.A.0.18 is for Xperia M dual-SIM models C2004 and C2005. It looks like Sony Mobile already having incremental upgrades with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Xperia M before the official rollout happens.
In France, SFR wireless carrier released recently the change logs of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with build version 15.4.A.0.21.
1. Upgrade to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
2. Faster user interface
3. Updated multimedia apps from Sony: WALKMAN, ALBUM and Movies
4. Integration of customised themes via Xperia Themes feature
5. Updated bookmarks on the Chrome browser
Vodafone Australia confirmed testing of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Xperia M but there is no timeline yet for the official rollout. Xperia SP and Xperia TX new Android 4.3 firmware are already set for testing which provides quick maintenance release while Xperia Z owners can now download the quick maintenance release of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Sony Mobile has no announcement yet regarding the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Xperia L and Xperia C.
Android 4.4 KitKat Upgrade Plans
Unfortunately, Sony Mobile did not include Xperia M single-SIM, Xperia M dual-SIM, Xperia L and Xperia C on their latest Android 4.4 KitKat upgrade plans for the first quarter of 2014.
Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact are now receiving Android KitKat as part of Q1 upgrade plans while Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z will get their next major update by the second quarter.
Sony Mobile also added Xperia T2, Xperia E1 and Xperia M2 on their future firmware upgrade plans for the year. Among Xperia smartphones excluded on the announcement are Xperia SP, Xperia T, Xperia TX and Xperia V tagged as "under investigation" and Xperia M, Xperia L and Xperia C stuck on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean rollout.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports