'American Horror Story' Season 4: Who are Returning in 'Freak Show' and Details on Jessica Lange's Role
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 25, 2014 3:00 PM EST
Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story," announced on Twitter that the fourth season of the horror-thriller series will be called "Freak Show."
The previous season, "American Horror Story-Coven," was set in New Orleans and it was speculated that the new season will be set there, as well. However, Entertainment Weekly reports that the "Freak Show" is set in Jupiter, Florida, and in the year 1950. Jessica Lange is portraying the role of a "German ex-pat who is managing one of the last freak shows in the U.S."
It was already confirmed that Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson would return to portray new characters. Entertainment Weekly confirms that Kathy Bates, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett and Frances Conroy are returning, as well. In the "Freak Show," they will be part of a freak troupe as performers. Lange's character has rescued them.
The report also indicates that Denis O'Hare and Emma Roberts are also in talks to return.
The "Freak Show," consisting of 13 episodes, will feature the performers doing anything to keep their business running. As reported previously, the setting of "American Horror Story" Season 4 is the carnival.
Douglas Petrie, writer and co-executive producer of "American Horror Story," confirmed during the Nerdist Writer's panel podcast that the new season will be set in a carnival.
According to Huffington Post's report, Moira Kirkland, a writer for "Castle" and "Arrow," made a reluctant Petrie confirm the carnival rumour. Kirkland was also part of the podcast.
When Petrie refused to talk about "American Horror Story" Season 4, Kirkland said, "Well I don't know if it's true, but I heard carnival." In response, as quoted by Huffington Post, Petrie said, "that was the, it -- it does not have a title."
Ben Blacker, moderator of the podcast, then asked "But that's the setting?" Petrie confirmed: "That's the idea, that's very roughly the idea."
Like Season 3, the Season 4 of "American Horror Story" will also have a lighter tone. It is expected to premiere sometime in October, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family