'American Horror Story' Season 4: Who are Returning in 'Freak Show' and Details on Jessica Lange's Role
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 25, 2014 3:00 PM EST
Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story," announced on Twitter that the fourth season of the horror-thriller series will be called "Freak Show."
The previous season, "American Horror Story-Coven," was set in New Orleans and it was speculated that the new season will be set there, as well. However, Entertainment Weekly reports that the "Freak Show" is set in Jupiter, Florida, and in the year 1950. Jessica Lange is portraying the role of a "German ex-pat who is managing one of the last freak shows in the U.S."
It was already confirmed that Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson would return to portray new characters. Entertainment Weekly confirms that Kathy Bates, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett and Frances Conroy are returning, as well. In the "Freak Show," they will be part of a freak troupe as performers. Lange's character has rescued them.
The report also indicates that Denis O'Hare and Emma Roberts are also in talks to return.
The "Freak Show," consisting of 13 episodes, will feature the performers doing anything to keep their business running. As reported previously, the setting of "American Horror Story" Season 4 is the carnival.
Douglas Petrie, writer and co-executive producer of "American Horror Story," confirmed during the Nerdist Writer's panel podcast that the new season will be set in a carnival.
According to Huffington Post's report, Moira Kirkland, a writer for "Castle" and "Arrow," made a reluctant Petrie confirm the carnival rumour. Kirkland was also part of the podcast.
When Petrie refused to talk about "American Horror Story" Season 4, Kirkland said, "Well I don't know if it's true, but I heard carnival." In response, as quoted by Huffington Post, Petrie said, "that was the, it -- it does not have a title."
Ben Blacker, moderator of the podcast, then asked "But that's the setting?" Petrie confirmed: "That's the idea, that's very roughly the idea."
Like Season 3, the Season 4 of "American Horror Story" will also have a lighter tone. It is expected to premiere sometime in October, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Warns Gareth Of Dire Consequences In New Promo [VIDEO]
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements