'American Horror Story' Season 4: Who are Returning in 'Freak Show' and Details on Jessica Lange's Role
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 25, 2014 3:00 PM EST
Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story," announced on Twitter that the fourth season of the horror-thriller series will be called "Freak Show."
The previous season, "American Horror Story-Coven," was set in New Orleans and it was speculated that the new season will be set there, as well. However, Entertainment Weekly reports that the "Freak Show" is set in Jupiter, Florida, and in the year 1950. Jessica Lange is portraying the role of a "German ex-pat who is managing one of the last freak shows in the U.S."
It was already confirmed that Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson would return to portray new characters. Entertainment Weekly confirms that Kathy Bates, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett and Frances Conroy are returning, as well. In the "Freak Show," they will be part of a freak troupe as performers. Lange's character has rescued them.
The report also indicates that Denis O'Hare and Emma Roberts are also in talks to return.
The "Freak Show," consisting of 13 episodes, will feature the performers doing anything to keep their business running. As reported previously, the setting of "American Horror Story" Season 4 is the carnival.
Douglas Petrie, writer and co-executive producer of "American Horror Story," confirmed during the Nerdist Writer's panel podcast that the new season will be set in a carnival.
According to Huffington Post's report, Moira Kirkland, a writer for "Castle" and "Arrow," made a reluctant Petrie confirm the carnival rumour. Kirkland was also part of the podcast.
When Petrie refused to talk about "American Horror Story" Season 4, Kirkland said, "Well I don't know if it's true, but I heard carnival." In response, as quoted by Huffington Post, Petrie said, "that was the, it -- it does not have a title."
Ben Blacker, moderator of the podcast, then asked "But that's the setting?" Petrie confirmed: "That's the idea, that's very roughly the idea."
Like Season 3, the Season 4 of "American Horror Story" will also have a lighter tone. It is expected to premiere sometime in October, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft