'American Horror Story' Season 4: Who are Returning in 'Freak Show' and Details on Jessica Lange's Role
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 25, 2014 3:00 PM EST
Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story," announced on Twitter that the fourth season of the horror-thriller series will be called "Freak Show."
The previous season, "American Horror Story-Coven," was set in New Orleans and it was speculated that the new season will be set there, as well. However, Entertainment Weekly reports that the "Freak Show" is set in Jupiter, Florida, and in the year 1950. Jessica Lange is portraying the role of a "German ex-pat who is managing one of the last freak shows in the U.S."
It was already confirmed that Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson would return to portray new characters. Entertainment Weekly confirms that Kathy Bates, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett and Frances Conroy are returning, as well. In the "Freak Show," they will be part of a freak troupe as performers. Lange's character has rescued them.
The report also indicates that Denis O'Hare and Emma Roberts are also in talks to return.
The "Freak Show," consisting of 13 episodes, will feature the performers doing anything to keep their business running. As reported previously, the setting of "American Horror Story" Season 4 is the carnival.
Douglas Petrie, writer and co-executive producer of "American Horror Story," confirmed during the Nerdist Writer's panel podcast that the new season will be set in a carnival.
According to Huffington Post's report, Moira Kirkland, a writer for "Castle" and "Arrow," made a reluctant Petrie confirm the carnival rumour. Kirkland was also part of the podcast.
When Petrie refused to talk about "American Horror Story" Season 4, Kirkland said, "Well I don't know if it's true, but I heard carnival." In response, as quoted by Huffington Post, Petrie said, "that was the, it -- it does not have a title."
Ben Blacker, moderator of the podcast, then asked "But that's the setting?" Petrie confirmed: "That's the idea, that's very roughly the idea."
Like Season 3, the Season 4 of "American Horror Story" will also have a lighter tone. It is expected to premiere sometime in October, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown