Black Samsung Galaxy S4 Released in UK: Release Date in Other Regions And Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Launch
By Precious Silva | March 25, 2014 2:39 PM EST
Samsung has been known for its affinity in developing more than one variant of its products. Previously, the company released a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini under its Samsung Galaxy S4 series. Apparently, the Korean tech giant wants to experiment further with different S4 variants.
A Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S4 (front) and Apple's iPhone 5 smartphones are seen in this picture illustration taken in Seoul May 13, 2013.
According to recent reports, Samsung has released a black edition for Galaxy S4. The device was released in UK and should find its way to other regions.
When Samsung Russia announced a Samsung Galaxy S4 looking like the Galaxy Note 3, many wondered if the same variant will be available in other parts of the world. It appears Samsung United Kingdom followed suit as the people can now buy the black leather version of S4 in the area. The starting price is at £500.
The upcoming Samsung Galaxy S5 will be around the same price range. Analysts are torn on what Samsung likes to accomplish by releasing a black version of the device with similar price range with its newest smartphone. The black leather edition will have the same specs as the original S4. These include:
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.0 inches (~441 ppi pixel density)
- 13 MP, 4128 x 3096 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- Exynos 5 Octa 5410
- Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7
- PowerVR SGX544MP3
- Android OS, v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean), v4.3, upgradable to v4.4.2 (KitKat)
- Wireless charging (market dependent)
- S-Voice natural language commands and dictation
- Smart stay, Smart pause, Smart scroll
- Air gestures
- Dropbox (50 GB cloud storage)
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- TV-out (via MHL 2 A/V link)
- SNS integration
- MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264/H.263 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/AC3/FLAC player
Samsung's variety of products was mainly caters to the different price points and target markets. The Galaxy Grand 2 emphasizes this focus. The mid-range device was recently launched in South Korea. It has LTE-A support along with 5.5-inch 720p display, 1.2 Ghz quad-core CPU plus 1.5 GB RAM. The device will suit those looking for Galaxy Note-like experience without having to spend as much money.
For more information on the Samsung Galaxy S4 series, check out this video.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3