'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Second Trailer Released: Can't Get Enough of Jennifer Lawrence
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 25, 2014 2:35 PM EST
The second preview of "X-Men: Days of Future Past" has just come out to reveal a stronger character for Jennifer Lawrence. Fans of the movie will be seeing more of JLaw in the new trailer than they have ever seen her so far.
Jennifer Lawrence, best supporting actress nominee for her role in "American Hustle," arrives at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Jennifer Lawrence, who can be seen definitely bigger than the rest of the characters, sans Hugh Jackman, on the new movie poster posted on X-Men's official Web site, will be playing the role of Mystique.
Aside from Lawrence, who has been a famous X-Men superhero since her appearance in "X-Men: First Class," Bryan Singer's action-packed movie also showcased the huge cast of superheroes including, according to IMDb, Hugh Jackman (Wolverine), Michael Fassbender (younger Magneto), Ian McKellen (older Magneto) Nicholas Hoult (Beast), Ellen Page (Shadowcat), Halle Berry (Storm) and more.
In the new X-Men movie, Wolverine must travel back to the past to end the fight before it even has a chance to begin. Wolverine must attempt to change history to avoid the two generations of mutants fighting and getting challenged by Sentinels.
"Are we destined to destroy each other? Or can we change who we are and unite? Is the future truly set?" Professor Charles Xavier (Patrick Stewart), who is heard narrating the story in the trailer posted on YouTube, said.
In the trailer, the mutants are also told to be facing extinction, soon.
"Mutants - we now find ourselves on the edge of extinction," Stewart's Charles Xavier character uttered somberly.
Professor X must team up with Magneto to save the mutants. But, of course, the job will not be so easy. The bitter rivals are not totally open to getting together and making peace.
The X-Men second trailer released by 20th Century Fox, four months after the first, also reveals a lot of emotions. Mystique, Shadowcat and Charles Xavier, the younger Professor X (James McAvoy) were all caught looking teary-eyed at some parts.
The second trailer has showed more this time than the first trailer. Action-packed, thrilling, full-throttle effects and quite emotional, the new X-Men movie is proving to its fans that it deserved the top 1 ranking on "Summer's Most Anticipated Movies" of 2014.
All the fans will have to watch out for "X-Men: Days of Future Past," which will finally find its way in theaters on May 23, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon