'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Second Trailer Released: Can't Get Enough of Jennifer Lawrence
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 25, 2014 2:35 PM EST
The second preview of "X-Men: Days of Future Past" has just come out to reveal a stronger character for Jennifer Lawrence. Fans of the movie will be seeing more of JLaw in the new trailer than they have ever seen her so far.
Jennifer Lawrence, best supporting actress nominee for her role in "American Hustle," arrives at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Jennifer Lawrence, who can be seen definitely bigger than the rest of the characters, sans Hugh Jackman, on the new movie poster posted on X-Men's official Web site, will be playing the role of Mystique.
Aside from Lawrence, who has been a famous X-Men superhero since her appearance in "X-Men: First Class," Bryan Singer's action-packed movie also showcased the huge cast of superheroes including, according to IMDb, Hugh Jackman (Wolverine), Michael Fassbender (younger Magneto), Ian McKellen (older Magneto) Nicholas Hoult (Beast), Ellen Page (Shadowcat), Halle Berry (Storm) and more.
In the new X-Men movie, Wolverine must travel back to the past to end the fight before it even has a chance to begin. Wolverine must attempt to change history to avoid the two generations of mutants fighting and getting challenged by Sentinels.
"Are we destined to destroy each other? Or can we change who we are and unite? Is the future truly set?" Professor Charles Xavier (Patrick Stewart), who is heard narrating the story in the trailer posted on YouTube, said.
In the trailer, the mutants are also told to be facing extinction, soon.
"Mutants - we now find ourselves on the edge of extinction," Stewart's Charles Xavier character uttered somberly.
Professor X must team up with Magneto to save the mutants. But, of course, the job will not be so easy. The bitter rivals are not totally open to getting together and making peace.
The X-Men second trailer released by 20th Century Fox, four months after the first, also reveals a lot of emotions. Mystique, Shadowcat and Charles Xavier, the younger Professor X (James McAvoy) were all caught looking teary-eyed at some parts.
The second trailer has showed more this time than the first trailer. Action-packed, thrilling, full-throttle effects and quite emotional, the new X-Men movie is proving to its fans that it deserved the top 1 ranking on "Summer's Most Anticipated Movies" of 2014.
All the fans will have to watch out for "X-Men: Days of Future Past," which will finally find its way in theaters on May 23, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Anna Paquin Says She Took Home ‘Cute, English Dude’ Stephen Moyer From The Set Of “True Blood”
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Actor Charlie Hunnam Gushes Over Co-star Maggie Siff, Says He Is Most Proud of Jax, Tara's Relationship [VIDEO}
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October