'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Second Trailer Released: Can't Get Enough of Jennifer Lawrence
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 25, 2014 2:35 PM EST
The second preview of "X-Men: Days of Future Past" has just come out to reveal a stronger character for Jennifer Lawrence. Fans of the movie will be seeing more of JLaw in the new trailer than they have ever seen her so far.
Jennifer Lawrence, best supporting actress nominee for her role in "American Hustle," arrives at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Jennifer Lawrence, who can be seen definitely bigger than the rest of the characters, sans Hugh Jackman, on the new movie poster posted on X-Men's official Web site, will be playing the role of Mystique.
Aside from Lawrence, who has been a famous X-Men superhero since her appearance in "X-Men: First Class," Bryan Singer's action-packed movie also showcased the huge cast of superheroes including, according to IMDb, Hugh Jackman (Wolverine), Michael Fassbender (younger Magneto), Ian McKellen (older Magneto) Nicholas Hoult (Beast), Ellen Page (Shadowcat), Halle Berry (Storm) and more.
In the new X-Men movie, Wolverine must travel back to the past to end the fight before it even has a chance to begin. Wolverine must attempt to change history to avoid the two generations of mutants fighting and getting challenged by Sentinels.
"Are we destined to destroy each other? Or can we change who we are and unite? Is the future truly set?" Professor Charles Xavier (Patrick Stewart), who is heard narrating the story in the trailer posted on YouTube, said.
In the trailer, the mutants are also told to be facing extinction, soon.
"Mutants - we now find ourselves on the edge of extinction," Stewart's Charles Xavier character uttered somberly.
Professor X must team up with Magneto to save the mutants. But, of course, the job will not be so easy. The bitter rivals are not totally open to getting together and making peace.
The X-Men second trailer released by 20th Century Fox, four months after the first, also reveals a lot of emotions. Mystique, Shadowcat and Charles Xavier, the younger Professor X (James McAvoy) were all caught looking teary-eyed at some parts.
The second trailer has showed more this time than the first trailer. Action-packed, thrilling, full-throttle effects and quite emotional, the new X-Men movie is proving to its fans that it deserved the top 1 ranking on "Summer's Most Anticipated Movies" of 2014.
All the fans will have to watch out for "X-Men: Days of Future Past," which will finally find its way in theaters on May 23, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown