Samsung Galaxy S5 And Prime Release: Top Reasons to Buy
By Precious Silva | March 25, 2014 2:32 PM EST
Samsung has launched its Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone during the Mobile World Congress 2014. Despite the announcement, the device will not hit stores until April 11. The device will reportedly hit stores first in the UK before trickling to other regions.
New Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone (L), Gear 2 smartwatch (C) and Gear Fit fitness band are displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014. Samsung Electronics unveiled a new smart watch and fitness band along with the latest version of its flagship Galaxy smartphone on Monday, demonstrating how the battleground for innovation is shifting from the hand to the wrist. Picture taken on February 23. REUTERS/Albert Gea
Recent reports suggested the Korean tech giant also plans on releasing a Prime version. What can Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime offer?
Samsung Galaxy S5 will be available in a Prime version, according to a leak by @evleaks in February 2014. After that, several reports have sprung up about what people should expect from the official release of the upcoming flagship.
According to the full review reported by GSM Arena, while Samsung claimed the water will only be water-resistant, the review noted it might also be waterproof.
The report showed a picture of the device under the faucet. Apparently, the unit has not been damaged even after all the water exposure. Samsung also transformed the display compared to previous models. According to GSM's review, the color accuracy appeared to be better. The report noted color accuracy is also good despite odd viewing angles. It is a big leap from Samsung Galaxy S4.
The device will also come with a 16 MP camera featuring ISOCELL technology. According to Motoring Crunch, the camera on S5 will be fast featuring autofocus at 0.3 seconds. It is not clear yet whether it has some real good advantage over the technology in S4.
Motoring Crunch also noted consumers can expect impressive computing performance because of the Snapdragon 801 processor. This is despite the lower RAM compared to Note 3 and Xperia Z2. Samsung Galaxy S5 will only have 2 GB whereas Note 3 and Xperia Z2 come with 3 GB RAM. The Snapdragon processor will be clocked at 2.5 GHz. The device will be shipping with 16 GB internal storage plus SD card support.
According to reports, Samsung Galaxy S5 will have 5.1-inch display plus FHD Super AMOLED display. It will have resolution of 1920 x 1080p plus pixel density at 432 ppi. Other features include 2,800 mAh, Android 4.4 KitKat and TouchWiz.
For more information about the Samsung Galaxy S5 handset, check out this video.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change