Apple iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 Release Roundup: Apple Hints New iPad Models, iOS 7.1 and More
By Precious Silva | March 25, 2014 2:14 PM EST
Following Samsung's series of releases including the Samsung Galaxy S5 last Mobile World Congress, the market now focuses on Apple. The tech giant will be releasing its next flagship phone, the iPhone 6 along with other refreshed products including the iPad Air 2. Recent information suggests that apart from the iPad Air 2 release, Apple will also be releasing new iPad models including more OS updates. What has Apple got in store for everyone this year?
Apple Inc CEO Tim Cook speaks about the new iPad Air and the iPad mini with Retnia display during an Apple event in San Francisco, California October 22, 2013.
While there have been countless reports saying that Apple will be creating two version of the iPhone 6, there have not been any leads to know just what the company is planning. According to a report by BGR, Apple is indeed releasing two versions of the iPhone 6: a 4.7 and 5.5-inch version. According to USB analyst Steve Milvunovich, Apple has been working on the two models although only one will be released this fall. The 4.7-inch version will make an appearance this August or September while Milnovich thinks that the 5.5 varient "may or may not launch at the same time."
iOS 7.1 and New iPad Models
Following Apple's release of the iOS 7.1, many users were pleased with the user-friendly update and range of bug fixes. Nonetheless, the more particular of these tech users spotted exciting and interesting things especially for Apple fanatics: the update offers fixes for two, never before seen iPad variants.
According to a report by Al blog, download servers at Apple appear to be hosting a range of updates for iPad variants like Apple iPad 4.3 and iPad 4.6.The tech giant has not released such type of iPads before. It is an interesting thing to spot and has roused the curiosity of users around.
BGR reported that the Apple iPad 4.4 including the iPad Mini cellular data-equipped model go by model 4.5. The iPad Air, on other hand, correspond to models 4.1 and 4.2. What can the two new models refer to:
- Apple may be referring to tablets intended for China Mobile's unique TD-LTE platforms. The designs have not received certification yet, or
- The company may be pertaining to the evolutionary hardware updates that are just iminimal and to be released without all the hype.
Apple has released five iPad versions to date. The company has seen to it that it refreshes the line every year. Numerous reports point to a second iPad Air. Apple has yet to make an official announcement over it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy