‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Jamie Dornan on Playing Paul Spector, As Christian Grey & Being a Dad
By Riza Ornos | March 25, 2014 1:38 PM EST
Playing as the dazzling Casanova with a penchant for light sadomasochism comes with a price and Jamie Dornan is not loving the unwanted attention. Like any actor who wants to keep their private lives private, the Northern Irish actor is currently filming his BBC Two's drama series "The Fall" season 2 with co-star Gillian Anderson.
Fifty Shades of Grey: Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan Share First Kiss on Film Set
"Nobody sane wants just to be famous," says "Fifty of Shades of Grey" actor. "I hate it when people say you're asking for it by doing films. No, I'm asking for work, and I'm asking to get paid for doing something I love. I'm not asking to be followed down a street by some f****** pap."
Before he landed the most coveted role on his career, Dornan is known for his modeling career as Calvin Klein's underwear model and serial killer Paul Spector in a Belfast crime TV drama. The 31-year-old dad sits down with The Telegraph for an exclusive interview how he won the lead for E.L. James book adaptation and filming a new TV series "New Worlds."
"Some people were playing it as if he wanted to murder his child... But Jamie came in and spoke very kindly to the boy, then kissed his daughter goodnight," says "The Fall" creator Alan Cubitt in an interview Entertainment Wise. "And that's much more disconcerting for the audience. I had in mind someone who is very still in what they did and who the audience would project quite complex feelings on to."
Although modeling gives him the security he needs financially, it was acting that feeds his creative cravings. His first gig was in Sofia Coppola's 2006 film Marie Antoinette as a Swedish paramour and then he went to L.A. for pilot season auditions on which the actor describes as "one of the most dehumanising things anyone could ever go through - on an entertainment level, that is."
He was cast as the Huntsman from Snow White on ABC's hot fantasy series "Once Upon A Time." After a season with the network and landing a role to play Christian Grey, Dornan is a hot commodity in Hollywood which makes a hot target of the media.
When asked about being a new dad, the actor revealed the joys of fatherhood and challenges that comes with it. "That's a new challenge and adventure, and I can't wait," says the actor who doesn't mind the lack of sleep.
"Fifty Shades of Grey" will premiere on Feb. 2015 and "New World" is scheduled to debut on April 1 at 9 P.M.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- Beyonce’s ‘Ring Off’ Isn’t About Her Alleged Crumbling Marriage to Jay Z, But About Her Parents [VIDEOS]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks