Shakira’s New World Cup Song Revealed [VIDEO]
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 25, 2014 12:26 PM EST
Four years later after Shakira's 2010 Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) World Cup song became the biggest-selling song of all time in the history of the football competition, the beautiful Colombian singer-songwriter revealed that she has recorded yet another anthem for the upcoming 2014 World Cup which will be held in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil.
According to the Daily Star, the 37-year-old singer, who is dating FC Barcelona star Gerard Pique, has created a reworked version of her song Dare for the Brazil anthem. The title of the new song, La La La, is really catchy that can perk the interest of music lovers.
"It's an upbeat Brazilian track," Shakira said. "The lyrics are personal and I've actually recorded a version for the World Cup," she added. What has even made the song so special was that Shakira's son Milan had a little participation when it was being recorded.
"I was in the studio and Milan came in to hang out in the afternoon," she said. "I had him on my lap and he was listening and then when it came to the end of the song, he just went 'myah,'" Shakira explained.
Click here to watch the video.
Shakira is currently serving as a coach on the U.S. version of reality singing competition The Voice. She has appeared in two of its six seasons. Her tenth studio self-titled album was released on March 21, featuring the carrier single that she had collaborated with RnB singer Rihanna titled Can't Remember to Forget You.
Shakira has apparently beaten her new gal pal Rihanna to be the most-liked person on Facebook, Toronto Sun reported. She has harvested a total of 86.8 million subscribers topping Rihanna's 86.3 million.
"So humbled, can't thank you guys enough for your support."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles