Shakira’s New World Cup Song Revealed [VIDEO]
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 25, 2014 12:26 PM EST
Four years later after Shakira's 2010 Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) World Cup song became the biggest-selling song of all time in the history of the football competition, the beautiful Colombian singer-songwriter revealed that she has recorded yet another anthem for the upcoming 2014 World Cup which will be held in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil.
According to the Daily Star, the 37-year-old singer, who is dating FC Barcelona star Gerard Pique, has created a reworked version of her song Dare for the Brazil anthem. The title of the new song, La La La, is really catchy that can perk the interest of music lovers.
"It's an upbeat Brazilian track," Shakira said. "The lyrics are personal and I've actually recorded a version for the World Cup," she added. What has even made the song so special was that Shakira's son Milan had a little participation when it was being recorded.
"I was in the studio and Milan came in to hang out in the afternoon," she said. "I had him on my lap and he was listening and then when it came to the end of the song, he just went 'myah,'" Shakira explained.
Click here to watch the video.
Shakira is currently serving as a coach on the U.S. version of reality singing competition The Voice. She has appeared in two of its six seasons. Her tenth studio self-titled album was released on March 21, featuring the carrier single that she had collaborated with RnB singer Rihanna titled Can't Remember to Forget You.
Shakira has apparently beaten her new gal pal Rihanna to be the most-liked person on Facebook, Toronto Sun reported. She has harvested a total of 86.8 million subscribers topping Rihanna's 86.3 million.
"So humbled, can't thank you guys enough for your support."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]