Shakira’s New World Cup Song Revealed [VIDEO]
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 25, 2014 12:26 PM EST
Four years later after Shakira's 2010 Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) World Cup song became the biggest-selling song of all time in the history of the football competition, the beautiful Colombian singer-songwriter revealed that she has recorded yet another anthem for the upcoming 2014 World Cup which will be held in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil.
According to the Daily Star, the 37-year-old singer, who is dating FC Barcelona star Gerard Pique, has created a reworked version of her song Dare for the Brazil anthem. The title of the new song, La La La, is really catchy that can perk the interest of music lovers.
"It's an upbeat Brazilian track," Shakira said. "The lyrics are personal and I've actually recorded a version for the World Cup," she added. What has even made the song so special was that Shakira's son Milan had a little participation when it was being recorded.
"I was in the studio and Milan came in to hang out in the afternoon," she said. "I had him on my lap and he was listening and then when it came to the end of the song, he just went 'myah,'" Shakira explained.
Click here to watch the video.
Shakira is currently serving as a coach on the U.S. version of reality singing competition The Voice. She has appeared in two of its six seasons. Her tenth studio self-titled album was released on March 21, featuring the carrier single that she had collaborated with RnB singer Rihanna titled Can't Remember to Forget You.
Shakira has apparently beaten her new gal pal Rihanna to be the most-liked person on Facebook, Toronto Sun reported. She has harvested a total of 86.8 million subscribers topping Rihanna's 86.3 million.
"So humbled, can't thank you guys enough for your support."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories