Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) Stock Propelled by iPhone 6 Launch; iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C Among Top 3 U.S. Smartphones
By Reissa Su | March 25, 2014 12:24 PM EST
Apple Inc shares are expected to get a boost from the release of the new iPhone anticipated to have a bigger screen. According to the latest edition of Barron's, Apple stock could increase by 20 per cent in 2015. The iPhone 6 is rumoured to be launched in the summer or fall.
A woman poses for a photo illustration with an iPhone as she plays Candy Crush in New York February 18, 2014.
According to Barron's, it is certain that Apple's latest iPhone will have a bigger screen compared to its 4-inch predecessors. A bigger-screen iPhone could attract new users and give iPhone owners incentive to upgrade to the latest iPhone.
Since the iPhone 5S hit the market in September 2013, Apple's flagship product still continues to enjoy solid sales despite several critics saying the iPhone 5S lacks innovation. The premium iPhone is in stores for six months now but sales remain steady as the iPhone is on track to become the most popular iPhone based on sales figures.
Aside from the iPhone 5S, the iPhone 5C is also doing well in the market despite receiving criticism for being the not-so-cheap iPhone. Some had even described Apple's iPhone 5C as a flop. According to a report by the Apple Insider, the iPhone 5C is the top 3 smartphone among U.S. carriers.
Apple Inc may have not priced the Iphone 5C right based on analysts' expectations, but the device itself is "not that bad." According to data, Apple Inc remains to be a dominant presence in the United States at the end of 2013.
The iPhone 5S was the number one smartphone across AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile in three months. Various reports have painted the iPhone 5C as a "terrible" product, but the cheaper iPhone beat Android flagships, including Blackberry and Windows Phone.
The ISI Group has upgraded Apple stock to a "strong-buy" rating as the firm has a $600 price objective on the stock. Apple investors may see significant gains in the company's stock in the next 12 months. According to Pacific Crest Securities analyst Andy Hargreaves, Apple stock could reach $635 with the impending release of iPhone 6 rumoured to have a bigger screen than the usual 4-inch iPhone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8