Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) Stock Propelled by iPhone 6 Launch; iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C Among Top 3 U.S. Smartphones
By Reissa Su | March 25, 2014 12:24 PM EST
Apple Inc shares are expected to get a boost from the release of the new iPhone anticipated to have a bigger screen. According to the latest edition of Barron's, Apple stock could increase by 20 per cent in 2015. The iPhone 6 is rumoured to be launched in the summer or fall.
A woman poses for a photo illustration with an iPhone as she plays Candy Crush in New York February 18, 2014.
According to Barron's, it is certain that Apple's latest iPhone will have a bigger screen compared to its 4-inch predecessors. A bigger-screen iPhone could attract new users and give iPhone owners incentive to upgrade to the latest iPhone.
Since the iPhone 5S hit the market in September 2013, Apple's flagship product still continues to enjoy solid sales despite several critics saying the iPhone 5S lacks innovation. The premium iPhone is in stores for six months now but sales remain steady as the iPhone is on track to become the most popular iPhone based on sales figures.
Aside from the iPhone 5S, the iPhone 5C is also doing well in the market despite receiving criticism for being the not-so-cheap iPhone. Some had even described Apple's iPhone 5C as a flop. According to a report by the Apple Insider, the iPhone 5C is the top 3 smartphone among U.S. carriers.
Apple Inc may have not priced the Iphone 5C right based on analysts' expectations, but the device itself is "not that bad." According to data, Apple Inc remains to be a dominant presence in the United States at the end of 2013.
The iPhone 5S was the number one smartphone across AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile in three months. Various reports have painted the iPhone 5C as a "terrible" product, but the cheaper iPhone beat Android flagships, including Blackberry and Windows Phone.
The ISI Group has upgraded Apple stock to a "strong-buy" rating as the firm has a $600 price objective on the stock. Apple investors may see significant gains in the company's stock in the next 12 months. According to Pacific Crest Securities analyst Andy Hargreaves, Apple stock could reach $635 with the impending release of iPhone 6 rumoured to have a bigger screen than the usual 4-inch iPhone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best