HTC One 2014: Verizon Exclusive 2 Weeks After U.S. Release, Carrier Price Tag Leaked
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 25, 2014 12:03 PM EST
HTC One is due to be replaced by the One 2. (Reuters)
HTC will officially release M8 on March 25. Surfacing rumors suggested HTC's newest flagship will be exclusively offered by Verizon starting on the release date and will last for a couple of weeks. Some reports claimed HTC M8 will only last with Verizon for only 2 weeks.
Verizon's "exclusivity" attempt of the HTC M8 may be a regaining strategy after the previous year's frustration of the subscribers due to the very late release of HTC One M7. Verizon subscribers in 2013 got the taste of M7 several months after the phone's official release, which was too late compared to all other U.S. carriers that debuted the phone right after the manufacturer made it public.
Verizon did not provide a concrete statement about the matter yet. But there is a leak that reveals the pricing of the all new HTC One M8 from the carrier. Confirmed via Verizon's in store computer system, the Verizon Wireless HTC One 2014 may be expected to have a price tag of $199.99 under a two-year agreement. The smartphone is priced $600 for full retail and available in three colors: metal gray, amber gold and glacier silver.
Despite lack of formal announcement, it is safe to anticipate that Verizon or HTC may declare the confirmation of the rumor formally on the release day. Also, Verizon is not the only carrier that showcases bold promotion for the upcoming HTC One 2014. Carriers in the U.S. are getting their customers ready for HTC One M8's release and AT&T is even giving away five of the newest HTC devices for the U.S. market.
If Verizon's exclusivity rumors were true, despite AT&T's March 21-25 giveaways, HTC One 2014 will be offered by the carrier, including T-Mobile and the others, starting from the middle of April. Meanwhile, HTC One 2014 will be available in select UK stores on the very same day of its release.
The HTC One M8 is priced AU$840 for the Australian market.
Read more to find out HTC One 2014's features.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Sony Xperia T3 vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- OnePlus One vs. iPhone 5S Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools