HTC One 2014: Verizon Exclusive 2 Weeks After U.S. Release, Carrier Price Tag Leaked
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 25, 2014 12:03 PM EST
HTC One is due to be replaced by the One 2. (Reuters)
HTC will officially release M8 on March 25. Surfacing rumors suggested HTC's newest flagship will be exclusively offered by Verizon starting on the release date and will last for a couple of weeks. Some reports claimed HTC M8 will only last with Verizon for only 2 weeks.
Verizon's "exclusivity" attempt of the HTC M8 may be a regaining strategy after the previous year's frustration of the subscribers due to the very late release of HTC One M7. Verizon subscribers in 2013 got the taste of M7 several months after the phone's official release, which was too late compared to all other U.S. carriers that debuted the phone right after the manufacturer made it public.
Verizon did not provide a concrete statement about the matter yet. But there is a leak that reveals the pricing of the all new HTC One M8 from the carrier. Confirmed via Verizon's in store computer system, the Verizon Wireless HTC One 2014 may be expected to have a price tag of $199.99 under a two-year agreement. The smartphone is priced $600 for full retail and available in three colors: metal gray, amber gold and glacier silver.
Despite lack of formal announcement, it is safe to anticipate that Verizon or HTC may declare the confirmation of the rumor formally on the release day. Also, Verizon is not the only carrier that showcases bold promotion for the upcoming HTC One 2014. Carriers in the U.S. are getting their customers ready for HTC One M8's release and AT&T is even giving away five of the newest HTC devices for the U.S. market.
If Verizon's exclusivity rumors were true, despite AT&T's March 21-25 giveaways, HTC One 2014 will be offered by the carrier, including T-Mobile and the others, starting from the middle of April. Meanwhile, HTC One 2014 will be available in select UK stores on the very same day of its release.
The HTC One M8 is priced AU$840 for the Australian market.
Read more to find out HTC One 2014's features.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Sony Xperia Z3 Five Things Unveiled: 2 Metres Water-Resistance, Sprint US, Specifications, LTE Certification, Sports Sensor
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans