HTC One 2014: Verizon Exclusive 2 Weeks After U.S. Release, Carrier Price Tag Leaked
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 25, 2014 12:03 PM EST
HTC One is due to be replaced by the One 2. (Reuters)
HTC will officially release M8 on March 25. Surfacing rumors suggested HTC's newest flagship will be exclusively offered by Verizon starting on the release date and will last for a couple of weeks. Some reports claimed HTC M8 will only last with Verizon for only 2 weeks.
Verizon's "exclusivity" attempt of the HTC M8 may be a regaining strategy after the previous year's frustration of the subscribers due to the very late release of HTC One M7. Verizon subscribers in 2013 got the taste of M7 several months after the phone's official release, which was too late compared to all other U.S. carriers that debuted the phone right after the manufacturer made it public.
Verizon did not provide a concrete statement about the matter yet. But there is a leak that reveals the pricing of the all new HTC One M8 from the carrier. Confirmed via Verizon's in store computer system, the Verizon Wireless HTC One 2014 may be expected to have a price tag of $199.99 under a two-year agreement. The smartphone is priced $600 for full retail and available in three colors: metal gray, amber gold and glacier silver.
Despite lack of formal announcement, it is safe to anticipate that Verizon or HTC may declare the confirmation of the rumor formally on the release day. Also, Verizon is not the only carrier that showcases bold promotion for the upcoming HTC One 2014. Carriers in the U.S. are getting their customers ready for HTC One M8's release and AT&T is even giving away five of the newest HTC devices for the U.S. market.
If Verizon's exclusivity rumors were true, despite AT&T's March 21-25 giveaways, HTC One 2014 will be offered by the carrier, including T-Mobile and the others, starting from the middle of April. Meanwhile, HTC One 2014 will be available in select UK stores on the very same day of its release.
The HTC One M8 is priced AU$840 for the Australian market.
Read more to find out HTC One 2014's features.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air