iPhone 5C is Not a Washout; Did iPhone 5C Beat Samsung Galaxy S4 Sales?
By Pavithra Rathinavel | March 25, 2014 11:50 AM EST
When iPhone 5C has been released, there were many negative feedbacks and criticisms mainly brought by the plastic appearance of the phone, which was far-off from Apple's expected standards.
File of Apple iPhone 5C phones are pictured at the Apple retail store on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan, New York. October 16, 2013.
Customers did not appreciate that Apple moved from premium and exclusive smartphones arena to something of lesser range and value (mid-range).
Apple Insider revealed a startling chart, which talks about the comparison of different smartphones from the sales' point of view.
At the end of the previous year, Apple saw the most dominant presence in the U.S. market, with iPhone 5S leading the pack over AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile connections.
iPhone 5C even beat out Samsung's Galaxy S4 on AT&T in September and October.
According to the data, iPhone 5S ranked number one, followed by Galaxy S4, and iPhone 5C ranked third.
None of the other devices (vendors) surfaced on the list. When it comes to the U.S. market, Samsung and Apple fight it out at the top.
Most of the reports bordering iPhone 5C have been negative so far, with the latest rumor that Apple was sitting on millions of unsold units of iPhone 5C, Business Insider claimed. But the smartphone's U.S. performance clearly proved consumers are not ignoring Apple's plastic-looking and relatively cheap phone.
Also, Apple's leading market position in premium smartphones arena is evident, from accruing 80 percentage of premium phone sales in China to 76 percentage of all smartphones in Japan and 45 percentage of all smartphones sold in the U.S., Apple Insider claimed.
Although one cannot state that Apple's iPhone 5C is the world's best phone with great value, but as Business Insider quoted, "It sure seems as though Apple's "flop" is doing much better than people thought."
It is still worthy to pay an extra $100 and opt for an iPhone 5S instead of 5C, but if price is the deciding factor then iPhone 5C should do the job.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up