iPhone 5C is Not a Washout; Did iPhone 5C Beat Samsung Galaxy S4 Sales?
By Pavithra Rathinavel | March 25, 2014 11:50 AM EST
When iPhone 5C has been released, there were many negative feedbacks and criticisms mainly brought by the plastic appearance of the phone, which was far-off from Apple's expected standards.
File of Apple iPhone 5C phones are pictured at the Apple retail store on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan, New York. October 16, 2013.
Customers did not appreciate that Apple moved from premium and exclusive smartphones arena to something of lesser range and value (mid-range).
Apple Insider revealed a startling chart, which talks about the comparison of different smartphones from the sales' point of view.
At the end of the previous year, Apple saw the most dominant presence in the U.S. market, with iPhone 5S leading the pack over AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile connections.
iPhone 5C even beat out Samsung's Galaxy S4 on AT&T in September and October.
According to the data, iPhone 5S ranked number one, followed by Galaxy S4, and iPhone 5C ranked third.
None of the other devices (vendors) surfaced on the list. When it comes to the U.S. market, Samsung and Apple fight it out at the top.
Most of the reports bordering iPhone 5C have been negative so far, with the latest rumor that Apple was sitting on millions of unsold units of iPhone 5C, Business Insider claimed. But the smartphone's U.S. performance clearly proved consumers are not ignoring Apple's plastic-looking and relatively cheap phone.
Also, Apple's leading market position in premium smartphones arena is evident, from accruing 80 percentage of premium phone sales in China to 76 percentage of all smartphones in Japan and 45 percentage of all smartphones sold in the U.S., Apple Insider claimed.
Although one cannot state that Apple's iPhone 5C is the world's best phone with great value, but as Business Insider quoted, "It sure seems as though Apple's "flop" is doing much better than people thought."
It is still worthy to pay an extra $100 and opt for an iPhone 5S instead of 5C, but if price is the deciding factor then iPhone 5C should do the job.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Fairfax Chief Executive Greg Hywood Reiterates Commitment to Radio; No Merger With Macquarie Radio
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- Raining Discounts: $100 Price Cut on Moto X; LG G3 Available for $100 On-Contract; Sony Xperia Z2 on Release Date Gets $50 Price Cut (U.S.)