Natalia Poklonskaya: Fake Twitter Account for Crimea’s Pretty Attorney-General & Anime Fan Art (SEE HER ANIME IMAGES)
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 25, 2014 10:10 AM EST
One press conference and a movie-star face were all it took to launch Natalia Poklonskaya, Crimea's new and very beautiful attorney-general, to Internet fame.
The Twitter symbol is displayed at the post where the stock is traded on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange, in this November 15, 2013, file photo. Twitter Inc shares slipped on December 2, 2013, after some of the five lead underwriters of its initial public offering said the social media firm may not achieve Facebook-like scale and its stock may not rise much higher. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid/Files
Although the 33-year-old brains and beauty lawyer said she is unaware of her newfound cyber-fame, one proof that she has arrived is that there is already a fake Twitter account of her using the handle @NPoklonskaya.
The Crimean lawyer had stated on March 19 that she has no social networking accounts such as Facebook and Twitter, but a day after, the impostor posted a tweet in Japanese language, thanking fans in Japan for their creativity and even saying, "I love you" in Japanese characters.
While many women would be flattered by the global appreciation over their physical beauty, Ms Poklonskaya would rather be known for something else. She said, quoted by The Voice of Russia, "I want to be viewed as the Attorney General, and I want to be evaluated on the way in which I do my job. I'm putting tremendous effort into that."
Her image has spawned fan art in which she is portrayed as an anime heroine, specifically in Pixiv, the Japanese artwork-sharing Web site. 2ch, the largest online forum in Japan, clarified that she is not a sex symbol in Japan but more of a cute symbol.
Kotaku explained that one possible reason why Japanese netizens focused on her face rather than what she said was that the video of her press conference - viewed almost 300,000 times after it was posted in several Japanese social media platforms - did not have Japanese subtitles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- El Niño Update: 2014 Threat Easing, ‘Unlikely to be a Strong Event’ – Australia BoM
- “Women should not laugh in public” - Turkish Deputy PM says
- Australia Asked National Media to Suppress Multi-National Corruption Case: WikiLeaks
- Opinion Poll in New Zealand Shows National Party Far Ahead in Popular Support
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install