Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners to Activate Schalke Ace’s £37million Release Clause
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 25, 2014 7:34 AM EST
Arsenal are suggested to be ready to activate the £37million release clause of Schalke attacker Julian Draxler.
The Gunners have failed to secure the 20-year-old's signature in January due to injury concerns involving the latter's ankle, but a speedy recovery, which saw the youth ace make 5 appearances in the Bundesliga and 2 in the Champions League since, has seen the north London outfit renew their interest.
Arsenal are suggested to be ready to activate the release clause of Schalke's Julian Draxler
Settling in at the Emirates will not be as much of a problem as Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has Draxler's compatriots Mesut Ozil, Per Mertesacker, Lukas Podolski, and Serge Gnabry, to help him cope with life in the Premier League.
The French mentor has already held initial negotiations with Draxler's representatives, expecting a move in the upcoming transfer window to push through, but is also wary about the importance of sealing the deal before the 2014 World Cup commences.
Draxler has already earned 10 international caps from the senior's squad and will likely take part in the proceedings in Brazil which may, in effect, make his stocks rise.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports