Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners to Activate Schalke Ace’s £37million Release Clause
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 25, 2014 7:34 AM EST
Arsenal are suggested to be ready to activate the £37million release clause of Schalke attacker Julian Draxler.
The Gunners have failed to secure the 20-year-old's signature in January due to injury concerns involving the latter's ankle, but a speedy recovery, which saw the youth ace make 5 appearances in the Bundesliga and 2 in the Champions League since, has seen the north London outfit renew their interest.
Arsenal are suggested to be ready to activate the release clause of Schalke's Julian Draxler
Settling in at the Emirates will not be as much of a problem as Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has Draxler's compatriots Mesut Ozil, Per Mertesacker, Lukas Podolski, and Serge Gnabry, to help him cope with life in the Premier League.
The French mentor has already held initial negotiations with Draxler's representatives, expecting a move in the upcoming transfer window to push through, but is also wary about the importance of sealing the deal before the 2014 World Cup commences.
Draxler has already earned 10 international caps from the senior's squad and will likely take part in the proceedings in Brazil which may, in effect, make his stocks rise.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced