Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners to Activate Schalke Ace’s £37million Release Clause
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 25, 2014 7:34 AM EST
Arsenal are suggested to be ready to activate the £37million release clause of Schalke attacker Julian Draxler.
The Gunners have failed to secure the 20-year-old's signature in January due to injury concerns involving the latter's ankle, but a speedy recovery, which saw the youth ace make 5 appearances in the Bundesliga and 2 in the Champions League since, has seen the north London outfit renew their interest.
Arsenal are suggested to be ready to activate the release clause of Schalke's Julian Draxler
Settling in at the Emirates will not be as much of a problem as Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has Draxler's compatriots Mesut Ozil, Per Mertesacker, Lukas Podolski, and Serge Gnabry, to help him cope with life in the Premier League.
The French mentor has already held initial negotiations with Draxler's representatives, expecting a move in the upcoming transfer window to push through, but is also wary about the importance of sealing the deal before the 2014 World Cup commences.
Draxler has already earned 10 international caps from the senior's squad and will likely take part in the proceedings in Brazil which may, in effect, make his stocks rise.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage