Arsenal FC Transfer News: Bayern Striker Signing Imminent for Gunners
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 25, 2014 6:13 AM EST
Bayern Munich striker Mario Mandzukic is reportedly headed to the Premier League this summer, with Arsenal already in advanced talks with the Croatia international's camp.
Arsenal are suggested to have lodged a £25million bid for Bayern Munich striker Mario Mandzukic
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is looking to provide reinforcement in his attacking line, to take some workload and pressure off his current first-choice forward Olivier Giroud.
The 27-year-old Mandzukic is enjoying a fantastic season in Germany's top-flight, tallying a total of 22 goals for the Bavarians in all competitions, 17 of which in the Bundesliga and 2 in the Champions League, while recording 9 assists.
However, the imminent transfer of Borussia Dortmund ace Robert Lewandowski to Munich poses questions regarding the former Wolfsburg man's involvement in Pep Guardiola's squad in the near future.
The north Londoners have failed to sustain the great form that they had in the earlier part of the Premier League campaign, which saw them hold the top spot for weeks, partly because of the lack of goalscoring output, with only 53 - far from Manchester City's count of 76, and Liverpool's 82.
Arsenal are suggested to have lodged a £25million bid for Mandzukic.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Bob Arum Calls Showtime ‘Masochists’ For Allowing Floyd Mayweather To Lose Company Money
- Manny Pacquiao: ‘Money Is Not An Issue, Mayweather Has Not Responded To Challenge Of A Charity Match’
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season