Arsenal FC Transfer News: Bayern Striker Signing Imminent for Gunners
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 25, 2014 6:13 AM EST
Bayern Munich striker Mario Mandzukic is reportedly headed to the Premier League this summer, with Arsenal already in advanced talks with the Croatia international's camp.
Arsenal are suggested to have lodged a £25million bid for Bayern Munich striker Mario Mandzukic
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is looking to provide reinforcement in his attacking line, to take some workload and pressure off his current first-choice forward Olivier Giroud.
The 27-year-old Mandzukic is enjoying a fantastic season in Germany's top-flight, tallying a total of 22 goals for the Bavarians in all competitions, 17 of which in the Bundesliga and 2 in the Champions League, while recording 9 assists.
However, the imminent transfer of Borussia Dortmund ace Robert Lewandowski to Munich poses questions regarding the former Wolfsburg man's involvement in Pep Guardiola's squad in the near future.
The north Londoners have failed to sustain the great form that they had in the earlier part of the Premier League campaign, which saw them hold the top spot for weeks, partly because of the lack of goalscoring output, with only 53 - far from Manchester City's count of 76, and Liverpool's 82.
Arsenal are suggested to have lodged a £25million bid for Mandzukic.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports