Arsenal FC Transfer News: Bayern Striker Signing Imminent for Gunners
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 25, 2014 6:13 AM EST
Bayern Munich striker Mario Mandzukic is reportedly headed to the Premier League this summer, with Arsenal already in advanced talks with the Croatia international's camp.
Arsenal are suggested to have lodged a £25million bid for Bayern Munich striker Mario Mandzukic
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is looking to provide reinforcement in his attacking line, to take some workload and pressure off his current first-choice forward Olivier Giroud.
The 27-year-old Mandzukic is enjoying a fantastic season in Germany's top-flight, tallying a total of 22 goals for the Bavarians in all competitions, 17 of which in the Bundesliga and 2 in the Champions League, while recording 9 assists.
However, the imminent transfer of Borussia Dortmund ace Robert Lewandowski to Munich poses questions regarding the former Wolfsburg man's involvement in Pep Guardiola's squad in the near future.
The north Londoners have failed to sustain the great form that they had in the earlier part of the Premier League campaign, which saw them hold the top spot for weeks, partly because of the lack of goalscoring output, with only 53 - far from Manchester City's count of 76, and Liverpool's 82.
Arsenal are suggested to have lodged a £25million bid for Mandzukic.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu