Malaysian Airlines Flight 370: Netizens Eagerly Wait for News About Missing Aircraft If Update Comes from Handsome Aussie Pilot Russell Adams
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 25, 2014 4:42 AM EST
The mysterious disappearance of Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 with 239 passengers and crew on board was enough to keep the world glued on for latest developments about the search that now involves about two dozen nations.
After more than two weeks of investigations, global interest on the subject matter started to wane, until Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott announced last week the sighting by an Australian satellite of two objects on the southern Indian Ocean floating, which could possibly be the debris of the missing Boeing 777 jet.
On Monday night, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak confirmed, based on analysis of satellite data, that the ill-fated flight indeed crashed at the Indian Ocean.
Despite the confirmation, interest on the aircraft will likely continue to be sustained as people want to know more details what really happened, and the fact that the Aussie military pilot who leads the search operations from the Australian side is a handsome chap.
Lieutenant Russell Adams became an instant celebrity, much like the way Crimean Attorney General Natalia Poklonskaya became an Internet sensation last week, spawning cheesy tweets from swooning female and gay fans.
Here are some examples:
"Capt. Russell Adams. I think I lost myself. Pls help me search. Myself." - Anna Maris Igpit @annaigpit
"From now on I only want to hear updates on MH370 from Flight lt Russell Adams of the Australian Airforce! - Dee @DeirdreDowney
"With all due respect to "Flight370... Australian Flight Lieutenant Russell Adams is swoon-worthy." - Veronica @vevecurl
"The only good thing about the missing plane search is Russell Adams can stay on our screens a little bit longer." - Kelly Ross @Kelstarrx
"Thanks #CNN for my morning eye candy. Hello Fllight Lt. Russell Adams of the Royal Australian Air Force." - Lynne P. @Ennlynne
"That Royal Australian Airforce Pilot, Russell Adams, is a total catch." - Olga @im_o_k
"I'm moving to Australia, you boys down under are hot! Add Russell Adams to the list!" - Christian Dega @dega4u
For the pilot's fans who have not enough yet of his movie-actor looks, here are some pictures of Mr Adams in action.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flights: MH17 Black Box Data Suggests Missile Attack; MH17 and MH370 Leads Malaysia Airlines to ‘Renaming and Rebranding’
- 5 Creepy (And Others--Amazing) Urban Legends From Australia
- Pm Abbott Goes Nuts over MH17 Mission
- Flying Still Safest Despite Air Crashes, Experts Reassure
- MH17 Downing Violates International Law – World Leaders
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga