Malaysian Airlines Flight 370: Netizens Eagerly Wait for News About Missing Aircraft If Update Comes from Handsome Aussie Pilot Russell Adams
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 25, 2014 4:42 AM EST
The mysterious disappearance of Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 with 239 passengers and crew on board was enough to keep the world glued on for latest developments about the search that now involves about two dozen nations.
After more than two weeks of investigations, global interest on the subject matter started to wane, until Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott announced last week the sighting by an Australian satellite of two objects on the southern Indian Ocean floating, which could possibly be the debris of the missing Boeing 777 jet.
On Monday night, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak confirmed, based on analysis of satellite data, that the ill-fated flight indeed crashed at the Indian Ocean.
Despite the confirmation, interest on the aircraft will likely continue to be sustained as people want to know more details what really happened, and the fact that the Aussie military pilot who leads the search operations from the Australian side is a handsome chap.
Lieutenant Russell Adams became an instant celebrity, much like the way Crimean Attorney General Natalia Poklonskaya became an Internet sensation last week, spawning cheesy tweets from swooning female and gay fans.
Here are some examples:
"Capt. Russell Adams. I think I lost myself. Pls help me search. Myself." - Anna Maris Igpit @annaigpit
"From now on I only want to hear updates on MH370 from Flight lt Russell Adams of the Australian Airforce! - Dee @DeirdreDowney
"With all due respect to "Flight370... Australian Flight Lieutenant Russell Adams is swoon-worthy." - Veronica @vevecurl
"The only good thing about the missing plane search is Russell Adams can stay on our screens a little bit longer." - Kelly Ross @Kelstarrx
"Thanks #CNN for my morning eye candy. Hello Fllight Lt. Russell Adams of the Royal Australian Air Force." - Lynne P. @Ennlynne
"That Royal Australian Airforce Pilot, Russell Adams, is a total catch." - Olga @im_o_k
"I'm moving to Australia, you boys down under are hot! Add Russell Adams to the list!" - Christian Dega @dega4u
For the pilot's fans who have not enough yet of his movie-actor looks, here are some pictures of Mr Adams in action.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Bali Most Dangerous Destination for Australians
- MH370: ‘Boeing 777 Found’ E-mail Exposes Classified Information To Hackers
- Reading Festival Approaches, Tesco Gears Up With Vodka And Jagermeister
- Western Sydney Airport 2020 Takes Significant Phase to Commencement
- BITRE Names Airline With Most On Time Departures
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015