Malaysian Airlines Flight 370: Netizens Eagerly Wait for News About Missing Aircraft If Update Comes from Handsome Aussie Pilot Russell Adams
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 25, 2014 4:42 AM EST
The mysterious disappearance of Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 with 239 passengers and crew on board was enough to keep the world glued on for latest developments about the search that now involves about two dozen nations.
After more than two weeks of investigations, global interest on the subject matter started to wane, until Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott announced last week the sighting by an Australian satellite of two objects on the southern Indian Ocean floating, which could possibly be the debris of the missing Boeing 777 jet.
On Monday night, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak confirmed, based on analysis of satellite data, that the ill-fated flight indeed crashed at the Indian Ocean.
Despite the confirmation, interest on the aircraft will likely continue to be sustained as people want to know more details what really happened, and the fact that the Aussie military pilot who leads the search operations from the Australian side is a handsome chap.
Lieutenant Russell Adams became an instant celebrity, much like the way Crimean Attorney General Natalia Poklonskaya became an Internet sensation last week, spawning cheesy tweets from swooning female and gay fans.
Here are some examples:
"Capt. Russell Adams. I think I lost myself. Pls help me search. Myself." - Anna Maris Igpit @annaigpit
"From now on I only want to hear updates on MH370 from Flight lt Russell Adams of the Australian Airforce! - Dee @DeirdreDowney
"With all due respect to "Flight370... Australian Flight Lieutenant Russell Adams is swoon-worthy." - Veronica @vevecurl
"The only good thing about the missing plane search is Russell Adams can stay on our screens a little bit longer." - Kelly Ross @Kelstarrx
"Thanks #CNN for my morning eye candy. Hello Fllight Lt. Russell Adams of the Royal Australian Air Force." - Lynne P. @Ennlynne
"That Royal Australian Airforce Pilot, Russell Adams, is a total catch." - Olga @im_o_k
"I'm moving to Australia, you boys down under are hot! Add Russell Adams to the list!" - Christian Dega @dega4u
For the pilot's fans who have not enough yet of his movie-actor looks, here are some pictures of Mr Adams in action.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Russia Floats Another Ridiculous Conspiracy Theory that MH 370 & 17 Is One Jet Which U.S. Military Arranged to Be Blown Up Over Ukraine
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 Conspiracy Theory: CIA and Ukraine Together ‘Orchestrated’ Boeing 777’s Shot Down; Russian Media Accuses the U.S.- Report
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales