Malaysian Airlines Flight 370: Relatives of Passengers Express Grief at PM Najib Razak TV Announcement that There is No Doubt the Missing Jet Crashed into the Indian Ocean
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 25, 2014 3:59 AM EST
Relatives of the passengers of the ill-fated Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 were seen on late Monday leaving the conference room of a hotel in Beijing after watching a televised announcement by Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak. The PM said there is no doubt that the Boeing 777 with 239 passengers and crew crashed into the Indian Ocean with likely no survivors.
CBS reported that one woman collapsed and fell on her knees, while wailing "My son! My son!"
Another elderly man was carried out of the conference room, his faced covered by a jacket, on a stretcher by medical teams that arrived at the Lido Hotel. He was followed by a middle-aged woman who was also taken out on a stretcher, face ashen with eyes staring off into the distance amid a blank expressionless face.
Majority of the relatives refused to be interviewed by media, while some vent their anger at the TV crews and reporters. One man even threatened a TV cameraman with the words, "Don't film. I'll beat you to death!"
Mr Razak based his heart-breaking announcement on analysis of data by British investigators from the Air Accidents Investigation Branch which concluded that the plane that disappeared on March 8 likely plunged into the sea.
Inmarsat, a satellite company, managed to trace the final flight path of the jet by using sophisticated technology, and determined its last position was in the middle of the Indian Ocean, west of Perth where an Australian satellite have captured images of 2 objects, likely debris from the crashed aircraft.
"With deep sadness and regret, that according to this new data, flight MH370 ended in this southern Indian Ocean," the PM said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report