Another Malaysia Airlines Tragedy Averted? MH066 Flight Makes Emergency Landing in Hong Kong after Electrical Failure
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | March 24, 2014 11:11 PM EST
Even as the whereabouts of Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 looms in mystery for over two weeks now, another flight by the same airliner had to make an emergency landing in Hong Kong early on Monday, after its main electrical generator stopped working, officials have said.
Malaysia Airlines MH066 had to make an emergency landing in Hong Kong after it suffered an electrical failure, 16 days after flight MH370 disappeared.
The plane, Airbus A330-300, landed in Hong Kong safely at around 3am local time, and the 271 passengers onboard have been transferred to flights of other airlines, the Malaysia Airlines said.
The Malaysia Airlines flight MH066, travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Seoul, had to make the sudden diversion due to "an inoperative aircraft generator, which supplies normal electrical power," the company stated.
"Electrical power continued to be supplied by the auxiliary power unit," the company statement added. "The aircraft was then diverted to Hong Kong for rectification and landed uneventfully."
The incident comes 16 days after the still unexplained and mysterious disappearance of the much-debated Flight MH370, which was en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.
The search for the flight is still ongoing, with the latest sightings of some floating objects in the southern Indian Ocean, taken as a credible leads. This also comes after a series of satellite images from Australia, China and France spotted some possible wreckage of the missing plane in the Indian Ocean.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Baby Corpses Found in Storage Locker in Canada
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop