Another Malaysia Airlines Tragedy Averted? MH066 Flight Makes Emergency Landing in Hong Kong after Electrical Failure
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | March 24, 2014 11:11 PM EST
Even as the whereabouts of Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 looms in mystery for over two weeks now, another flight by the same airliner had to make an emergency landing in Hong Kong early on Monday, after its main electrical generator stopped working, officials have said.
Malaysia Airlines MH066 had to make an emergency landing in Hong Kong after it suffered an electrical failure, 16 days after flight MH370 disappeared.
The plane, Airbus A330-300, landed in Hong Kong safely at around 3am local time, and the 271 passengers onboard have been transferred to flights of other airlines, the Malaysia Airlines said.
The Malaysia Airlines flight MH066, travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Seoul, had to make the sudden diversion due to "an inoperative aircraft generator, which supplies normal electrical power," the company stated.
"Electrical power continued to be supplied by the auxiliary power unit," the company statement added. "The aircraft was then diverted to Hong Kong for rectification and landed uneventfully."
The incident comes 16 days after the still unexplained and mysterious disappearance of the much-debated Flight MH370, which was en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.
The search for the flight is still ongoing, with the latest sightings of some floating objects in the southern Indian Ocean, taken as a credible leads. This also comes after a series of satellite images from Australia, China and France spotted some possible wreckage of the missing plane in the Indian Ocean.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 15 Orgasms/Week, $27K/Yr Salary Not Bad for Professional Toy Tester Cara Houiellebecq (VIDEO)
- Thai’s Crackdown on Commercial Surrogacy Exposes Aussie Couple’s Appalling Deed
- 2014 Perseid Meteor Shower vs. Supermoon: Best to View Meteor Shower Display before August 12 to 13 Peak
- Australian Wanted Man Threatens Terror in Australia, Demands Release of Muslim Prisoners
- U.S. Woman Wins $66 Million in Lottery
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install
- Update Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- LG G3 To Debut Moon Violet and Burgundy Red Shades in August; Upcoming LG Devices Roundup