Fiat 500 Abarth May Come in October; Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | March 24, 2014 9:56 PM EST
Fiat India is reportedly getting ready to launch its much awaited 500 Abarth in the domestic market during the festive season of this year, claims a new report.
A model takes a rest as she sits in the trunk of a Fiat 500 by Italian tuner Abarth at the exhibition booth during the International Motor Show
First showcased at the Delhi Auto Expo, Fiat 500 Abarth is likely to make its debut in the domestic market around October or November, reported Zigwheels, citing sources close to the development.
Fiat 500 Abarth, the first Abarth branded car in India, will come with 1.4-litre, turbocharged, 4-cylinder petrol engine under the hood which can churn out either 137PS or 163PS.
Abarth 500, a performance-oriented car is expected to flaunt features like 11-inch alloy wheels, 7 airbags, ABS, EBD (Electronic Brake Distribution), HBA (Hydraulic Brake Assistance), parking sensors, fog lights and hifi music system. Although the company is yet to reveal the pricing of the Abarth 500, report suggests that the car would fall in the price brackets of ₹22-24 lakh.
The company is also expected to launch Punto-based Avventura and 2014 Punto Facelift in India in the coming months. The new updated diesel version of the new Punto Facelift will pack the same 1.3 liter Multijet diesel engine, which can churn out a power of 75bhp and a torque of 197Nm.
The petrol model of the Punto facelift will draw its power from 1.2 and 1.4 litre engine, which can generate a power of 68bhp-96Nm and 90bhp-115Nm respectively. The car, which has been spied testing in India numerous times, is likely to pack tweaks in its 16-inch alloys, rear parking sensor, cruise control, auto headlamps and dashboard.
Recently Fiat launched Linea facelift in India with a price starting at ₹6.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).The petrol model packs 114PS 1.4 liter turbochaged T-jet engine under the hood, and the diesel model comes with 1.3-litre Multijet diesel motor, which can churn out a power of 93PS and a torque of 209 NM. Both engines are mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc Shifting to 'Lifestyle Brand' Under Tim Cook; Samsung Losing Smartphone Numbers War
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff