Fiat 500 Abarth May Come in October; Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | March 24, 2014 9:56 PM EST
Fiat India is reportedly getting ready to launch its much awaited 500 Abarth in the domestic market during the festive season of this year, claims a new report.
A model takes a rest as she sits in the trunk of a Fiat 500 by Italian tuner Abarth at the exhibition booth during the International Motor Show
First showcased at the Delhi Auto Expo, Fiat 500 Abarth is likely to make its debut in the domestic market around October or November, reported Zigwheels, citing sources close to the development.
Fiat 500 Abarth, the first Abarth branded car in India, will come with 1.4-litre, turbocharged, 4-cylinder petrol engine under the hood which can churn out either 137PS or 163PS.
Abarth 500, a performance-oriented car is expected to flaunt features like 11-inch alloy wheels, 7 airbags, ABS, EBD (Electronic Brake Distribution), HBA (Hydraulic Brake Assistance), parking sensors, fog lights and hifi music system. Although the company is yet to reveal the pricing of the Abarth 500, report suggests that the car would fall in the price brackets of ₹22-24 lakh.
The company is also expected to launch Punto-based Avventura and 2014 Punto Facelift in India in the coming months. The new updated diesel version of the new Punto Facelift will pack the same 1.3 liter Multijet diesel engine, which can churn out a power of 75bhp and a torque of 197Nm.
The petrol model of the Punto facelift will draw its power from 1.2 and 1.4 litre engine, which can generate a power of 68bhp-96Nm and 90bhp-115Nm respectively. The car, which has been spied testing in India numerous times, is likely to pack tweaks in its 16-inch alloys, rear parking sensor, cruise control, auto headlamps and dashboard.
Recently Fiat launched Linea facelift in India with a price starting at ₹6.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).The petrol model packs 114PS 1.4 liter turbochaged T-jet engine under the hood, and the diesel model comes with 1.3-litre Multijet diesel motor, which can churn out a power of 93PS and a torque of 209 NM. Both engines are mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia