Fiat 500 Abarth May Come in October; Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | March 24, 2014 9:56 PM EST
Fiat India is reportedly getting ready to launch its much awaited 500 Abarth in the domestic market during the festive season of this year, claims a new report.
A model takes a rest as she sits in the trunk of a Fiat 500 by Italian tuner Abarth at the exhibition booth during the International Motor Show
First showcased at the Delhi Auto Expo, Fiat 500 Abarth is likely to make its debut in the domestic market around October or November, reported Zigwheels, citing sources close to the development.
Fiat 500 Abarth, the first Abarth branded car in India, will come with 1.4-litre, turbocharged, 4-cylinder petrol engine under the hood which can churn out either 137PS or 163PS.
Abarth 500, a performance-oriented car is expected to flaunt features like 11-inch alloy wheels, 7 airbags, ABS, EBD (Electronic Brake Distribution), HBA (Hydraulic Brake Assistance), parking sensors, fog lights and hifi music system. Although the company is yet to reveal the pricing of the Abarth 500, report suggests that the car would fall in the price brackets of ₹22-24 lakh.
The company is also expected to launch Punto-based Avventura and 2014 Punto Facelift in India in the coming months. The new updated diesel version of the new Punto Facelift will pack the same 1.3 liter Multijet diesel engine, which can churn out a power of 75bhp and a torque of 197Nm.
The petrol model of the Punto facelift will draw its power from 1.2 and 1.4 litre engine, which can generate a power of 68bhp-96Nm and 90bhp-115Nm respectively. The car, which has been spied testing in India numerous times, is likely to pack tweaks in its 16-inch alloys, rear parking sensor, cruise control, auto headlamps and dashboard.
Recently Fiat launched Linea facelift in India with a price starting at ₹6.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).The petrol model packs 114PS 1.4 liter turbochaged T-jet engine under the hood, and the diesel model comes with 1.3-litre Multijet diesel motor, which can churn out a power of 93PS and a torque of 209 NM. Both engines are mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales