Yamaha R25 Rendered; Launch on 25 March?
By greeshma m | March 24, 2014 9:46 PM EST
Yamaha R25 launch is just around the corner. The company which released a teaser video last week hinted that the next launch could be the much awaited R25.
Yamaha Motor's concept 250cc motorcycle R25 is displayed at the 43rd Tokyo Motor Show in Tokyo
The two-wheeler enthusiasts around the world have been waiting impatiently to get the first look of the Yamaha R25 since the unveiling of the R25 concept at the 2013 Tokyo Motor show. The finer details of the bike is yet to be known to the public, however now the good folks at MotoBlast have envisioned the Yamaha R25 look based on the blueprint of the bike shown in the teaser video of the company.
Yamaha R25, a bike which is believed to be based on 'YZR - M1' will come with new 250cc in-line two-cylinder, liquid-cooled, fuel-injected engine under the hood and will come mated to 6 speed manual transmission. The bike will come with light-weight chassis.The countdown clock on the company website suggested that bike will make its global debut on 25 March.
Previous reports had suggested that Yamaha will launch R25 in the Indian market also. Although nothing concrete has been said about it by the company, rumours are rife that India bound version of R25 is likely to come powered by single cylinder 250cc motor, which would make the bike affordable for the Indian two-wheeler aficionados. When launched, the Yamaha R25 may take on the likes of Hyosung GT250R Kawasaki Ninja 250 Mono and Honda CBR250R in India.
Currently, Yamaha's Indian portfolio includes Fazer, FZ-S, FZ, SZ-X, SZ-R, SZ-RR, YZF-R15 V 2.0, SS125, YBR 125, YBR 110, Crux, Ray, Ray Z and Alpha Scooters. Earlier last week, Yamaha India introduced new colour variants of its much acclaimed flagship sports motorcycle R15 version 2.0. The bike is now available in India in four shades which include red, invincible black, blue and grid gold. While the red and invincible black comes at a price point of ₹110,003 (ex-showroom Delhi), the racing blue and grid gold is priced at ₹112,924 (ex-showroom Delhi).
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc Shifting to 'Lifestyle Brand' Under Tim Cook; Samsung Losing Smartphone Numbers War
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools