'The Bachelor' Season 18: Juan Pablo Galavis, Nikki Ferrell Getting Married?
By Keerthi Mohan | March 24, 2014 9:26 PM EST
"The Bachelor" stars Juan Pablo Galavis and Nikki Ferrell sparked rumors that their relationship was in trouble when photographs of them with a couple of marriage counselors went online. But it has now emerged that Galavis and Ferrell met with WE TV's “Marriage Boot Camp” counseling duo Jim and Elizabeth Carroll because they are planning to get hitched.
Juan Pablo and Nikki
"I think they have marriage on their minds, but I think what Juan did was a really, I mean it wasn’t a very romantic fairytale ending, but I think what he did was very wise in the fact that he said you know, 'I want to go through conflicts with this girl. I want to do some problem solving, I want to see basically what the ugly side is before I jump out there and tell somebody I love them and just get married,'" Jim revealed to Us Weekly.
Meanwhile, Carroll noted that Galavis is not the commitment phobic he is portrayed to be, but someone who takes relationship seriously. This explains why he did not get engaged on the show, she noted.
Rumors suggesting that Galavis was not serious about his relationship with Ferrell started doing the rounds immediately after he refused to answer “The Bachelor” host Chris Harrison’s questions regarding his feelings for Ferrell.
He also refused to get engaged to the pediatric nurse on the dating reality show, saying that he wanted to know her better before committing to a relationship.
Recently, when photographs of the duo indulging in public display of affection while attending a friend’s wedding at the Dominican Republic went viral, fans of the couple took that as an indication of Galavis' growing affection for Ferrell . But insiders said the romance was staged purely to portray him in positive light.
“They sold an exclusive set of photos of their vacation and are splitting the profits,” a source told In Touch. “It was their idea. He’s already done two set-up photo shoots with Nikki and is looking to book more. He knows he has to move now while people are still talking about him. For Juan Pablo, Nikki is just a prop.”
Ferrell’s family, too, admitted that their relationship isn’t serious, and raised doubts on if they would ever get married.
“We knew a lot of it was just for the cameras,” Ferrell’s sister-in-law’s father, Donald Kendall, told In Touch. “I’m not really sure if they will ever get married.”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report