'The Bachelor' Season 18: Juan Pablo Galavis, Nikki Ferrell Getting Married?
By Keerthi Mohan | March 24, 2014 9:26 PM EST
"The Bachelor" stars Juan Pablo Galavis and Nikki Ferrell sparked rumors that their relationship was in trouble when photographs of them with a couple of marriage counselors went online. But it has now emerged that Galavis and Ferrell met with WE TV's “Marriage Boot Camp” counseling duo Jim and Elizabeth Carroll because they are planning to get hitched.
Juan Pablo and Nikki
"I think they have marriage on their minds, but I think what Juan did was a really, I mean it wasn’t a very romantic fairytale ending, but I think what he did was very wise in the fact that he said you know, 'I want to go through conflicts with this girl. I want to do some problem solving, I want to see basically what the ugly side is before I jump out there and tell somebody I love them and just get married,'" Jim revealed to Us Weekly.
Meanwhile, Carroll noted that Galavis is not the commitment phobic he is portrayed to be, but someone who takes relationship seriously. This explains why he did not get engaged on the show, she noted.
Rumors suggesting that Galavis was not serious about his relationship with Ferrell started doing the rounds immediately after he refused to answer “The Bachelor” host Chris Harrison’s questions regarding his feelings for Ferrell.
He also refused to get engaged to the pediatric nurse on the dating reality show, saying that he wanted to know her better before committing to a relationship.
Recently, when photographs of the duo indulging in public display of affection while attending a friend’s wedding at the Dominican Republic went viral, fans of the couple took that as an indication of Galavis' growing affection for Ferrell . But insiders said the romance was staged purely to portray him in positive light.
“They sold an exclusive set of photos of their vacation and are splitting the profits,” a source told In Touch. “It was their idea. He’s already done two set-up photo shoots with Nikki and is looking to book more. He knows he has to move now while people are still talking about him. For Juan Pablo, Nikki is just a prop.”
Ferrell’s family, too, admitted that their relationship isn’t serious, and raised doubts on if they would ever get married.
“We knew a lot of it was just for the cameras,” Ferrell’s sister-in-law’s father, Donald Kendall, told In Touch. “I’m not really sure if they will ever get married.”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2