‘White Collar’ Season 6 Confirmed, Truncated Season Likely the Final Season
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 24, 2014 8:04 PM EST
USA Network has finally made its decision. It has renewed "White Collar" for Season 6, which will consist of just six episodes. It will be the final season for the much loved characters of Neal Caffrey and Peter Burke and their bromance.
Confirming the news, Ted Linhart of USA Network tweeted on March 22, 2014: "OFFICIAL NEWS: 2 new dramas picked up including new @MattNixTV series. WHITE COLLAR renewed (yes for six episodes)."
USA Network has picked up two new medical dramas, "Rush" and "Complications." "We are excited to usher in the next generation of USA dramas, alongside our signature returning originals that continue to attract a large and loyal fan base," said Chris McCumber, prexy of USA Network, in a statement, as quoted by Variety. "This year USA will be showcasing more hours of original programming than ever before, including an unprecedented six new series and six returning shows."
Deadline.com reports that USA Network and Fox TV Studios, the producer of "White Collar," are currently finalising the deal. The report indicates that Season 6 is a compromise solution to give "White Collar" a proper closure. The cable network was considering a movie or a mini-series to wrap-up the popular series, while the producer was seeking a full season send-off.
"White Collar" has a huge loyal fan base, and according to Deadline, the ratings were "solid" in January. The "economics," however, has become a problem, as the network, "at this point in the run of a series," bears the complete production cost. The popular star-cast and the extensive location shootings in New York have made "White Collar" a highly expensive show, Deadline reports.
Something is better than nothing, especially when "White Collar" Season 5 ended on a cliff-hanger. In Season 5 finale, Neal was abducted by an unknown man. USA Network, for sure, would have faced the wrath of millions upon millions of fans if it would have pulled the plug on "White Collar," without resolving the abduction mystery. Also, Neal and Peter's bromance needs a proper closure.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown