‘White Collar’ Season 6 Confirmed, Truncated Season Likely the Final Season
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 24, 2014 8:04 PM EST
USA Network has finally made its decision. It has renewed "White Collar" for Season 6, which will consist of just six episodes. It will be the final season for the much loved characters of Neal Caffrey and Peter Burke and their bromance.
Confirming the news, Ted Linhart of USA Network tweeted on March 22, 2014: "OFFICIAL NEWS: 2 new dramas picked up including new @MattNixTV series. WHITE COLLAR renewed (yes for six episodes)."
USA Network has picked up two new medical dramas, "Rush" and "Complications." "We are excited to usher in the next generation of USA dramas, alongside our signature returning originals that continue to attract a large and loyal fan base," said Chris McCumber, prexy of USA Network, in a statement, as quoted by Variety. "This year USA will be showcasing more hours of original programming than ever before, including an unprecedented six new series and six returning shows."
Deadline.com reports that USA Network and Fox TV Studios, the producer of "White Collar," are currently finalising the deal. The report indicates that Season 6 is a compromise solution to give "White Collar" a proper closure. The cable network was considering a movie or a mini-series to wrap-up the popular series, while the producer was seeking a full season send-off.
"White Collar" has a huge loyal fan base, and according to Deadline, the ratings were "solid" in January. The "economics," however, has become a problem, as the network, "at this point in the run of a series," bears the complete production cost. The popular star-cast and the extensive location shootings in New York have made "White Collar" a highly expensive show, Deadline reports.
Something is better than nothing, especially when "White Collar" Season 5 ended on a cliff-hanger. In Season 5 finale, Neal was abducted by an unknown man. USA Network, for sure, would have faced the wrath of millions upon millions of fans if it would have pulled the plug on "White Collar," without resolving the abduction mystery. Also, Neal and Peter's bromance needs a proper closure.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Spoilers: Calzona Still on Shaky Ground, April's Baby Bump Gets Real, Karev vs Bailey Anticipated
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install