‘White Collar’ Season 6 Confirmed, Truncated Season Likely the Final Season
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 24, 2014 8:04 PM EST
USA Network has finally made its decision. It has renewed "White Collar" for Season 6, which will consist of just six episodes. It will be the final season for the much loved characters of Neal Caffrey and Peter Burke and their bromance.
Confirming the news, Ted Linhart of USA Network tweeted on March 22, 2014: "OFFICIAL NEWS: 2 new dramas picked up including new @MattNixTV series. WHITE COLLAR renewed (yes for six episodes)."
USA Network has picked up two new medical dramas, "Rush" and "Complications." "We are excited to usher in the next generation of USA dramas, alongside our signature returning originals that continue to attract a large and loyal fan base," said Chris McCumber, prexy of USA Network, in a statement, as quoted by Variety. "This year USA will be showcasing more hours of original programming than ever before, including an unprecedented six new series and six returning shows."
Deadline.com reports that USA Network and Fox TV Studios, the producer of "White Collar," are currently finalising the deal. The report indicates that Season 6 is a compromise solution to give "White Collar" a proper closure. The cable network was considering a movie or a mini-series to wrap-up the popular series, while the producer was seeking a full season send-off.
"White Collar" has a huge loyal fan base, and according to Deadline, the ratings were "solid" in January. The "economics," however, has become a problem, as the network, "at this point in the run of a series," bears the complete production cost. The popular star-cast and the extensive location shootings in New York have made "White Collar" a highly expensive show, Deadline reports.
Something is better than nothing, especially when "White Collar" Season 5 ended on a cliff-hanger. In Season 5 finale, Neal was abducted by an unknown man. USA Network, for sure, would have faced the wrath of millions upon millions of fans if it would have pulled the plug on "White Collar," without resolving the abduction mystery. Also, Neal and Peter's bromance needs a proper closure.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop