‘White Collar’ Season 6 Confirmed, Truncated Season Likely the Final Season
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 24, 2014 8:04 PM EST
USA Network has finally made its decision. It has renewed "White Collar" for Season 6, which will consist of just six episodes. It will be the final season for the much loved characters of Neal Caffrey and Peter Burke and their bromance.
Confirming the news, Ted Linhart of USA Network tweeted on March 22, 2014: "OFFICIAL NEWS: 2 new dramas picked up including new @MattNixTV series. WHITE COLLAR renewed (yes for six episodes)."
USA Network has picked up two new medical dramas, "Rush" and "Complications." "We are excited to usher in the next generation of USA dramas, alongside our signature returning originals that continue to attract a large and loyal fan base," said Chris McCumber, prexy of USA Network, in a statement, as quoted by Variety. "This year USA will be showcasing more hours of original programming than ever before, including an unprecedented six new series and six returning shows."
Deadline.com reports that USA Network and Fox TV Studios, the producer of "White Collar," are currently finalising the deal. The report indicates that Season 6 is a compromise solution to give "White Collar" a proper closure. The cable network was considering a movie or a mini-series to wrap-up the popular series, while the producer was seeking a full season send-off.
"White Collar" has a huge loyal fan base, and according to Deadline, the ratings were "solid" in January. The "economics," however, has become a problem, as the network, "at this point in the run of a series," bears the complete production cost. The popular star-cast and the extensive location shootings in New York have made "White Collar" a highly expensive show, Deadline reports.
Something is better than nothing, especially when "White Collar" Season 5 ended on a cliff-hanger. In Season 5 finale, Neal was abducted by an unknown man. USA Network, for sure, would have faced the wrath of millions upon millions of fans if it would have pulled the plug on "White Collar," without resolving the abduction mystery. Also, Neal and Peter's bromance needs a proper closure.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date