‘White Collar’ Season 6 Confirmed, Truncated Season Likely the Final Season
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 24, 2014 8:04 PM EST
USA Network has finally made its decision. It has renewed "White Collar" for Season 6, which will consist of just six episodes. It will be the final season for the much loved characters of Neal Caffrey and Peter Burke and their bromance.
Confirming the news, Ted Linhart of USA Network tweeted on March 22, 2014: "OFFICIAL NEWS: 2 new dramas picked up including new @MattNixTV series. WHITE COLLAR renewed (yes for six episodes)."
USA Network has picked up two new medical dramas, "Rush" and "Complications." "We are excited to usher in the next generation of USA dramas, alongside our signature returning originals that continue to attract a large and loyal fan base," said Chris McCumber, prexy of USA Network, in a statement, as quoted by Variety. "This year USA will be showcasing more hours of original programming than ever before, including an unprecedented six new series and six returning shows."
Deadline.com reports that USA Network and Fox TV Studios, the producer of "White Collar," are currently finalising the deal. The report indicates that Season 6 is a compromise solution to give "White Collar" a proper closure. The cable network was considering a movie or a mini-series to wrap-up the popular series, while the producer was seeking a full season send-off.
"White Collar" has a huge loyal fan base, and according to Deadline, the ratings were "solid" in January. The "economics," however, has become a problem, as the network, "at this point in the run of a series," bears the complete production cost. The popular star-cast and the extensive location shootings in New York have made "White Collar" a highly expensive show, Deadline reports.
Something is better than nothing, especially when "White Collar" Season 5 ended on a cliff-hanger. In Season 5 finale, Neal was abducted by an unknown man. USA Network, for sure, would have faced the wrath of millions upon millions of fans if it would have pulled the plug on "White Collar," without resolving the abduction mystery. Also, Neal and Peter's bromance needs a proper closure.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Fast and Furious’ 7 New Car Revealed To Be a Humvee
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0