Tata Zest and Bolt Get Exclusive Websites; Launch Awaited
By greeshma m | March 24, 2014 7:52 PM EST
Tata Motors launched exclusive websites for the company's upcoming sedan Zest and premium hatchback Bolt.
Unveiled at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014, Zest and Bolt are expected to make their official debut in the domestic market in the coming months. The Zest and Bolt websites give out information and images of the cars, by connecting through social media accounts like Facebook/Twitter. However, there are no details yet about the launch and availability of the vehicle in India.
Tata Motors shows off their first new car in four years
Zest, the first sedan in India with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT), will be offered in both petrol and diesel variants. The petrol version of the Zest will be powered by a 1.2 litre, four-cylinder, turbocharged Revotron engine under the hood, which can churn out a power of 85 PS at 5000 RPM and a peak torque of 140Nm 1750-3000 RPM. The diesel model will come with a 1.3 litre Quadrajet motor, which can generate 90 PS power at 4000 RPM and 200Nm torque at 1750-3000 RPM.
Bolt, on the other hand, will also pack the same 1.2 litre, four-cylinder, turbocharged Revotron engine and the 1.3 litre diesel engine, and will churn out the same power and torque. Bolt was spied testing in India recently. It is speculated to come with a new audio system that features MapMyIndia GPS, touchscreen and voice commands, center console, infotainment system, electric power steering in place of the Vista's hydraulic unit, projector headlamps and LED tail lamps.
With the launch of exclusive websites for Zest and Bolt, Tata hints at its aggressive strategy for its upcoming vehicles.
Recently, Tata launched Aria Facelift MPV in the domestic market, with prices starting at ₹9.95 lakh. Aria facelift is offered in three variants in the domestic market - Pure 4x2, Pleasure 4x2 and Pride 4x4. The car offers features like front, side and curtain airbags, ABS, EBD, TCS, ESP, automatic climate control, automatic headlights and wipers, cruise control, a 360 Watts JBL-Harman sound system with 10 speakers, 17-inch alloy wheels, and Navteq navigation system.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions