Tata Zest and Bolt Get Exclusive Websites; Launch Awaited
By greeshma m | March 24, 2014 7:52 PM EST
Tata Motors launched exclusive websites for the company's upcoming sedan Zest and premium hatchback Bolt.
Unveiled at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014, Zest and Bolt are expected to make their official debut in the domestic market in the coming months. The Zest and Bolt websites give out information and images of the cars, by connecting through social media accounts like Facebook/Twitter. However, there are no details yet about the launch and availability of the vehicle in India.
Tata Motors shows off their first new car in four years
Zest, the first sedan in India with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT), will be offered in both petrol and diesel variants. The petrol version of the Zest will be powered by a 1.2 litre, four-cylinder, turbocharged Revotron engine under the hood, which can churn out a power of 85 PS at 5000 RPM and a peak torque of 140Nm 1750-3000 RPM. The diesel model will come with a 1.3 litre Quadrajet motor, which can generate 90 PS power at 4000 RPM and 200Nm torque at 1750-3000 RPM.
Bolt, on the other hand, will also pack the same 1.2 litre, four-cylinder, turbocharged Revotron engine and the 1.3 litre diesel engine, and will churn out the same power and torque. Bolt was spied testing in India recently. It is speculated to come with a new audio system that features MapMyIndia GPS, touchscreen and voice commands, center console, infotainment system, electric power steering in place of the Vista's hydraulic unit, projector headlamps and LED tail lamps.
With the launch of exclusive websites for Zest and Bolt, Tata hints at its aggressive strategy for its upcoming vehicles.
Recently, Tata launched Aria Facelift MPV in the domestic market, with prices starting at ₹9.95 lakh. Aria facelift is offered in three variants in the domestic market - Pure 4x2, Pleasure 4x2 and Pride 4x4. The car offers features like front, side and curtain airbags, ABS, EBD, TCS, ESP, automatic climate control, automatic headlights and wipers, cruise control, a 360 Watts JBL-Harman sound system with 10 speakers, 17-inch alloy wheels, and Navteq navigation system.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Hungry Jack’s Joins McDonald’s Australia Monopoly Campaign With McOpoly Promo
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Surge Expected Soon as Analysts Predict iPhone Opening Weekend Sales
- Furore Over Facebook Mark Zuckerberg $10m Fortress In San Francisco
- Alibaba Sells Extra Shares; IPO Raises $25B, Breaks Global Record
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4