Tata Zest and Bolt Get Exclusive Websites; Launch Awaited
By greeshma m | March 24, 2014 7:52 PM EST
Tata Motors launched exclusive websites for the company's upcoming sedan Zest and premium hatchback Bolt.
Unveiled at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014, Zest and Bolt are expected to make their official debut in the domestic market in the coming months. The Zest and Bolt websites give out information and images of the cars, by connecting through social media accounts like Facebook/Twitter. However, there are no details yet about the launch and availability of the vehicle in India.
Tata Motors shows off their first new car in four years
Zest, the first sedan in India with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT), will be offered in both petrol and diesel variants. The petrol version of the Zest will be powered by a 1.2 litre, four-cylinder, turbocharged Revotron engine under the hood, which can churn out a power of 85 PS at 5000 RPM and a peak torque of 140Nm 1750-3000 RPM. The diesel model will come with a 1.3 litre Quadrajet motor, which can generate 90 PS power at 4000 RPM and 200Nm torque at 1750-3000 RPM.
Bolt, on the other hand, will also pack the same 1.2 litre, four-cylinder, turbocharged Revotron engine and the 1.3 litre diesel engine, and will churn out the same power and torque. Bolt was spied testing in India recently. It is speculated to come with a new audio system that features MapMyIndia GPS, touchscreen and voice commands, center console, infotainment system, electric power steering in place of the Vista's hydraulic unit, projector headlamps and LED tail lamps.
With the launch of exclusive websites for Zest and Bolt, Tata hints at its aggressive strategy for its upcoming vehicles.
Recently, Tata launched Aria Facelift MPV in the domestic market, with prices starting at ₹9.95 lakh. Aria facelift is offered in three variants in the domestic market - Pure 4x2, Pleasure 4x2 and Pride 4x4. The car offers features like front, side and curtain airbags, ABS, EBD, TCS, ESP, automatic climate control, automatic headlights and wipers, cruise control, a 360 Watts JBL-Harman sound system with 10 speakers, 17-inch alloy wheels, and Navteq navigation system.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones