'Fast and Furious 7' Movie Update: Team to Use Body Doubles, CGI to Shoot Paul Walker Scenes, Is Cody Walker Out?
By nidhi tewari | March 24, 2014 7:44 PM EST
The latest buzz surrounding Paul Walker's unfinished movie "Fast and Furious 7" movie is that the movie will be finished using body doubles, CGI and voice effects, it has been revealed. Does this mean that Paul Walker's younger brother Cody Walker will be out and have no role to perform in the seventh instalment of the "Fast and Furious" series.
Fans gather near a makeshift shrine at an unofficial memorial event for "Fast and Furious" star Paul Walker in Santa Clarita, California December 8, 2013. REUTERS
"They have hired four actors with bodies very similar to Paul's physique and they will be used for movement and as a base," an unnamed source told nydailynews.com.
"Paul's face and voice will be used on top using CGI," the source added.
In December, it was revealed that Paul's brother Cody Walker was chosen to fill in for Paul but now it looks like that he might be out since the production team is using body doubles. The movie's production team went on a long break after Walker's passing but now the shooting is resumed. The cast and crew are shooting a few scenes along the streets of downtown Atlanta, the Web site revealed.
"Continuing the global exploits in the franchise built on speed, Vin Diesel and Paul Walker lead the returning cast of 'Fast & Furious 7,' which will be released by Universal Pictures on April 10, 2015," the studio had said in a statement in December, according to the Web site. "James Wan directs this chapter of the hugely successful series, and Neal H. Moritz and Vin Diesel return as producers."
The movie stars Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Dwayne Johnson, with newcomers Jason Statham, Kurt Russell and Djimon Hounsou. "Fast and Furious 7" hit theatres on April 10, 2015.
Paul Walker died in a fiery car crash November 2013 and his untimely and sudden death had left the movie's fate in jeopardy. The 40 year-old died in a Porsche driven by his friend and partner Roger Rodas, who too did not survive the car crash. Paul was attending an event in Valencia, California for his charity organization Reach Out Worldwide when he and Rodas decided to take a ride in the fatal car, which got burned and crashed completely within minutes.
Whether the unit decides to use body doubles or CGI or ever hire Cody Walker to do his part the fact remains that no one can actually take place of Paul Walker himself. "Fast and Furious 7" will never be the same without the real Paul Walker.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet