'Fast and Furious 7' Movie Update: Team to Use Body Doubles, CGI to Shoot Paul Walker Scenes, Is Cody Walker Out?
By nidhi tewari | March 24, 2014 7:44 PM EST
The latest buzz surrounding Paul Walker's unfinished movie "Fast and Furious 7" movie is that the movie will be finished using body doubles, CGI and voice effects, it has been revealed. Does this mean that Paul Walker's younger brother Cody Walker will be out and have no role to perform in the seventh instalment of the "Fast and Furious" series.
Fans gather near a makeshift shrine at an unofficial memorial event for "Fast and Furious" star Paul Walker in Santa Clarita, California December 8, 2013. REUTERS
"They have hired four actors with bodies very similar to Paul's physique and they will be used for movement and as a base," an unnamed source told nydailynews.com.
"Paul's face and voice will be used on top using CGI," the source added.
In December, it was revealed that Paul's brother Cody Walker was chosen to fill in for Paul but now it looks like that he might be out since the production team is using body doubles. The movie's production team went on a long break after Walker's passing but now the shooting is resumed. The cast and crew are shooting a few scenes along the streets of downtown Atlanta, the Web site revealed.
"Continuing the global exploits in the franchise built on speed, Vin Diesel and Paul Walker lead the returning cast of 'Fast & Furious 7,' which will be released by Universal Pictures on April 10, 2015," the studio had said in a statement in December, according to the Web site. "James Wan directs this chapter of the hugely successful series, and Neal H. Moritz and Vin Diesel return as producers."
The movie stars Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Dwayne Johnson, with newcomers Jason Statham, Kurt Russell and Djimon Hounsou. "Fast and Furious 7" hit theatres on April 10, 2015.
Paul Walker died in a fiery car crash November 2013 and his untimely and sudden death had left the movie's fate in jeopardy. The 40 year-old died in a Porsche driven by his friend and partner Roger Rodas, who too did not survive the car crash. Paul was attending an event in Valencia, California for his charity organization Reach Out Worldwide when he and Rodas decided to take a ride in the fatal car, which got burned and crashed completely within minutes.
Whether the unit decides to use body doubles or CGI or ever hire Cody Walker to do his part the fact remains that no one can actually take place of Paul Walker himself. "Fast and Furious 7" will never be the same without the real Paul Walker.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People