'Fast and Furious 7' Movie Update: Team to Use Body Doubles, CGI to Shoot Paul Walker Scenes, Is Cody Walker Out?
By nidhi tewari | March 24, 2014 7:44 PM EST
The latest buzz surrounding Paul Walker's unfinished movie "Fast and Furious 7" movie is that the movie will be finished using body doubles, CGI and voice effects, it has been revealed. Does this mean that Paul Walker's younger brother Cody Walker will be out and have no role to perform in the seventh instalment of the "Fast and Furious" series.
Fans gather near a makeshift shrine at an unofficial memorial event for "Fast and Furious" star Paul Walker in Santa Clarita, California December 8, 2013. REUTERS
"They have hired four actors with bodies very similar to Paul's physique and they will be used for movement and as a base," an unnamed source told nydailynews.com.
"Paul's face and voice will be used on top using CGI," the source added.
In December, it was revealed that Paul's brother Cody Walker was chosen to fill in for Paul but now it looks like that he might be out since the production team is using body doubles. The movie's production team went on a long break after Walker's passing but now the shooting is resumed. The cast and crew are shooting a few scenes along the streets of downtown Atlanta, the Web site revealed.
"Continuing the global exploits in the franchise built on speed, Vin Diesel and Paul Walker lead the returning cast of 'Fast & Furious 7,' which will be released by Universal Pictures on April 10, 2015," the studio had said in a statement in December, according to the Web site. "James Wan directs this chapter of the hugely successful series, and Neal H. Moritz and Vin Diesel return as producers."
The movie stars Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Dwayne Johnson, with newcomers Jason Statham, Kurt Russell and Djimon Hounsou. "Fast and Furious 7" hit theatres on April 10, 2015.
Paul Walker died in a fiery car crash November 2013 and his untimely and sudden death had left the movie's fate in jeopardy. The 40 year-old died in a Porsche driven by his friend and partner Roger Rodas, who too did not survive the car crash. Paul was attending an event in Valencia, California for his charity organization Reach Out Worldwide when he and Rodas decided to take a ride in the fatal car, which got burned and crashed completely within minutes.
Whether the unit decides to use body doubles or CGI or ever hire Cody Walker to do his part the fact remains that no one can actually take place of Paul Walker himself. "Fast and Furious 7" will never be the same without the real Paul Walker.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’