'Fast and Furious 7' Movie Update: Team to Use Body Doubles, CGI to Shoot Paul Walker Scenes, Is Cody Walker Out?
By nidhi tewari | March 24, 2014 7:44 PM EST
The latest buzz surrounding Paul Walker's unfinished movie "Fast and Furious 7" movie is that the movie will be finished using body doubles, CGI and voice effects, it has been revealed. Does this mean that Paul Walker's younger brother Cody Walker will be out and have no role to perform in the seventh instalment of the "Fast and Furious" series.
Fans gather near a makeshift shrine at an unofficial memorial event for "Fast and Furious" star Paul Walker in Santa Clarita, California December 8, 2013. REUTERS
"They have hired four actors with bodies very similar to Paul's physique and they will be used for movement and as a base," an unnamed source told nydailynews.com.
"Paul's face and voice will be used on top using CGI," the source added.
In December, it was revealed that Paul's brother Cody Walker was chosen to fill in for Paul but now it looks like that he might be out since the production team is using body doubles. The movie's production team went on a long break after Walker's passing but now the shooting is resumed. The cast and crew are shooting a few scenes along the streets of downtown Atlanta, the Web site revealed.
"Continuing the global exploits in the franchise built on speed, Vin Diesel and Paul Walker lead the returning cast of 'Fast & Furious 7,' which will be released by Universal Pictures on April 10, 2015," the studio had said in a statement in December, according to the Web site. "James Wan directs this chapter of the hugely successful series, and Neal H. Moritz and Vin Diesel return as producers."
The movie stars Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Dwayne Johnson, with newcomers Jason Statham, Kurt Russell and Djimon Hounsou. "Fast and Furious 7" hit theatres on April 10, 2015.
Paul Walker died in a fiery car crash November 2013 and his untimely and sudden death had left the movie's fate in jeopardy. The 40 year-old died in a Porsche driven by his friend and partner Roger Rodas, who too did not survive the car crash. Paul was attending an event in Valencia, California for his charity organization Reach Out Worldwide when he and Rodas decided to take a ride in the fatal car, which got burned and crashed completely within minutes.
Whether the unit decides to use body doubles or CGI or ever hire Cody Walker to do his part the fact remains that no one can actually take place of Paul Walker himself. "Fast and Furious 7" will never be the same without the real Paul Walker.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed