'Fast and Furious 7' Movie Update: Team to Use Body Doubles, CGI to Shoot Paul Walker Scenes, Is Cody Walker Out?
By nidhi tewari | March 24, 2014 7:44 PM EST
The latest buzz surrounding Paul Walker's unfinished movie "Fast and Furious 7" movie is that the movie will be finished using body doubles, CGI and voice effects, it has been revealed. Does this mean that Paul Walker's younger brother Cody Walker will be out and have no role to perform in the seventh instalment of the "Fast and Furious" series.
Fans gather near a makeshift shrine at an unofficial memorial event for "Fast and Furious" star Paul Walker in Santa Clarita, California December 8, 2013. REUTERS
"They have hired four actors with bodies very similar to Paul's physique and they will be used for movement and as a base," an unnamed source told nydailynews.com.
"Paul's face and voice will be used on top using CGI," the source added.
In December, it was revealed that Paul's brother Cody Walker was chosen to fill in for Paul but now it looks like that he might be out since the production team is using body doubles. The movie's production team went on a long break after Walker's passing but now the shooting is resumed. The cast and crew are shooting a few scenes along the streets of downtown Atlanta, the Web site revealed.
"Continuing the global exploits in the franchise built on speed, Vin Diesel and Paul Walker lead the returning cast of 'Fast & Furious 7,' which will be released by Universal Pictures on April 10, 2015," the studio had said in a statement in December, according to the Web site. "James Wan directs this chapter of the hugely successful series, and Neal H. Moritz and Vin Diesel return as producers."
The movie stars Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Dwayne Johnson, with newcomers Jason Statham, Kurt Russell and Djimon Hounsou. "Fast and Furious 7" hit theatres on April 10, 2015.
Paul Walker died in a fiery car crash November 2013 and his untimely and sudden death had left the movie's fate in jeopardy. The 40 year-old died in a Porsche driven by his friend and partner Roger Rodas, who too did not survive the car crash. Paul was attending an event in Valencia, California for his charity organization Reach Out Worldwide when he and Rodas decided to take a ride in the fatal car, which got burned and crashed completely within minutes.
Whether the unit decides to use body doubles or CGI or ever hire Cody Walker to do his part the fact remains that no one can actually take place of Paul Walker himself. "Fast and Furious 7" will never be the same without the real Paul Walker.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft