Kimmel and DeGeneres Selfie War: Jimmy Kimmel Uses Political Strategy and Poses with the Clintons; Who Will Win?
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 24, 2014 7:23 PM EST
The Kimmel and DeGeneres "selfie" war has began when host Jimmy Kimmel took a selfie shot with the three Clintons - Bill, Hillary and Chelsea - after wrapping up the closing session at the 2014 Meeting of Clinton Global Initiative University at Arizona State University in the U.S. on March 22, 2014.
From L-R: Comedian Jimmy Kimmel, Former U.S. President Bill Clinton, Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Vice Chair of the Clinton Foundation Chelsea Clinton discuss the Clinton Global Initiative University during the closing plenary session on the second day of the 2014 Meeting of Clinton Global Initiative Universityat Arizona State University in Tempe, Arizona March 22, 2014.
Kimmel is believed to have used political strategy for the selfie shot that he shared on Twitter. Will "Jimmy Kimmel Live" host win the selfie war over Ellen DeGeneres most famous selfie shot during the Oscars that has now more than 3 million retweets and almost 2 million favorites or is he just another selfie taker? Not in a long shot, for now, at least.
Kimmel's selfie shot with the Clinton has yet to gain millions to be able to match DeGeneres' Oscars' selfie. Now with over 8 thousand retweets and over 8 thousand favorites, at least, Kimmel can be said to have tried to fight.
There is definitely no Bradley Cooper, no Jennifer Lawrence, no Meryl Streep, no Bradd Pitt, not an inch of Jared Leto's face and absolutely no Lupita Nyongo's brother, but there are the three Clintons: former U.S. President Bill Clinton, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Vice Chair of the Clinton Foundation Chelsea Clinton. Absolutely not star-studded, but politically-wise the Kimmel-Clinton selfie is a winner.
DeGeneres appeared to have to take a second look, because Kimmel's take on selfie brings a definitive twist that is not to be easily dismissed.
Kimmel and the Clintons were given the opportunity to meet at the 2014 Meeting of Clinton Global Initiative University. Kimmel was given the opportunity to interview the former U.S. first family and ask questions like how Bill and Hillary Clinton met. But of course, the real and biggest question was if Hillary Clinton will run for president in 2016.
"I am very much concerned about the direction of our country," former Secretary of U.S. Senate said, according to New York Daily News, in answer to the biggest question. "And it's not just who runs for office but what they do when they get there and how we bring people together and particularly empower young people so we can tackle these hard decisions."
According to E! Online, the said initiative assembled 1,000 student leaders who "develop strategies to try to solve some of their biggest social, economic and environmental concerns."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments