Kimmel and DeGeneres Selfie War: Jimmy Kimmel Uses Political Strategy and Poses with the Clintons; Who Will Win?
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 24, 2014 7:23 PM EST
The Kimmel and DeGeneres "selfie" war has began when host Jimmy Kimmel took a selfie shot with the three Clintons - Bill, Hillary and Chelsea - after wrapping up the closing session at the 2014 Meeting of Clinton Global Initiative University at Arizona State University in the U.S. on March 22, 2014.
From L-R: Comedian Jimmy Kimmel, Former U.S. President Bill Clinton, Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Vice Chair of the Clinton Foundation Chelsea Clinton discuss the Clinton Global Initiative University during the closing plenary session on the second day of the 2014 Meeting of Clinton Global Initiative Universityat Arizona State University in Tempe, Arizona March 22, 2014.
Kimmel is believed to have used political strategy for the selfie shot that he shared on Twitter. Will "Jimmy Kimmel Live" host win the selfie war over Ellen DeGeneres most famous selfie shot during the Oscars that has now more than 3 million retweets and almost 2 million favorites or is he just another selfie taker? Not in a long shot, for now, at least.
Kimmel's selfie shot with the Clinton has yet to gain millions to be able to match DeGeneres' Oscars' selfie. Now with over 8 thousand retweets and over 8 thousand favorites, at least, Kimmel can be said to have tried to fight.
There is definitely no Bradley Cooper, no Jennifer Lawrence, no Meryl Streep, no Bradd Pitt, not an inch of Jared Leto's face and absolutely no Lupita Nyongo's brother, but there are the three Clintons: former U.S. President Bill Clinton, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Vice Chair of the Clinton Foundation Chelsea Clinton. Absolutely not star-studded, but politically-wise the Kimmel-Clinton selfie is a winner.
DeGeneres appeared to have to take a second look, because Kimmel's take on selfie brings a definitive twist that is not to be easily dismissed.
Kimmel and the Clintons were given the opportunity to meet at the 2014 Meeting of Clinton Global Initiative University. Kimmel was given the opportunity to interview the former U.S. first family and ask questions like how Bill and Hillary Clinton met. But of course, the real and biggest question was if Hillary Clinton will run for president in 2016.
"I am very much concerned about the direction of our country," former Secretary of U.S. Senate said, according to New York Daily News, in answer to the biggest question. "And it's not just who runs for office but what they do when they get there and how we bring people together and particularly empower young people so we can tackle these hard decisions."
According to E! Online, the said initiative assembled 1,000 student leaders who "develop strategies to try to solve some of their biggest social, economic and environmental concerns."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]