‘Gotham’ Season 1 Updates: Meet Catwoman & Detective Harvey Bullock
By Riza Ornos | March 24, 2014 6:23 PM EST
Warner Bros. TV new series "Gotham" recently released two characters for the network's "Batman" series. The network released a photo of Donal Logue, who plays James Gordon's hardened partner and mentor, Harvey Bullock, and Camren Bicondova as the young Selina Kyle, or better known as Catwoman.
"What I do love about Gotham, that I can say so far, is that it creates this incredible world that, for me, you can step into things that almost feel like the roaring 20s," says Logue about taking the role of Detective Harvey Bollock in an interview I Am Rogue.
"It has this anachronistic element to it where it feels like it's either New York in the 70s, or it kind of exists independently of time and space in a way, and you can dip into all of these different genres. So I'm excited by it," he added.
Playing the schoolgirl version of Catwoman, Bicondova is a dancer and actress is almost unrecognizable when she donned her leather costume as the cast continue shooting for the forthcoming series. Logue is wearing the usual TV cop costume with his leather trench coat, badge, wild beard and detective hat.
The upcoming Fox show follows the adventure of the young James Gordon as a policeman in the Gotham Police Department and features some of Batman's famous enemies. The series will also showcase more realistic criminals and their origin before they embraced the outlaw life.
In "Gotham," Catwoman is described as "a teenage orphan, who is suspicious and wholly unpredictable. A street thief and skilled pickpocket, she's dangerous when cornered." The latest pictures from Mail Online showcases Catwoman lithely making her way down a fire escape in what seems to be another successful burglary.
The young actress describes herself as a feline person and her love for cats will come handy when she's in character. The newly-released on-set images also feature Bicondova and David Mazouz as the young Bruce Wayne as they hang out together on the DC Universe set.
"Gotham's" set is currently in New York and Mazouz is enacting the fateful night on which he lost both of his parents (played by Grayson McCouch and Brette Taylor). According to Mail Online, the young Bruce Wayne seems to be childhood friend of Selena, who will later grow up to be called as Catwoman.
Written by "The Mentalist" creator Bruno Heller, "Gotham" is directed by Danny Cannon who is known for his works in "Nikita." Expected to air in the U.S. in the fall, the show will also feature origin stories of the Penguin, the Riddler, Two-Face and the Joker.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015