‘Gotham’ Season 1 Updates: Meet Catwoman & Detective Harvey Bullock
By Riza Ornos | March 24, 2014 6:23 PM EST
Warner Bros. TV new series "Gotham" recently released two characters for the network's "Batman" series. The network released a photo of Donal Logue, who plays James Gordon's hardened partner and mentor, Harvey Bullock, and Camren Bicondova as the young Selina Kyle, or better known as Catwoman.
"What I do love about Gotham, that I can say so far, is that it creates this incredible world that, for me, you can step into things that almost feel like the roaring 20s," says Logue about taking the role of Detective Harvey Bollock in an interview I Am Rogue.
"It has this anachronistic element to it where it feels like it's either New York in the 70s, or it kind of exists independently of time and space in a way, and you can dip into all of these different genres. So I'm excited by it," he added.
Playing the schoolgirl version of Catwoman, Bicondova is a dancer and actress is almost unrecognizable when she donned her leather costume as the cast continue shooting for the forthcoming series. Logue is wearing the usual TV cop costume with his leather trench coat, badge, wild beard and detective hat.
The upcoming Fox show follows the adventure of the young James Gordon as a policeman in the Gotham Police Department and features some of Batman's famous enemies. The series will also showcase more realistic criminals and their origin before they embraced the outlaw life.
In "Gotham," Catwoman is described as "a teenage orphan, who is suspicious and wholly unpredictable. A street thief and skilled pickpocket, she's dangerous when cornered." The latest pictures from Mail Online showcases Catwoman lithely making her way down a fire escape in what seems to be another successful burglary.
The young actress describes herself as a feline person and her love for cats will come handy when she's in character. The newly-released on-set images also feature Bicondova and David Mazouz as the young Bruce Wayne as they hang out together on the DC Universe set.
"Gotham's" set is currently in New York and Mazouz is enacting the fateful night on which he lost both of his parents (played by Grayson McCouch and Brette Taylor). According to Mail Online, the young Bruce Wayne seems to be childhood friend of Selena, who will later grow up to be called as Catwoman.
Written by "The Mentalist" creator Bruno Heller, "Gotham" is directed by Danny Cannon who is known for his works in "Nikita." Expected to air in the U.S. in the fall, the show will also feature origin stories of the Penguin, the Riddler, Two-Face and the Joker.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- Beyonce’s ‘Ring Off’ Isn’t About Her Alleged Crumbling Marriage to Jay Z, But About Her Parents [VIDEOS]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks