'Man of Steel 2' News: David S. Goyer Talks About Writing Process for Batman vs. Superman Film, Considered Creating Movie Sequel with Christopher Nolan's 'The Dark Knight'
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 24, 2014 6:23 PM EST
"Man of Steel 2" screenwriter David S. Goyer recently shared in an interview with Comic Book Resources about the writing process for the highly anticipated Batman vs. Superman movie. Mr Goyer particularly noted about how they carefully balanced writing the story by listening to what fans say and doing what they want that will fit best to the movie sequel.
"I'm paraphrasing Steve Jobs, it's like you don't give the audience or the consumer what they want, you give them what they don't even know they want," the screenwriter stated in the Enstars report. David S. Goyer further explained that giving in to what the fans want can be unfavorable to the creative process.
"I mean, being involved in some of these comic book movies and stuff like that, people say, 'Well, this is what they should do.' And trust me, if we had just done exactly that I don't think the audiences would have been completely happy," Mr Goyer shared. According to the Latino Post report, David S. Goyer's writing process for the "Man of Steel 2" movie has considered connecting the Batman vs. Superman film in director Christopher Nolan's universe for "The Dark Knight" trilogy.
"Chris Nolan and I absolutely had discussions about that with regards to Superman or Batman and where he exists in the public consciousness and whether or not this was aligned with that or a betrayal of that or not," the screenwriter revealed without slipping any other details on the upcoming "Man of Steel" movie sequel.
The "Man of Steel 2" cast members include British actor Henry Cavill as Clark Kent or Superman, Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne or Batman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Laurence Fishburne as Perry White, Diane Lane as Martha Kent, Jesse Eisenberg as villain Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons as Bruce Wayne's butler, Alfred Pennyworth.
The Latino Post further reported that cast member Jeremy Irons recently divulged that the script for the "Man of Steel 2" film is not yet finalized. "Snyder and his stars Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Jesse Eisenberg, Amy Adams and Laurence Fishburne, are gearing up to begin principal photography next month in Michigan," the report claimed.
"Man of Steel 2" is scheduled to hit cinemas on May 6, 2016.
More Articles to Read:
'Man of Steel 2' Ben Affleck as Batman: Trainer Tweets about Transforming the Actor to a 'Big Bad Dude' in Batman vs. Superman Movie - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' Ben Affleck as Batman: Michael Keaton Defends Casting Choice, Film Director Zack Snyder Still Deals with Fans' Backlash - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' Wonder Woman Costume: Film Sequel's Costume Designer Michael Wilkinson Tease Gal Gadot Will Have a 'Gladiator'-Inspired Look - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar