'Man of Steel 2' News: David S. Goyer Talks About Writing Process for Batman vs. Superman Film, Considered Creating Movie Sequel with Christopher Nolan's 'The Dark Knight'
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 24, 2014 6:23 PM EST
"Man of Steel 2" screenwriter David S. Goyer recently shared in an interview with Comic Book Resources about the writing process for the highly anticipated Batman vs. Superman movie. Mr Goyer particularly noted about how they carefully balanced writing the story by listening to what fans say and doing what they want that will fit best to the movie sequel.
"I'm paraphrasing Steve Jobs, it's like you don't give the audience or the consumer what they want, you give them what they don't even know they want," the screenwriter stated in the Enstars report. David S. Goyer further explained that giving in to what the fans want can be unfavorable to the creative process.
"I mean, being involved in some of these comic book movies and stuff like that, people say, 'Well, this is what they should do.' And trust me, if we had just done exactly that I don't think the audiences would have been completely happy," Mr Goyer shared. According to the Latino Post report, David S. Goyer's writing process for the "Man of Steel 2" movie has considered connecting the Batman vs. Superman film in director Christopher Nolan's universe for "The Dark Knight" trilogy.
"Chris Nolan and I absolutely had discussions about that with regards to Superman or Batman and where he exists in the public consciousness and whether or not this was aligned with that or a betrayal of that or not," the screenwriter revealed without slipping any other details on the upcoming "Man of Steel" movie sequel.
The "Man of Steel 2" cast members include British actor Henry Cavill as Clark Kent or Superman, Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne or Batman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Laurence Fishburne as Perry White, Diane Lane as Martha Kent, Jesse Eisenberg as villain Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons as Bruce Wayne's butler, Alfred Pennyworth.
The Latino Post further reported that cast member Jeremy Irons recently divulged that the script for the "Man of Steel 2" film is not yet finalized. "Snyder and his stars Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Jesse Eisenberg, Amy Adams and Laurence Fishburne, are gearing up to begin principal photography next month in Michigan," the report claimed.
"Man of Steel 2" is scheduled to hit cinemas on May 6, 2016.
More Articles to Read:
'Man of Steel 2' Ben Affleck as Batman: Trainer Tweets about Transforming the Actor to a 'Big Bad Dude' in Batman vs. Superman Movie - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' Ben Affleck as Batman: Michael Keaton Defends Casting Choice, Film Director Zack Snyder Still Deals with Fans' Backlash - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' Wonder Woman Costume: Film Sequel's Costume Designer Michael Wilkinson Tease Gal Gadot Will Have a 'Gladiator'-Inspired Look - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown