NBA Preview: Portland Trail Blazers vs. Miami Heat Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | March 24, 2014 5:53 PM EST
The defending champions are mired in a struggle they have never experienced before during their tile runs the past couple of seasons. The Miami Heat looks to put it all behind when they face the dangerous Portland Trail Blazers on Monday night.
NBA: Portland Trail Blazers at Golden State Warriors
The Heat are 4-7 in their last 11 games but more alarming is the fact that the last three losses have come against the New Orleans Pelicans, 105-95; Boston Celtics, 101-96; and Denver Nuggets, 111-107—all three teams are currently out of the playoff picture and well on their way to the lottery.
Similarly, the Trail Blazers are suffering from a slump in recent games as well. Portland is also 4-7 in its last 11 games and the losses have come against Western rivals which they may face in the playoffs.
Defense and rebounding has been a problem for the Heat, which is dead last in the NBA in rebounding average (36.5 rebounds per game). They’ll be hosting a Blazers squad which is the No. 1 team off the glass at 46.3 RPG.
LeBron James had a good all-around performance of 25 points, 8 rebounds and 9 assists but the Heat just couldn't contain Pelican center Anthony Davis who had 30 points and 11 boards. Mario Chalmers added 19 points (3/6 3FG) and 7 assists for Miami, which allowed the New Orleans to shoot over 51.1 per cent from the field.
Meanwhile, the Blazers are coming off one of the worst losses of their season—a 124-94 defeat at the hands the Charlotte Bobcats last Saturday.
Still missing the services LaMarcus Aldridge, Portland couldn't get the usual numbers from Nicolas Batum (6 points, 2/5 FG) and Robin Lopez (8 points and 5 rebounds). Damian Lillard had 20 points and 4 assists for Portland, which trailed by 25 points at halftime versus the Bobcats.
Watch the Trail Blazers-Heat match-up via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia