Malaysian Airlines 370 Found in Saudi Arabia; Hijacked By Prince of Jeddah – A Disheartening Viral Story
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 24, 2014 5:18 PM EST
The Malaysian Airlines plane hasn't been found yet despite an all-out search and recovery operation from numerous countries, including superpowers China and the United States.
Malaysians Prime Minister Najib Razak has hinted that the missing Malaysian Airlines MH370 was almost certainly hijacked.
However, satirical and perhaps desensitised news about the missing jetliner are bobbing everywhere, making fun of the ill-fated plane and the 239 people who might have lost their lives in the vast ocean.
One of this satirical news is the article posted on Princes Urduja blog, which reported that Malaysian Airlines 'Flight 370' was hijacked by Prince Sahram Al-Sandshoo of Jeddah. Many netizens on Facebook and Twitter fell victim to this certainly brow-raising news, but apparently it was nothing but product of playful minds.
Readers cannot be blamed for believing the news quickly, as the articles seemed to have provided detailed information about the discovery of the plane. Then again, it's only a hoax that certainly added insult to the injury being suffered by the family members of the victims.
Here's an excerpt of the story posted on the viral blog:
"The missing Malaysian Airlines 'Flight 370′ has been found by police in Saudi Arabia, bringing to an end a 12-day search for the Boeing 777.
Prince Sahram Al-Sandshoo of Jeddah was arrested by local law enforcement agencies when the missing plane was discovered in his garden. Suspicions were heightened when Al-Sandshoo placed an advert on eBay offering a 'Used Boeing 777 Black Box Recorder' for sale.
The Saudi authorities immediately requested a search warrant to enter his 40-acre property on the outskirts of Jeddah, the city he has princed for the past 43 years. Al-Sandshoo is a world-renowned collector of aero-memorabilia, most famous for his acquisition of 'Wright Flyer', one of the earliest examples of an aircraft by the Wright brothers.
"In a news conference the Malaysian Prime Minister, Perdana Menteri announced, "We have finally located the missing aircraft in Saudi Arabia. The passengers are all OK and are in good spirits. Apparently the prince fed them a banquet of sheep testicles and wine. We are awfully sorry that we misplaced this aircraft, it's a mistake anyone can make, we hope you understand. It's been an unfortunate incident but we cannot be held responsible for thieves."
There's No Harm to Be Sensitive
Though it's okay to take a break from the tumultuous world we are living in, desensitised news have no rooms at this depressed situation. To the families of 239 people who might have lost their lives in the tragic flight, seeing news like this is certainly frustrating and sometimes disheartening, as their hope of having their loved ones back in their arms becoming more remote in each passing day. Friends, there's no harm to be sensitive once in a while.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- 'World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Players Can Get The Free Character Boost Now And Still Upgrade To The Collector's Edition On Nov. 13, 2014, Plus The Horde Chopper Mount Will Only Be Available Until Sept. 30, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Samsung SM-A500 (aka Wallet-Friendly Galaxy Alpha) Clears TENAA Revealing Images And Specs
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- Chinese Property Developer Flees To New Zealand After China Arrests Vice-Mayor For Corrupt Deals
- Amazon Announces 7 New Kindles: Upgraded Amazon 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HDX Available Now On Pre-order