Mitchell Johnson's Leg Infection Serious
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 24, 2014 3:15 PM EST
The toe infection that left Mitchell Johnson out of T20 seemed getting worse as the infection now started spreading his leg.
Cricket Australia further confirmed that Johnson may take more time to get better. But the main problem lies with the fact that the IPL season is due to start in April and no one would like to lose the lucrative $1.5 million deal for this season.
Cricket Australia further confirmed, "He is recovering from an infection that began in his right big toe, before affecting his right leg."
"He is being managed by a team of medical specialists."
"Depending on how quickly he recovers, Johnson's next scheduled commitment is the 2014 Indian Premier League where he will represent Kings XI Punjab, which finishes at the end of May."
Johnson got the infection from a cut during the team's last tour to South Africa where Aussies clinched the test series in Cape Town.
Being on rest, Johnson was replaced by 32-year-old Doug Bollinger from the Australian T20 squad. Doug linked up with the team in Bangladesh last week to face the match against Pakistan held on Sunday.
On the other news, experienced Test paceman Ryan Harris was "recovering well" after having a surgery on his right knee.
CA further said, "The aim will be to have Ryan fit to play in the Test series against Pakistan later in the year but medical staff will continue to assess his progress over the coming period."
Johnson's miss from T20 World Cup is a crucial loss. Though he was earlier expected to join IPL as he showed signs of quick recovery, the situation became a bit tense as the condition worsens.
Mitchell Johnson is supposed to join King's XI Punjab squad in the upcoming IPL season. He is one important bowler and his absence at this stage may cause a great damage to Punjab's bowling lineup.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy