2014 NCAA March Madness Update – Round of 32: Kentucky Ousts Wichita State, 78-76 [PHOTOS]
March 24, 2014 3:14 PM EST
2014 NCAA March Madness Update – Round of 32: Kentucky Ousts Wichita State, 78-76 [SLIDESHOW]
Despite Wichita State’s run for perfection this season, many doubted they had the goods to deliver when it mattered the most. Those criticisms were validated on Sunday after the Shockers got beat by the Kentucky Wildcats in the Round of 32 of the 2014 NCAA Tournament.
Four players ended up in double-figure scoring for the Wildcats led by the Harrison twins—Andrew (20 points) and Aaron (19 points). Julius Randle added 13 points and 10 rebounds while James Young had 13 points and 8 boards.
Wichita State had the chance steal the win but guard Fred VanVleet missed a three-pointer at the buzzer. And just like that the Shockers’ season is over as well as their perfect record.
For more stats and facts in the Kentucky-Wichita State game view the slideshow.
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Set To Overtake Roger Federer Grand Slam Haul By 2017
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Rumours Spice Up as Balotelli is Spotted in New York, where Gunners will Hold Pre-season Camp [PHOTOS]
- From Miami Heat to Cleveland Cavaliers, Ray Allen to Follow LeBron James
- Roger Federer Says He's Not Perfect, Talks About Retirement
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Apple's iPhone 6 vs. Xiaomi Mi 4: Specifications, Features and Prices
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports
- Ideological Support Swells for Scottish Independence