2014 NCAA March Madness Update – Round of 32: Kentucky Ousts Wichita State, 78-76 [PHOTOS]
March 24, 2014 3:14 PM EST
2014 NCAA March Madness Update – Round of 32: Kentucky Ousts Wichita State, 78-76 [SLIDESHOW]
Despite Wichita State’s run for perfection this season, many doubted they had the goods to deliver when it mattered the most. Those criticisms were validated on Sunday after the Shockers got beat by the Kentucky Wildcats in the Round of 32 of the 2014 NCAA Tournament.
Four players ended up in double-figure scoring for the Wildcats led by the Harrison twins—Andrew (20 points) and Aaron (19 points). Julius Randle added 13 points and 10 rebounds while James Young had 13 points and 8 boards.
Wichita State had the chance steal the win but guard Fred VanVleet missed a three-pointer at the buzzer. And just like that the Shockers’ season is over as well as their perfect record.
For more stats and facts in the Kentucky-Wichita State game view the slideshow.
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports