2014 NCAA March Madness Update – Round of 32: Kentucky Ousts Wichita State, 78-76 [PHOTOS]
March 24, 2014 3:14 PM EST
2014 NCAA March Madness Update – Round of 32: Kentucky Ousts Wichita State, 78-76 [SLIDESHOW]
Despite Wichita State’s run for perfection this season, many doubted they had the goods to deliver when it mattered the most. Those criticisms were validated on Sunday after the Shockers got beat by the Kentucky Wildcats in the Round of 32 of the 2014 NCAA Tournament.
Four players ended up in double-figure scoring for the Wildcats led by the Harrison twins—Andrew (20 points) and Aaron (19 points). Julius Randle added 13 points and 10 rebounds while James Young had 13 points and 8 boards.
Wichita State had the chance steal the win but guard Fred VanVleet missed a three-pointer at the buzzer. And just like that the Shockers’ season is over as well as their perfect record.
For more stats and facts in the Kentucky-Wichita State game view the slideshow.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS