Pacquiao-Bradley II: Bradley Slams Pacquiao and Says That the Filipino Fighter is No Longer the Fighter He Once Was
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 24, 2014 3:13 PM EST
Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley faced each other before they clash in the ring at an HBO Sports special presentation "Face Off" with Max Kellerman on March 22. The two boxers, who are set to fight on April 12, sat across a table, and Bradley has so many things to say.
Manny Pacquiao will face Tim Bradley on April 12
Pacquiao seemed self-sacrificing and noble when he answered Kellerman's questions. It was Bradley who looked angered all throughout the interview. The American boxer was looking at Pacquiao with the eye of the tiger, always looking him straight into his eyes. It looked like Bradley had more guts in him as opposed to the Filipino boxer's claim that the killer instinct in him is back.
Bradley still thinks that he won against Pacquiao when they first met after having reviewed the video of their fight. He said that he had won eight out of the 12 rounds. According to the unbeaten boxer, he won the fight because he managed to outbox Pacquiao. He said that Pacquiao was missing most of the punches he had thrown at him. Bradley couldn't care less of what other people think of him and the outcome of Pacquiao-Bradley I.
"They don't believe in me," said Bradley.
"They don't think that I am capable of doing it, I'm capable of doing anything that I want to do as long as I put my mind to it and I work hard for it, I'ma do whatever I want to do," he said when asked if he has to knock Pacquiao out to earn the victory.
Pacquiao seemed to concede that he had underestimated Bradley before. He said that he is determined to train hard. "Now, I have to get it back, the aggressiveness," said Pacquiao.
However, Bradley was quick to contest Pacquiao's claim and said that the only way for him to win is to knock him out. Otherwise, Pacquiao will just suffer yet another defeat from him. The eight-division Filipino world champion could only bow down and smile before answering back, "We'll see."
Bradley appeared confident that Pacquiao is no longer the fighter he once was. He made it clear that he has got nothing bad to say about Pacquaio. It's just that he thinks that Pacquiao is a different fighter now than the fighter he was before.
"That hunger that he's looking for, it's no longer there."
"He can't get it back, it's gone."
"I truly believe that."
Bradley revealed that he doesn't have the slightest idea who Pacquiao lost that hunger. "He's in a different place now, he's not the same, I'm telling you."
Pacquiao could only grin and nod implausibly before saying, "I pray for that, that God will give me that another, fire, I will pray for that."
You can watch the full video of HBO's Face Off featuring Pacquiao-Bradley II here.
Do you think Pacquiao's killer instinct is gone for good? Is it Bradley's time to shine now?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet