2014 NCAA March Madness Update: Iowa State Edges North Carolina, 85-83 Advances to Next Round vs. Connecticut [PHOTOS]
March 24, 2014 1:58 PM EST
2014 NCAA March Madness Update: Iowa State Edges North Carolina, 85-83 Advances to Next Round vs. Connecticut
More upsets were delivered in the second day of the Round of 32 in the 2014 NCAA Tournament even as one favourite, Iowa State Cyclones came prepared and came away with the win on Sunday when they faced the dangerous sixth seed North Carolina Tar Heels.
DeAndre Kane hit the game-winner with 2.0 seconds left to give Iowa State 85-83 victory and a place in the Sweet Sixteen. North Carolina had a chance to steal it but never got off a shot on time. The Tar Heels still had a timeout to call but it was never called blowing the opportunity for a better opporunity in the end.
View the slideshow for the storylines, stats and facts in the North Carolina-Iowa State match-up.
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Grimm Season 4 Spoilers: Comic-Con Answers Served, Nick 'Un-Grimmed' Affects His Wesen Friends' Honeymoon
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast