2014 NCAA March Madness Update: Iowa State Edges North Carolina, 85-83 Advances to Next Round vs. Connecticut [PHOTOS]
March 24, 2014 1:58 PM EST
2014 NCAA March Madness Update: Iowa State Edges North Carolina, 85-83 Advances to Next Round vs. Connecticut
More upsets were delivered in the second day of the Round of 32 in the 2014 NCAA Tournament even as one favourite, Iowa State Cyclones came prepared and came away with the win on Sunday when they faced the dangerous sixth seed North Carolina Tar Heels.
DeAndre Kane hit the game-winner with 2.0 seconds left to give Iowa State 85-83 victory and a place in the Sweet Sixteen. North Carolina had a chance to steal it but never got off a shot on time. The Tar Heels still had a timeout to call but it was never called blowing the opportunity for a better opporunity in the end.
View the slideshow for the storylines, stats and facts in the North Carolina-Iowa State match-up.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions