2014 NCAA March Madness Update: Iowa State Edges North Carolina, 85-83 Advances to Next Round vs. Connecticut [PHOTOS]
March 24, 2014 1:58 PM EST
2014 NCAA March Madness Update: Iowa State Edges North Carolina, 85-83 Advances to Next Round vs. Connecticut
More upsets were delivered in the second day of the Round of 32 in the 2014 NCAA Tournament even as one favourite, Iowa State Cyclones came prepared and came away with the win on Sunday when they faced the dangerous sixth seed North Carolina Tar Heels.
DeAndre Kane hit the game-winner with 2.0 seconds left to give Iowa State 85-83 victory and a place in the Sweet Sixteen. North Carolina had a chance to steal it but never got off a shot on time. The Tar Heels still had a timeout to call but it was never called blowing the opportunity for a better opporunity in the end.
View the slideshow for the storylines, stats and facts in the North Carolina-Iowa State match-up.
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Set To Overtake Roger Federer Grand Slam Haul By 2017
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Rumours Spice Up as Balotelli is Spotted in New York, where Gunners will Hold Pre-season Camp [PHOTOS]
- From Miami Heat to Cleveland Cavaliers, Ray Allen to Follow LeBron James
- Roger Federer Says He's Not Perfect, Talks About Retirement
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Apple's iPhone 6 vs. Xiaomi Mi 4: Specifications, Features and Prices
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports
- Ideological Support Swells for Scottish Independence