2014 NCAA March Madness Update: Iowa State Edges North Carolina, 85-83 Advances to Next Round vs. Connecticut [PHOTOS]
March 24, 2014 1:58 PM EST
2014 NCAA March Madness Update: Iowa State Edges North Carolina, 85-83 Advances to Next Round vs. Connecticut
More upsets were delivered in the second day of the Round of 32 in the 2014 NCAA Tournament even as one favourite, Iowa State Cyclones came prepared and came away with the win on Sunday when they faced the dangerous sixth seed North Carolina Tar Heels.
DeAndre Kane hit the game-winner with 2.0 seconds left to give Iowa State 85-83 victory and a place in the Sweet Sixteen. North Carolina had a chance to steal it but never got off a shot on time. The Tar Heels still had a timeout to call but it was never called blowing the opportunity for a better opporunity in the end.
View the slideshow for the storylines, stats and facts in the North Carolina-Iowa State match-up.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans