2014 NCAA March Madness Update: Iowa State Edges North Carolina, 85-83 Advances to Next Round vs. Connecticut [PHOTOS]
March 24, 2014 1:58 PM EST
2014 NCAA March Madness Update: Iowa State Edges North Carolina, 85-83 Advances to Next Round vs. Connecticut
More upsets were delivered in the second day of the Round of 32 in the 2014 NCAA Tournament even as one favourite, Iowa State Cyclones came prepared and came away with the win on Sunday when they faced the dangerous sixth seed North Carolina Tar Heels.
DeAndre Kane hit the game-winner with 2.0 seconds left to give Iowa State 85-83 victory and a place in the Sweet Sixteen. North Carolina had a chance to steal it but never got off a shot on time. The Tar Heels still had a timeout to call but it was never called blowing the opportunity for a better opporunity in the end.
View the slideshow for the storylines, stats and facts in the North Carolina-Iowa State match-up.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- San Antonio Spurs Targeting Mexican Star Gustavo Ayon
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1