‘My Kitchen Rules’ Besties Carly and Tresne Reveal They Are Actually Married
By Anne Lu | March 24, 2014 1:30 PM EST
“My Kitchen Rules” contestants Carly Saunders and Tresne Middleton aren’t just best friends, they are actually “married.” The teacher and estate agent revealed that they had a commitment ceremony to recognise their love for each other, and just downplayed their relationship in the small screen.
“Yes, we’re in love!” they proudly proclaimed to New Idea magazine.
They were introduced as best friends to Australia when the Seven Network reality show debuted in January. However, as it turned out, they were more than friends, but they asked the producers to keep the real status of their relationship a secret.
“We wanted to go on the show as ourselves and have people judge us on our cooking and not our sexual preference,” Carly, the school teacher, explained, adding that they did not even tell the producers and the other contestants that they were together at first.
“Channel Seven were so good to us and very understanding.”
Although they kept it a secret, the producers quickly picked up that they were not just friends, as they had indicated in their application. The other contestants also learned that they were married early in the competition.
Carly, 32, and Tresne, 29, met eight years ago, and had an intimate commitment ceremony in March 2012 infront of family and friends.
“We know same-sex marriage is not recognised in Australia so we’re going to wait, but then we thought we should do it while we were still young and pretty,” Carly said.
The couple shouldn’t have worried about how Australia would perceive them, though. Their revelation sparked positive reactions from the show’s fans on Twitter.
— Travis M. Sellers (@travyola72) March 24, 2014
Called it - Carly and Tresne are a couple! So happy for them #mkr — Sam Ferguson (@Samu293) March 23, 2014
Carly and Tresne are a couple! So cute! I always got a bit of a butch vibe from Tresne. So I'm glad they finally announced it. Congrats!
— Paul Haydon (@PaulHaydon) March 24, 2014
@CarlyandTresne nothing changes what i think about you girls! Love your cooking and watching you 2 is funny! Keep your heads up girls! :) <3 — Tamara Randall (@Raanndaalll) March 24, 2014
Carly and Tresne are married? That's the cutest thing ever! I love them even more now! You go girls! #mkr
— KellyRose (@KellySchenckel) March 24, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June