‘My Kitchen Rules’ Besties Carly and Tresne Reveal They Are Actually Married
By Anne Lu | March 24, 2014 1:30 PM EST
“My Kitchen Rules” contestants Carly Saunders and Tresne Middleton aren’t just best friends, they are actually “married.” The teacher and estate agent revealed that they had a commitment ceremony to recognise their love for each other, and just downplayed their relationship in the small screen.
“Yes, we’re in love!” they proudly proclaimed to New Idea magazine.
They were introduced as best friends to Australia when the Seven Network reality show debuted in January. However, as it turned out, they were more than friends, but they asked the producers to keep the real status of their relationship a secret.
“We wanted to go on the show as ourselves and have people judge us on our cooking and not our sexual preference,” Carly, the school teacher, explained, adding that they did not even tell the producers and the other contestants that they were together at first.
“Channel Seven were so good to us and very understanding.”
Although they kept it a secret, the producers quickly picked up that they were not just friends, as they had indicated in their application. The other contestants also learned that they were married early in the competition.
Carly, 32, and Tresne, 29, met eight years ago, and had an intimate commitment ceremony in March 2012 infront of family and friends.
“We know same-sex marriage is not recognised in Australia so we’re going to wait, but then we thought we should do it while we were still young and pretty,” Carly said.
The couple shouldn’t have worried about how Australia would perceive them, though. Their revelation sparked positive reactions from the show’s fans on Twitter.
— Travis M. Sellers (@travyola72) March 24, 2014
Called it - Carly and Tresne are a couple! So happy for them #mkr — Sam Ferguson (@Samu293) March 23, 2014
Carly and Tresne are a couple! So cute! I always got a bit of a butch vibe from Tresne. So I'm glad they finally announced it. Congrats!
— Paul Haydon (@PaulHaydon) March 24, 2014
@CarlyandTresne nothing changes what i think about you girls! Love your cooking and watching you 2 is funny! Keep your heads up girls! :) <3 — Tamara Randall (@Raanndaalll) March 24, 2014
Carly and Tresne are married? That's the cutest thing ever! I love them even more now! You go girls! #mkr
— KellyRose (@KellySchenckel) March 24, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter