‘My Kitchen Rules’ Besties Carly and Tresne Reveal They Are Actually Married
By Anne Lu | March 24, 2014 1:30 PM EST
“My Kitchen Rules” contestants Carly Saunders and Tresne Middleton aren’t just best friends, they are actually “married.” The teacher and estate agent revealed that they had a commitment ceremony to recognise their love for each other, and just downplayed their relationship in the small screen.
“Yes, we’re in love!” they proudly proclaimed to New Idea magazine.
They were introduced as best friends to Australia when the Seven Network reality show debuted in January. However, as it turned out, they were more than friends, but they asked the producers to keep the real status of their relationship a secret.
“We wanted to go on the show as ourselves and have people judge us on our cooking and not our sexual preference,” Carly, the school teacher, explained, adding that they did not even tell the producers and the other contestants that they were together at first.
“Channel Seven were so good to us and very understanding.”
Although they kept it a secret, the producers quickly picked up that they were not just friends, as they had indicated in their application. The other contestants also learned that they were married early in the competition.
Carly, 32, and Tresne, 29, met eight years ago, and had an intimate commitment ceremony in March 2012 infront of family and friends.
“We know same-sex marriage is not recognised in Australia so we’re going to wait, but then we thought we should do it while we were still young and pretty,” Carly said.
The couple shouldn’t have worried about how Australia would perceive them, though. Their revelation sparked positive reactions from the show’s fans on Twitter.
— Travis M. Sellers (@travyola72) March 24, 2014
Called it - Carly and Tresne are a couple! So happy for them #mkr — Sam Ferguson (@Samu293) March 23, 2014
Carly and Tresne are a couple! So cute! I always got a bit of a butch vibe from Tresne. So I'm glad they finally announced it. Congrats!
— Paul Haydon (@PaulHaydon) March 24, 2014
@CarlyandTresne nothing changes what i think about you girls! Love your cooking and watching you 2 is funny! Keep your heads up girls! :) <3 — Tamara Randall (@Raanndaalll) March 24, 2014
Carly and Tresne are married? That's the cutest thing ever! I love them even more now! You go girls! #mkr
— KellyRose (@KellySchenckel) March 24, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop