‘My Kitchen Rules’ Besties Carly and Tresne Reveal They Are Actually Married
By Anne Lu | March 24, 2014 1:30 PM EST
“My Kitchen Rules” contestants Carly Saunders and Tresne Middleton aren’t just best friends, they are actually “married.” The teacher and estate agent revealed that they had a commitment ceremony to recognise their love for each other, and just downplayed their relationship in the small screen.
“Yes, we’re in love!” they proudly proclaimed to New Idea magazine.
They were introduced as best friends to Australia when the Seven Network reality show debuted in January. However, as it turned out, they were more than friends, but they asked the producers to keep the real status of their relationship a secret.
“We wanted to go on the show as ourselves and have people judge us on our cooking and not our sexual preference,” Carly, the school teacher, explained, adding that they did not even tell the producers and the other contestants that they were together at first.
“Channel Seven were so good to us and very understanding.”
Although they kept it a secret, the producers quickly picked up that they were not just friends, as they had indicated in their application. The other contestants also learned that they were married early in the competition.
Carly, 32, and Tresne, 29, met eight years ago, and had an intimate commitment ceremony in March 2012 infront of family and friends.
“We know same-sex marriage is not recognised in Australia so we’re going to wait, but then we thought we should do it while we were still young and pretty,” Carly said.
The couple shouldn’t have worried about how Australia would perceive them, though. Their revelation sparked positive reactions from the show’s fans on Twitter.
— Travis M. Sellers (@travyola72) March 24, 2014
Called it - Carly and Tresne are a couple! So happy for them #mkr — Sam Ferguson (@Samu293) March 23, 2014
Carly and Tresne are a couple! So cute! I always got a bit of a butch vibe from Tresne. So I'm glad they finally announced it. Congrats!
— Paul Haydon (@PaulHaydon) March 24, 2014
@CarlyandTresne nothing changes what i think about you girls! Love your cooking and watching you 2 is funny! Keep your heads up girls! :) <3 — Tamara Randall (@Raanndaalll) March 24, 2014
Carly and Tresne are married? That's the cutest thing ever! I love them even more now! You go girls! #mkr
— KellyRose (@KellySchenckel) March 24, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date