President Obama and the White House Shifting from BlackBerry to Samsung Smartphone Due to Samsung KNOX?
By Ryan Inoyori | March 24, 2014 1:23 PM EST
BlackBerry may suffer if the White House decides on using Samsung smartphones for internal use. Samsung devices were being tested by the internal technology team of the White House and a military unit in charge of President Barack Obama's communications. Is KNOX interesting?
LG and Samsung Device Testing
The White House's internal technology team and House Communications Agency unit in charge of President Barack Obama's communications are testing Samsung devices for possible internal use. Early stages of tests are ongoing among LG and Samsung devices but still months away to determine results.
"We can confirm that the White House Communications Agency, consistent with the rest of the Department of Defence, is piloting and using a variety of mobile devices. We have seen strong interest from the government sector and are working closely with various agencies to deploy pilot programs," a spokesman stated from the Department of Defence according to Wall Street Journal.
However, the Defence Department spokesperson declined to comment if these mobile devices were tested inside the White House and it seems like there is no indication that the U.S. President is shifting from BlackBerry to another smartphone brand.
Since testing on these mobile devices are still in early stages, President Barack Obama may use BlackBerry for a while till the results were released. Seeing great interests on other brands may indicate chances of President Obama on switching to an Android smartphone before his term ends in 2017.
Interestingly, LG was not aware that their devices were being tested by the U.S. government for internal use according to their spokesperson. BlackBerry on the other hand, replied to their commitment on meeting security standards for the U.S. government.
"For more than a decade, BlackBerry has been securing the U.S. government's mobile communications and only BlackBerry is designed to meet the high-security needs of U.S. and allied government agencies," a spokeswoman from BlackBerry said.
Samsung Knox Security
In case a single Samsung device succeeds on passing the tests performed by the U.S. government agencies, the Korean tech giant will get such an achievement. But what makes Samsung devices so interesting at this point when it comes to security standards?
Samsung KNOX Security Suite is something the company has been working on for the U.S. government to adopt as a new security solution. It is also a direct competitor against BlackBerry's enterprise security solution used by the White House for more than ten years.
1. Device Protection with KNOX
Android security implementation by Samsung which is strong enough to run on government-grade networks. It provides comprehensive hardware and software solutions for Samsung devices.
a. Enterprise IT - Secures hardware to architecture to apps using multi-layered security measurements.
b. For Employees - Uses Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) to work or Corporately Owned Personally Enabled (COPE) implementations to keep enterprise data safe while keeping personal information private.
2. One Management Console
Samsung KNOX EMM is a cloud-based management solution for mobile enterprises that manage users, apps and cross-platform devices through a single cloud-based console. It aims to provide personalised IT console, reduce costs and easy set-up using cloud-based technologies.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build