Derrick Rose Return: Chicago Bulls Expect D-Rose to Play in Playoffs – Source Says
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 24, 2014 2:25 AM EST
The Chicago Bulls are reportedly expecting point guard Derrick Rose to make his return in the lineup in the postseason, a source close to situation disclosed on Friday.
Rose, who suffered an MCL injury 10 games after returning from an ACL injury, is now recovering way ahead of schedule and perhaps could make a surprised return just in time for the playoffs, according to Daily News writer Mitch Lawrence.
Derrick Rose - Bulls
"It's no joke - the Bulls really are expecting Derrick Rose to make it back from his latest knee injury in time for the playoffs," the NBA insider stated.
The former NBA MVP underwent surgery on Nov 25 to repair a tear in his MCL. Over the past couple of months, Rose made a significant progress in his rehabilitation, as he's now doing light drills at the Bulls training facility.
Rose' return in the lineup in the postseason would be a big boost for the Bulls, who have emerged as a serious contender in the Eastern Conference despite dealing with injuries and the trade of Luol Deng to the Cleveland Cavaliers in January.
The improvement of Taj Gibson and the tenacity of Joakim Noah have been the major reasons for the Bulls' rise as a serious threat to Miami Heat and Indiana Pacers. Both players admitted that the possibility of teaming up with Rose in the postseason motivated them to play harder, as they look to contend for the title.
"Me and Joakim talk about it all the time," Gibson told ESPN. "[Noah] says, 'He's working hard, man.' He's like, 'That kid's over there working hard, man. He's trying to get back as soon as possible. Just keep playing, man.' One day when we get him back, it's going to be wonderful.
"We've just got to keep building, keep your eyes on the prize and just keep getting better each and every day. Because he's getting better, and when he comes back we can just keep rolling and just keep building."
The 25-year-old Rose averaged 15.9 points and 4.3 assists per game before he went down with an MCL injury in the game against the Portland Trail Blazers on Nov 22.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate