Derrick Rose Return: Chicago Bulls Expect D-Rose to Play in Playoffs – Source Says
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 24, 2014 2:25 AM EST
The Chicago Bulls are reportedly expecting point guard Derrick Rose to make his return in the lineup in the postseason, a source close to situation disclosed on Friday.
Rose, who suffered an MCL injury 10 games after returning from an ACL injury, is now recovering way ahead of schedule and perhaps could make a surprised return just in time for the playoffs, according to Daily News writer Mitch Lawrence.
Derrick Rose - Bulls
"It's no joke - the Bulls really are expecting Derrick Rose to make it back from his latest knee injury in time for the playoffs," the NBA insider stated.
The former NBA MVP underwent surgery on Nov 25 to repair a tear in his MCL. Over the past couple of months, Rose made a significant progress in his rehabilitation, as he's now doing light drills at the Bulls training facility.
Rose' return in the lineup in the postseason would be a big boost for the Bulls, who have emerged as a serious contender in the Eastern Conference despite dealing with injuries and the trade of Luol Deng to the Cleveland Cavaliers in January.
The improvement of Taj Gibson and the tenacity of Joakim Noah have been the major reasons for the Bulls' rise as a serious threat to Miami Heat and Indiana Pacers. Both players admitted that the possibility of teaming up with Rose in the postseason motivated them to play harder, as they look to contend for the title.
"Me and Joakim talk about it all the time," Gibson told ESPN. "[Noah] says, 'He's working hard, man.' He's like, 'That kid's over there working hard, man. He's trying to get back as soon as possible. Just keep playing, man.' One day when we get him back, it's going to be wonderful.
"We've just got to keep building, keep your eyes on the prize and just keep getting better each and every day. Because he's getting better, and when he comes back we can just keep rolling and just keep building."
The 25-year-old Rose averaged 15.9 points and 4.3 assists per game before he went down with an MCL injury in the game against the Portland Trail Blazers on Nov 22.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia