AP Bifurcation: Governor Asks Officials to Complete Formalities by 15 May
By Rama Mohan | March 23, 2014 10:00 PM EST
To facilitate the Union government's formal bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh (AP) into two new states - Telangana and Seemandhra - on the Appointed Day (2 June), state Governor ESL Narasimhan has instructed the AP bureaucracy to complete all formalities concerned by 15 May.
Telangana & Seemandhra
On 22 March, Narasimhan asked officials to complete all formalities of the state re-organisation in a systematic, fair and transparent manner before 15 May, so that a report on the state bifurcation could be sent to the Centre well before the appointed day.
The Governor held a review meeting of the state committees appointed for the bifurcation. He asked the committees to strictly adhere to the guidelines of the Centre-appointed advisory committees.
The Union government has set up two committees to review the state's re-organisationn process. One committee will look into the sharing of officials of the Indian Administrative Services (IAS), and the second committee will look into the distribution of 84,000 state government employees. The Governor asked the state committees to follow the guidelines of the Central committees in the distribution of state employeess between Seemandhra and Telangana.
Narasimhan told the officials that while the bifurcation process is on, there should not be any disruption in essential services to the people like public distribution system (PDS), disbursement of pensions and supply of seeds to farmers.
State Chief Secretary Prasanna Kumar Mohanty explained to the Governor that distribution of employees, properties, liabilities or loans, treasuries and buildings was going on at a brisk pace.
Meanwhile, the Group of Ministers (GoM) appointed for the formation of Telangana also held a review meeting on 21 March to review the process of Andhra Pradesh's division. The meeting was chaired by the Union Minister of Home Affairs Sushil Kumar Shinde. The meeting also finalised terms of reference for a five-member multi-disciplinary committee to select a suitable capital for Seemandhra or the residual AP.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Senior Australian MP Comes Out As Gay, Demands Marriage Equality
- Mesh Traps Great White Shark Ahead Of Bondi Splash ‘n Dash
- Canadian Blogger Hossein Derakhshan Thanks God & Ayatollah Khamenei For Freedom After Six Years
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video