Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Vogue Cover Meets with Severe Criticism: Kim's Fans Diss Sarah Michelle Gellar's Backlash
By Sonam Malik | March 23, 2014 7:08 PM EST
March 21, the day Vogue revealed its cover, was a big day for Kanye West and Kim Kardashian. The duo finally landed their first Vogue cover for being the most talked-about couple. However, the April 2014 issue of the fashion bible was met by severe backlash, and many people including former "Buffy" star Sarah Michelle Gellar took to Twitter to express their disappointment, threatening to cancel their Vogue subscription.
Television personality Kim Kardashian arrives at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Kimye's fans were shocked by Gellar's loathsome comments and dissed her for spitting venom against Kim Kardashian and Kanye West.
Jonathen Cheban wrote, "Do u matter? RT @RealSMG: Well...I guess I'm canceling my Vogue subscription. Who is with me???"
Anti Intellect wrote, "Sarah Michelle Gellar's comments might have meant something if this was 1999."
Fletcher Boykin wrote, "@RealSMG I think u just mad that being in buffy the vampire slayer wasnt enough to land u a cover."
Lola Ursula wrote, "Cancelled like ur flop tv show? RT @RealSMG: Well...I guess I'm canceling my Vogue subscription. Who is with me?"
Myles Brown wrote, "Can't afford it anymore? RT @RealSMG: Well...I guess I'm canceling my Vogue subscription. Who is with me???
It has been Kim Kardashian's dream to land a Vogue cover, and Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour's decision to put the couple on the cover was based on their growing popularity.
Kim Kardashian has been captured in stunning wedding gowns on the inside pages of the magazine, and it was Kanye West who pulled out all stops to make sure that his lady love got a Vogue cover before their wedding.
"Kim is playing it real cute and not really voicing that she wants the cover, especially in her wedding dress. She wants that bad but doesn't want to seem needy or desperate so she's keeping her mouth shut and letting Kanye do all the talking, as usual," reported Hollywoodlife.
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are one of the most fashionable couples in Hollywood, and landing a Vogue cover was in fact the the best wedding gift West could give Kardashian.
Leave your comments on the Kimye Vogue cover. Do you think they deserved it?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features