Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Vogue Cover Meets with Severe Criticism: Kim's Fans Diss Sarah Michelle Gellar's Backlash
By Sonam Malik | March 23, 2014 7:08 PM EST
March 21, the day Vogue revealed its cover, was a big day for Kanye West and Kim Kardashian. The duo finally landed their first Vogue cover for being the most talked-about couple. However, the April 2014 issue of the fashion bible was met by severe backlash, and many people including former "Buffy" star Sarah Michelle Gellar took to Twitter to express their disappointment, threatening to cancel their Vogue subscription.
Television personality Kim Kardashian arrives at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Kimye's fans were shocked by Gellar's loathsome comments and dissed her for spitting venom against Kim Kardashian and Kanye West.
Jonathen Cheban wrote, "Do u matter? RT @RealSMG: Well...I guess I'm canceling my Vogue subscription. Who is with me???"
Anti Intellect wrote, "Sarah Michelle Gellar's comments might have meant something if this was 1999."
Fletcher Boykin wrote, "@RealSMG I think u just mad that being in buffy the vampire slayer wasnt enough to land u a cover."
Lola Ursula wrote, "Cancelled like ur flop tv show? RT @RealSMG: Well...I guess I'm canceling my Vogue subscription. Who is with me?"
Myles Brown wrote, "Can't afford it anymore? RT @RealSMG: Well...I guess I'm canceling my Vogue subscription. Who is with me???
It has been Kim Kardashian's dream to land a Vogue cover, and Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour's decision to put the couple on the cover was based on their growing popularity.
Kim Kardashian has been captured in stunning wedding gowns on the inside pages of the magazine, and it was Kanye West who pulled out all stops to make sure that his lady love got a Vogue cover before their wedding.
"Kim is playing it real cute and not really voicing that she wants the cover, especially in her wedding dress. She wants that bad but doesn't want to seem needy or desperate so she's keeping her mouth shut and letting Kanye do all the talking, as usual," reported Hollywoodlife.
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are one of the most fashionable couples in Hollywood, and landing a Vogue cover was in fact the the best wedding gift West could give Kardashian.
Leave your comments on the Kimye Vogue cover. Do you think they deserved it?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage