Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Vogue Cover Meets with Severe Criticism: Kim's Fans Diss Sarah Michelle Gellar's Backlash
By Sonam Malik | March 23, 2014 7:08 PM EST
March 21, the day Vogue revealed its cover, was a big day for Kanye West and Kim Kardashian. The duo finally landed their first Vogue cover for being the most talked-about couple. However, the April 2014 issue of the fashion bible was met by severe backlash, and many people including former "Buffy" star Sarah Michelle Gellar took to Twitter to express their disappointment, threatening to cancel their Vogue subscription.
Television personality Kim Kardashian arrives at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Kimye's fans were shocked by Gellar's loathsome comments and dissed her for spitting venom against Kim Kardashian and Kanye West.
Jonathen Cheban wrote, "Do u matter? RT @RealSMG: Well...I guess I'm canceling my Vogue subscription. Who is with me???"
Anti Intellect wrote, "Sarah Michelle Gellar's comments might have meant something if this was 1999."
Fletcher Boykin wrote, "@RealSMG I think u just mad that being in buffy the vampire slayer wasnt enough to land u a cover."
Lola Ursula wrote, "Cancelled like ur flop tv show? RT @RealSMG: Well...I guess I'm canceling my Vogue subscription. Who is with me?"
Myles Brown wrote, "Can't afford it anymore? RT @RealSMG: Well...I guess I'm canceling my Vogue subscription. Who is with me???
It has been Kim Kardashian's dream to land a Vogue cover, and Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour's decision to put the couple on the cover was based on their growing popularity.
Kim Kardashian has been captured in stunning wedding gowns on the inside pages of the magazine, and it was Kanye West who pulled out all stops to make sure that his lady love got a Vogue cover before their wedding.
"Kim is playing it real cute and not really voicing that she wants the cover, especially in her wedding dress. She wants that bad but doesn't want to seem needy or desperate so she's keeping her mouth shut and letting Kanye do all the talking, as usual," reported Hollywoodlife.
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are one of the most fashionable couples in Hollywood, and landing a Vogue cover was in fact the the best wedding gift West could give Kardashian.
Leave your comments on the Kimye Vogue cover. Do you think they deserved it?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- 'CSI Crime Scene Investigation' Season 15 Recap: Episode 7 ‘Road to Recovery' Aired On Nov. 23, 2014, A Girl In A Rehabilitation Facility Ends Up Dead In A Pool And The ‘CSI Las Vegas’ Team Investigated Her Death [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James