Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Vogue Cover Meets with Severe Criticism: Kim's Fans Diss Sarah Michelle Gellar's Backlash
By Sonam Malik | March 23, 2014 7:08 PM EST
March 21, the day Vogue revealed its cover, was a big day for Kanye West and Kim Kardashian. The duo finally landed their first Vogue cover for being the most talked-about couple. However, the April 2014 issue of the fashion bible was met by severe backlash, and many people including former "Buffy" star Sarah Michelle Gellar took to Twitter to express their disappointment, threatening to cancel their Vogue subscription.
Television personality Kim Kardashian arrives at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Kimye's fans were shocked by Gellar's loathsome comments and dissed her for spitting venom against Kim Kardashian and Kanye West.
Jonathen Cheban wrote, "Do u matter? RT @RealSMG: Well...I guess I'm canceling my Vogue subscription. Who is with me???"
Anti Intellect wrote, "Sarah Michelle Gellar's comments might have meant something if this was 1999."
Fletcher Boykin wrote, "@RealSMG I think u just mad that being in buffy the vampire slayer wasnt enough to land u a cover."
Lola Ursula wrote, "Cancelled like ur flop tv show? RT @RealSMG: Well...I guess I'm canceling my Vogue subscription. Who is with me?"
Myles Brown wrote, "Can't afford it anymore? RT @RealSMG: Well...I guess I'm canceling my Vogue subscription. Who is with me???
It has been Kim Kardashian's dream to land a Vogue cover, and Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour's decision to put the couple on the cover was based on their growing popularity.
Kim Kardashian has been captured in stunning wedding gowns on the inside pages of the magazine, and it was Kanye West who pulled out all stops to make sure that his lady love got a Vogue cover before their wedding.
"Kim is playing it real cute and not really voicing that she wants the cover, especially in her wedding dress. She wants that bad but doesn't want to seem needy or desperate so she's keeping her mouth shut and letting Kanye do all the talking, as usual," reported Hollywoodlife.
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are one of the most fashionable couples in Hollywood, and landing a Vogue cover was in fact the the best wedding gift West could give Kardashian.
Leave your comments on the Kimye Vogue cover. Do you think they deserved it?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions