Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Vogue Cover Meets with Severe Criticism: Kim's Fans Diss Sarah Michelle Gellar's Backlash
By Sonam Malik | March 23, 2014 7:08 PM EST
March 21, the day Vogue revealed its cover, was a big day for Kanye West and Kim Kardashian. The duo finally landed their first Vogue cover for being the most talked-about couple. However, the April 2014 issue of the fashion bible was met by severe backlash, and many people including former "Buffy" star Sarah Michelle Gellar took to Twitter to express their disappointment, threatening to cancel their Vogue subscription.
Television personality Kim Kardashian arrives at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Kimye's fans were shocked by Gellar's loathsome comments and dissed her for spitting venom against Kim Kardashian and Kanye West.
Jonathen Cheban wrote, "Do u matter? RT @RealSMG: Well...I guess I'm canceling my Vogue subscription. Who is with me???"
Anti Intellect wrote, "Sarah Michelle Gellar's comments might have meant something if this was 1999."
Fletcher Boykin wrote, "@RealSMG I think u just mad that being in buffy the vampire slayer wasnt enough to land u a cover."
Lola Ursula wrote, "Cancelled like ur flop tv show? RT @RealSMG: Well...I guess I'm canceling my Vogue subscription. Who is with me?"
Myles Brown wrote, "Can't afford it anymore? RT @RealSMG: Well...I guess I'm canceling my Vogue subscription. Who is with me???
It has been Kim Kardashian's dream to land a Vogue cover, and Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour's decision to put the couple on the cover was based on their growing popularity.
Kim Kardashian has been captured in stunning wedding gowns on the inside pages of the magazine, and it was Kanye West who pulled out all stops to make sure that his lady love got a Vogue cover before their wedding.
"Kim is playing it real cute and not really voicing that she wants the cover, especially in her wedding dress. She wants that bad but doesn't want to seem needy or desperate so she's keeping her mouth shut and letting Kanye do all the talking, as usual," reported Hollywoodlife.
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are one of the most fashionable couples in Hollywood, and landing a Vogue cover was in fact the the best wedding gift West could give Kardashian.
Leave your comments on the Kimye Vogue cover. Do you think they deserved it?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales