Far Cry 4: Game Heads to Himalayas in New Leak, Likely Release in 2015
By Aditya Bhat | March 23, 2014 7:01 PM EST
Developer Ubisoft will be taking players to the Himalayas in its upcoming game Far Cry 4, according to reports.
The new game will be unveiled at E3 2014 and will be released in the first half of 2015, said a report in Eurogamer. This information was leaked by people familiar with the project.
Far Cry 4 will be heading to the Himalayas.
Batman: Arkham Knight - Riddler, Penguin, Two Face get a Makeover, Studio Details Revamped Designs for Caped Crusader’s Opponents
"We have no comments on rumors or speculation," said a Ubisoft spokesperson to Polygon.
The report also said that the franchise is moving away from the sunny tropical island environment to a colder and snowy setting where players will have the ability to ride on elephants. In February, Superannuation, a Kotaku columnist, had tweeted about the Himalayan location and the probability of monsters in Far Cry 4. Himalayan ranges have had a mysterious monster called Yeti, which is a likely possibility.
Meanwhile, it was also known that that the game will possibly be out in the first half of 2015. The leak claims E3 2014 in June. Also, the game will be released for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles. There is no clarity on if the game will be rolling out for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
It is likely that Far Cry 4 will be similar to its predecessor Far Cry 3 with hunting, gathering and liberation of outposts. It will likely have large world maps for players.
Far Cry 3 was released on 29 November 2012 and was set on a tropical island between the Indian and Pacific Oceans. Players had to play as Jason Brody and save his friends and escape from the crazy island.
Ubisoft also released retro open-world video game Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, based on the 1980s action movies, for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 gamers on 30 April 2013.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS