Far Cry 4: Game Heads to Himalayas in New Leak, Likely Release in 2015
By Aditya Bhat | March 23, 2014 7:01 PM EST
Developer Ubisoft will be taking players to the Himalayas in its upcoming game Far Cry 4, according to reports.
The new game will be unveiled at E3 2014 and will be released in the first half of 2015, said a report in Eurogamer. This information was leaked by people familiar with the project.
Far Cry 4 will be heading to the Himalayas.
Batman: Arkham Knight - Riddler, Penguin, Two Face get a Makeover, Studio Details Revamped Designs for Caped Crusader’s Opponents
"We have no comments on rumors or speculation," said a Ubisoft spokesperson to Polygon.
The report also said that the franchise is moving away from the sunny tropical island environment to a colder and snowy setting where players will have the ability to ride on elephants. In February, Superannuation, a Kotaku columnist, had tweeted about the Himalayan location and the probability of monsters in Far Cry 4. Himalayan ranges have had a mysterious monster called Yeti, which is a likely possibility.
Meanwhile, it was also known that that the game will possibly be out in the first half of 2015. The leak claims E3 2014 in June. Also, the game will be released for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles. There is no clarity on if the game will be rolling out for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
It is likely that Far Cry 4 will be similar to its predecessor Far Cry 3 with hunting, gathering and liberation of outposts. It will likely have large world maps for players.
Far Cry 3 was released on 29 November 2012 and was set on a tropical island between the Indian and Pacific Oceans. Players had to play as Jason Brody and save his friends and escape from the crazy island.
Ubisoft also released retro open-world video game Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, based on the 1980s action movies, for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 gamers on 30 April 2013.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' What Players Can Expect Before November 18 Release Date
- 'World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Spoilers: 'WoD' In-Game Cinematics Revealed, Plus There's A Brewfest For The Horde And Alliance Players [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?