Far Cry 4: Game Heads to Himalayas in New Leak, Likely Release in 2015
By Aditya Bhat | March 23, 2014 7:01 PM EST
Developer Ubisoft will be taking players to the Himalayas in its upcoming game Far Cry 4, according to reports.
The new game will be unveiled at E3 2014 and will be released in the first half of 2015, said a report in Eurogamer. This information was leaked by people familiar with the project.
Far Cry 4 will be heading to the Himalayas.
Batman: Arkham Knight - Riddler, Penguin, Two Face get a Makeover, Studio Details Revamped Designs for Caped Crusader’s Opponents
"We have no comments on rumors or speculation," said a Ubisoft spokesperson to Polygon.
The report also said that the franchise is moving away from the sunny tropical island environment to a colder and snowy setting where players will have the ability to ride on elephants. In February, Superannuation, a Kotaku columnist, had tweeted about the Himalayan location and the probability of monsters in Far Cry 4. Himalayan ranges have had a mysterious monster called Yeti, which is a likely possibility.
Meanwhile, it was also known that that the game will possibly be out in the first half of 2015. The leak claims E3 2014 in June. Also, the game will be released for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles. There is no clarity on if the game will be rolling out for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
It is likely that Far Cry 4 will be similar to its predecessor Far Cry 3 with hunting, gathering and liberation of outposts. It will likely have large world maps for players.
Far Cry 3 was released on 29 November 2012 and was set on a tropical island between the Indian and Pacific Oceans. Players had to play as Jason Brody and save his friends and escape from the crazy island.
Ubisoft also released retro open-world video game Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, based on the 1980s action movies, for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 gamers on 30 April 2013.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop