Far Cry 4: Game Heads to Himalayas in New Leak, Likely Release in 2015
By Aditya Bhat | March 23, 2014 7:01 PM EST
Developer Ubisoft will be taking players to the Himalayas in its upcoming game Far Cry 4, according to reports.
The new game will be unveiled at E3 2014 and will be released in the first half of 2015, said a report in Eurogamer. This information was leaked by people familiar with the project.
Far Cry 4 will be heading to the Himalayas.
Batman: Arkham Knight - Riddler, Penguin, Two Face get a Makeover, Studio Details Revamped Designs for Caped Crusader’s Opponents
"We have no comments on rumors or speculation," said a Ubisoft spokesperson to Polygon.
The report also said that the franchise is moving away from the sunny tropical island environment to a colder and snowy setting where players will have the ability to ride on elephants. In February, Superannuation, a Kotaku columnist, had tweeted about the Himalayan location and the probability of monsters in Far Cry 4. Himalayan ranges have had a mysterious monster called Yeti, which is a likely possibility.
Meanwhile, it was also known that that the game will possibly be out in the first half of 2015. The leak claims E3 2014 in June. Also, the game will be released for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles. There is no clarity on if the game will be rolling out for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
It is likely that Far Cry 4 will be similar to its predecessor Far Cry 3 with hunting, gathering and liberation of outposts. It will likely have large world maps for players.
Far Cry 3 was released on 29 November 2012 and was set on a tropical island between the Indian and Pacific Oceans. Players had to play as Jason Brody and save his friends and escape from the crazy island.
Ubisoft also released retro open-world video game Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, based on the 1980s action movies, for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 gamers on 30 April 2013.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown