Far Cry 4: Game Heads to Himalayas in New Leak, Likely Release in 2015
By Aditya Bhat | March 23, 2014 7:01 PM EST
Developer Ubisoft will be taking players to the Himalayas in its upcoming game Far Cry 4, according to reports.
The new game will be unveiled at E3 2014 and will be released in the first half of 2015, said a report in Eurogamer. This information was leaked by people familiar with the project.
Far Cry 4 will be heading to the Himalayas.
Batman: Arkham Knight - Riddler, Penguin, Two Face get a Makeover, Studio Details Revamped Designs for Caped Crusader’s Opponents
"We have no comments on rumors or speculation," said a Ubisoft spokesperson to Polygon.
The report also said that the franchise is moving away from the sunny tropical island environment to a colder and snowy setting where players will have the ability to ride on elephants. In February, Superannuation, a Kotaku columnist, had tweeted about the Himalayan location and the probability of monsters in Far Cry 4. Himalayan ranges have had a mysterious monster called Yeti, which is a likely possibility.
Meanwhile, it was also known that that the game will possibly be out in the first half of 2015. The leak claims E3 2014 in June. Also, the game will be released for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles. There is no clarity on if the game will be rolling out for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
It is likely that Far Cry 4 will be similar to its predecessor Far Cry 3 with hunting, gathering and liberation of outposts. It will likely have large world maps for players.
Far Cry 3 was released on 29 November 2012 and was set on a tropical island between the Indian and Pacific Oceans. Players had to play as Jason Brody and save his friends and escape from the crazy island.
Ubisoft also released retro open-world video game Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, based on the 1980s action movies, for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 gamers on 30 April 2013.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners