iPhone 6 Release Date: Apple Device's Camera Inferior to Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One 2, Nokia Lumia 1520 and Sony Xperia Z2?
By Raymond Ronamai | March 23, 2014 5:56 PM EST
As speculations on the release date and features of iPhone 6 continue to do the rounds, a new report has emerged claiming that Apple's new flagship smartphone would have a camera which is inferior to the likes of Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One 2, Nokia Lumia 1520, Sony Xperia Z2 and other high-end mobile phones in terms of pixels.
Screenshot from KDB Daewoo Sec
iPhone 6 vs Galaxy S5
Several reports suggest that iPhone 6 would be unveiled at the WWDC event in June, while some others state it would happen only in September.
Apple Inc. is not interested in number game as far as camera pixel is concerned but will work on improving the quality of images for its upcoming smartphone, reported Apple Inside, citing a source familiar with the matter.
Samsung Galaxy S5, which was unveiled last month, has a 16MP camera, while Nokia Lumia 1520 and Sony Xperia Z2 have 20MP and 20.7MP cameras respectively. HTC One 2 is also expected to come with a 16MP camera.
However, iPhone 6 may have the same 8MP camera seen on its predecessors iPhone 5S and 5C. Apple is rather concentrating on the quality of the image, like it did with its previous devices. It may be recalled that the Cupertino giant improved the image quality of iPhone 5S by increasing each pixel's size by 0.1-micron from iPhone 5, instead of upgrading megapixels. The introduction of an f/2.2 lens also helped in better performance in low-light.
iPhone 6 is likely to have a full scratch-free sapphire crystal glass screen. It is expected to sport a 4.7/4.8' or 5.5' display with a 1920x1080p (440ppi), or a 2272×1280 (510ppi), powered by the A8 chip (64-bit) and run on iOS 7.2, according to South Korean brokerage KDB Daewoo Securities.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Reportedly Cleared by FCC: Five Fresh Features to Expect from Android Smart Phone
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 New Release Imminent as Apple Enters Mid-August Production with New 24-Karat Gold iPhone 6
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects