Summer Releases: 'Maan Karate', 'Kochadaiiyaan', 'Naan Sigappu Manithan', More Films
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 22, 2014 10:48 PM EST
This summer is going to be big for Tamil film lovers with a range of different movies gearing up to hit the screens.
Maan Karate (Facebook)
From "Maan Karate" to "Kochadaiiyaan," check out the list of films slated to release during summer.
Interestingly, all of these films are carrying positive pre-release buzz.
Sivakarthikeyan-Hansika's "Maan Karate" leads the pack of summer releases. The film will be the first summer release this year and is all set to hit the screens on 4 April.
Directed by Thirukumaran, "Maan Karate" is deemed as a sports-based film with all the commercial elements. It will be the first release of 2014 for Sivakarthikeyan, who is currently riding a wave with back-to-back successful films.
The film has been generating a lot of buzz ever since it went on floors. The first-time pairing of Siva and Hansika, film's teaser, trailer and Anirudh's songs have also boosted the hype surrounding the film.
It remains to be seen if the film will be able to live up to its expectations after its release.
Naan Sigappu Manithan
Vishal-Lakshmi Menon's "Naan Sigappu Manithan" will be releasing on 11 April.
The film has been receiving rave reviews for dealing with a unique theme - narcolepsy. The first look teaser of "Naan Sigappu Manithan" received fantastic response from fans. The film's songs, composed by GV Prakash, have also turned out to be hits.
The film, directed by Thiru, will have Iniya, Saranya Ponvannan and Jagan in supporting roles.
The Vishal starrer is jointly produced by the actor's VFF and UTV Motion Pictures banners.
"Naan Sigappu Manithan" will be dubbed in Telugu as "Indrudu" and is likely to hit the screens on the same day as the Tamil version.
The biggest of all summer releases will be Rajinikanth's "Kochadaiiyaan." The magnum opus, deemed as India's first 3D motion capture photo realistic film, is slated to hit the screens on 11 April.
However, an official confirmation on the release date is still awaited.
Directed by debutant Soundarya Rajini, "Kochadaiiyaan" is an epic drama flick with superstar Rajinikanth, Deepika Padukone, Shobana, Aadhi, Nassar, Jackie Shroff and Sarathkumar appearing in pivotal roles.
There are always huge expectations for Rajinikanth films among his fans worldwide. With "Kochadaiiyaan" having the best talents in the industry, the hype surrounding the film has surged manifold.
The film's trailer and songs have built the curiosity about its content. Being a Rajinikanth film, "Kochadaiiyaan" is sure to take grand openings on the first day of its release. The film will have a massive release worldwide and will hit the screens in six languages including Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Bhojpuri, Punjabi and Marathi.
Vaayai Moodi Pesavum
Director Balaji Mohan's "Vaayai Moodi Pesavum" is expected to release on 25 April.
The film, starring Dulquer Salman and Nazriya Nazim, deals with an interesting theme. The director has come up with an imaginary disease - dumb flu- and has built a story around it.
The romantic comedy entertainer is making a lot of buzz, thanks to the unique title and impressive trailer.
The film marks the Tamil debut of Dulquer Salman, the son of popular Malayalam actor Mammootty. Actress Madhubala of "Roja" fame" is making her comeback through this film, which also has Pandiayarajan, Vinu Chakravarthi and Robo Shankar in supporting roles.
Siddharth-Lakshmi Menon's "Jigarthanda" is one of the most-awaited films of 2014.
Expectations are high for the film as it is the second outing of director Karthik Subburaj, who debuted with the critically acclaimed and commercially successful "Pizza."
The Siddharth starrer, deemed as a musical ganger flick, is carrying good pre-release buzz. It remains to be seen if the film will repeat the success of "Pizza."
"Jigarthanda" will be a summer release, though an official announcement on the exact release date is still awaited.
Besides these films, Shankar-Vikram's "Ai", Siddharth-Prithviraj's "Kaaviya Thalaivan", Nayanthara's "Nee Enge En Anbe", Vadivelu's comeback film "Jagajala Pujabala Tenaliraman" and Koundamani's "49O" are likely to release as summer entertainers.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet