Summer Releases: 'Maan Karate', 'Kochadaiiyaan', 'Naan Sigappu Manithan', More Films
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 22, 2014 10:48 PM EST
This summer is going to be big for Tamil film lovers with a range of different movies gearing up to hit the screens.
Maan Karate (Facebook)
From "Maan Karate" to "Kochadaiiyaan," check out the list of films slated to release during summer.
Interestingly, all of these films are carrying positive pre-release buzz.
Sivakarthikeyan-Hansika's "Maan Karate" leads the pack of summer releases. The film will be the first summer release this year and is all set to hit the screens on 4 April.
Directed by Thirukumaran, "Maan Karate" is deemed as a sports-based film with all the commercial elements. It will be the first release of 2014 for Sivakarthikeyan, who is currently riding a wave with back-to-back successful films.
The film has been generating a lot of buzz ever since it went on floors. The first-time pairing of Siva and Hansika, film's teaser, trailer and Anirudh's songs have also boosted the hype surrounding the film.
It remains to be seen if the film will be able to live up to its expectations after its release.
Naan Sigappu Manithan
Vishal-Lakshmi Menon's "Naan Sigappu Manithan" will be releasing on 11 April.
The film has been receiving rave reviews for dealing with a unique theme - narcolepsy. The first look teaser of "Naan Sigappu Manithan" received fantastic response from fans. The film's songs, composed by GV Prakash, have also turned out to be hits.
The film, directed by Thiru, will have Iniya, Saranya Ponvannan and Jagan in supporting roles.
The Vishal starrer is jointly produced by the actor's VFF and UTV Motion Pictures banners.
"Naan Sigappu Manithan" will be dubbed in Telugu as "Indrudu" and is likely to hit the screens on the same day as the Tamil version.
The biggest of all summer releases will be Rajinikanth's "Kochadaiiyaan." The magnum opus, deemed as India's first 3D motion capture photo realistic film, is slated to hit the screens on 11 April.
However, an official confirmation on the release date is still awaited.
Directed by debutant Soundarya Rajini, "Kochadaiiyaan" is an epic drama flick with superstar Rajinikanth, Deepika Padukone, Shobana, Aadhi, Nassar, Jackie Shroff and Sarathkumar appearing in pivotal roles.
There are always huge expectations for Rajinikanth films among his fans worldwide. With "Kochadaiiyaan" having the best talents in the industry, the hype surrounding the film has surged manifold.
The film's trailer and songs have built the curiosity about its content. Being a Rajinikanth film, "Kochadaiiyaan" is sure to take grand openings on the first day of its release. The film will have a massive release worldwide and will hit the screens in six languages including Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Bhojpuri, Punjabi and Marathi.
Vaayai Moodi Pesavum
Director Balaji Mohan's "Vaayai Moodi Pesavum" is expected to release on 25 April.
The film, starring Dulquer Salman and Nazriya Nazim, deals with an interesting theme. The director has come up with an imaginary disease - dumb flu- and has built a story around it.
The romantic comedy entertainer is making a lot of buzz, thanks to the unique title and impressive trailer.
The film marks the Tamil debut of Dulquer Salman, the son of popular Malayalam actor Mammootty. Actress Madhubala of "Roja" fame" is making her comeback through this film, which also has Pandiayarajan, Vinu Chakravarthi and Robo Shankar in supporting roles.
Siddharth-Lakshmi Menon's "Jigarthanda" is one of the most-awaited films of 2014.
Expectations are high for the film as it is the second outing of director Karthik Subburaj, who debuted with the critically acclaimed and commercially successful "Pizza."
The Siddharth starrer, deemed as a musical ganger flick, is carrying good pre-release buzz. It remains to be seen if the film will repeat the success of "Pizza."
"Jigarthanda" will be a summer release, though an official announcement on the exact release date is still awaited.
Besides these films, Shankar-Vikram's "Ai", Siddharth-Prithviraj's "Kaaviya Thalaivan", Nayanthara's "Nee Enge En Anbe", Vadivelu's comeback film "Jagajala Pujabala Tenaliraman" and Koundamani's "49O" are likely to release as summer entertainers.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Heartbroken about Walking Away from Fifty Shades of Grey [VIDEO]
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Official Trailer Released Plus Premiere Date, Spoilers: Gun Battle, Zombies, Beth Greene [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]