Deadly Road Accident in Pakistan: At Least 35 Killed, 15 Injured in Multi-Vehicle Collision
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 22, 2014 10:25 PM EST
Picture used for representational purpose only
The incident reportedly took place near Gadani Mor on Quetta-Karachi RCD Highway in the Balochistan province at around 6.30 a.m. on Saturday. According to reports, one of the passenger buses bound for Karachi collided with a truck coming from the opposite direction. It is being said that the bus was carrying smuggled oil on board.
The vehicles exploded triggering a huge fire which engulfed a total of two buses and two trucks. At least 35 people, including women and children, were charred to death in the accident. As many as 15 people were injured and were admitted to the Jam Ghulam Qadir hospital in Hub city. Several of them are said to be in a critical condition. The death toll is expected to rise, as many of them are suffering from severe burn injuries.
The bodies of the deceased have been charred beyond recognition. Sources told The News International that the DNA samples of the victims will be sent to Islamabad to get their identities confirmed.
Balochistan chief minister Abdul Malik Baloch has ordered an inquiry into the deadly RCD Highway traffic accident and has sought the report to be submitted immediately, reported The News International.
The chief minister has also expressed his grief to the family members of victims, said the Provincial government spokesman. The spokesperson has also said that the government will compensate the victims' families, reported the National Turk.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Spotted All Smiles, Sickness Seems Over
- 14 Contestants For Miss Hitler 2014 Beauty Pageant Organised By Russian Equivalent Of Facebook
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- 63-Year-Old Admits He Has Made Love To More Than 700 Cars But Now Remains Faithful To Just One Beetle
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage