Deadly Road Accident in Pakistan: At Least 35 Killed, 15 Injured in Multi-Vehicle Collision
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 22, 2014 10:25 PM EST
Picture used for representational purpose only
The incident reportedly took place near Gadani Mor on Quetta-Karachi RCD Highway in the Balochistan province at around 6.30 a.m. on Saturday. According to reports, one of the passenger buses bound for Karachi collided with a truck coming from the opposite direction. It is being said that the bus was carrying smuggled oil on board.
The vehicles exploded triggering a huge fire which engulfed a total of two buses and two trucks. At least 35 people, including women and children, were charred to death in the accident. As many as 15 people were injured and were admitted to the Jam Ghulam Qadir hospital in Hub city. Several of them are said to be in a critical condition. The death toll is expected to rise, as many of them are suffering from severe burn injuries.
The bodies of the deceased have been charred beyond recognition. Sources told The News International that the DNA samples of the victims will be sent to Islamabad to get their identities confirmed.
Balochistan chief minister Abdul Malik Baloch has ordered an inquiry into the deadly RCD Highway traffic accident and has sought the report to be submitted immediately, reported The News International.
The chief minister has also expressed his grief to the family members of victims, said the Provincial government spokesman. The spokesperson has also said that the government will compensate the victims' families, reported the National Turk.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles