Deadly Road Accident in Pakistan: At Least 35 Killed, 15 Injured in Multi-Vehicle Collision
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 22, 2014 10:25 PM EST
Picture used for representational purpose only
The incident reportedly took place near Gadani Mor on Quetta-Karachi RCD Highway in the Balochistan province at around 6.30 a.m. on Saturday. According to reports, one of the passenger buses bound for Karachi collided with a truck coming from the opposite direction. It is being said that the bus was carrying smuggled oil on board.
The vehicles exploded triggering a huge fire which engulfed a total of two buses and two trucks. At least 35 people, including women and children, were charred to death in the accident. As many as 15 people were injured and were admitted to the Jam Ghulam Qadir hospital in Hub city. Several of them are said to be in a critical condition. The death toll is expected to rise, as many of them are suffering from severe burn injuries.
The bodies of the deceased have been charred beyond recognition. Sources told The News International that the DNA samples of the victims will be sent to Islamabad to get their identities confirmed.
Balochistan chief minister Abdul Malik Baloch has ordered an inquiry into the deadly RCD Highway traffic accident and has sought the report to be submitted immediately, reported The News International.
The chief minister has also expressed his grief to the family members of victims, said the Provincial government spokesman. The spokesperson has also said that the government will compensate the victims' families, reported the National Turk.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Sickness: Prince Harry Cancels His 30th Birthday Party, Opts For Simple Gathering
- 24-year-old Playboy Model Marries 81-year-old Construction Tycoon Richard Lugner
- Rare Blue Flawless Diamond, Costing $25.6 Million, Is The Newest Attraction At The Natural History Museum
- Afghan Pizza Man Shot Dead in Canada
- At What Age Do Boys And Girls Look Best To Each Other?
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date