Deadly Road Accident in Pakistan: At Least 35 Killed, 15 Injured in Multi-Vehicle Collision
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 22, 2014 10:25 PM EST
Picture used for representational purpose only
The incident reportedly took place near Gadani Mor on Quetta-Karachi RCD Highway in the Balochistan province at around 6.30 a.m. on Saturday. According to reports, one of the passenger buses bound for Karachi collided with a truck coming from the opposite direction. It is being said that the bus was carrying smuggled oil on board.
The vehicles exploded triggering a huge fire which engulfed a total of two buses and two trucks. At least 35 people, including women and children, were charred to death in the accident. As many as 15 people were injured and were admitted to the Jam Ghulam Qadir hospital in Hub city. Several of them are said to be in a critical condition. The death toll is expected to rise, as many of them are suffering from severe burn injuries.
The bodies of the deceased have been charred beyond recognition. Sources told The News International that the DNA samples of the victims will be sent to Islamabad to get their identities confirmed.
Balochistan chief minister Abdul Malik Baloch has ordered an inquiry into the deadly RCD Highway traffic accident and has sought the report to be submitted immediately, reported The News International.
The chief minister has also expressed his grief to the family members of victims, said the Provincial government spokesman. The spokesperson has also said that the government will compensate the victims' families, reported the National Turk.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Hoax Alert: 'Ebola Vaccine Only Works on White Skin' Viral Story Not True
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- New Zealand PM John Key Aware of Kiwis Joining ISIS; New Zealand Not Ready For Airstrikes
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates