Deadly Road Accident in Pakistan: At Least 35 Killed, 15 Injured in Multi-Vehicle Collision
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 22, 2014 10:25 PM EST
Picture used for representational purpose only
The incident reportedly took place near Gadani Mor on Quetta-Karachi RCD Highway in the Balochistan province at around 6.30 a.m. on Saturday. According to reports, one of the passenger buses bound for Karachi collided with a truck coming from the opposite direction. It is being said that the bus was carrying smuggled oil on board.
The vehicles exploded triggering a huge fire which engulfed a total of two buses and two trucks. At least 35 people, including women and children, were charred to death in the accident. As many as 15 people were injured and were admitted to the Jam Ghulam Qadir hospital in Hub city. Several of them are said to be in a critical condition. The death toll is expected to rise, as many of them are suffering from severe burn injuries.
The bodies of the deceased have been charred beyond recognition. Sources told The News International that the DNA samples of the victims will be sent to Islamabad to get their identities confirmed.
Balochistan chief minister Abdul Malik Baloch has ordered an inquiry into the deadly RCD Highway traffic accident and has sought the report to be submitted immediately, reported The News International.
The chief minister has also expressed his grief to the family members of victims, said the Provincial government spokesman. The spokesperson has also said that the government will compensate the victims' families, reported the National Turk.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Belgium Chocolate Maker ISIS Forced To Change Brand Name To Escape Customer Fury
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS