Batman: Arkham Knight - Riddler, Penguin, Two Face get a Makeover, Studio Details Revamped Designs for Caped Crusader’s Opponents
By Aditya Bhat | March 22, 2014 10:04 PM EST
Batman fans waiting since long to see a redesigned Riddler, Penguin and Two Face will be ecstatic to see these opponents of Batman in new avatars as developer, Rocksteady provides details on the makeover of these characters for upcoming Arkham title, Batman: Arkham Knight.
Batman: Arkham Knight will release in 2014.
New screenshots were released in Game Informer, that shows the three notorious criminals of Gotham City in new avatar. David Hego, art director of Batman: Arkham Knight gave further details on the new look for these master criminals who have troubled the Dark Knight.
Challenges Faced with Each Arkham Spin-off
"We tried to add something to the characters, so you're still excited about them even after meeting them for the third time," said Hego to Game Informer. "How can we make these guys exciting, even after seeing them again? Every time, we make them look better and better and better, but at the same time, how can we improve the story behind them?"
The re-imagined Riddler, who according to GameSpot resembles actor, Charlie Sheen will be seen throughout the game and he will evolve similar to Batman in Arkham City or Akrham Asylum whose appearance will be changed as the game progresses.
Rocksteady promises more screen time for Riddler. He will be seen with unbuttoned shirt, question marked shirt, silly glasses, greasy hair and covered in dust. He will become distresses when Batman spoils his plans, said Albert Feliu, lead character artist.
A thug, stays a thug, but is now re-imagined to be dirtier and powerful. In Arkham City he looks like a mafia, but in Batman: Arkham Knight, he will look bit crazier with golden chain and shaved off head, other than a wardrobe makeover. Like a true thug, he will have rolled up shirt and will look sweaty with food stains on his shirt.
"He's proper filthy, you know. It makes you want to punch him even more," said Feliu.
So what happens to Two Face? Players and fans will see this former prosecutor Harvey Dent, with rolled up sleeves, and very next-gen bad-ass, Feliu added.
"He was already a really strong character, so we tried to push it, and keep going that way," said Feliu. "We didn't want to change it that much."
Batman: Arkham Knight will be taking place one year after the events of Arkham City. It will introduce players to drivable Batmobile for the first time.
Batman: Arkham Knight was announced recently and will be the last of the Arkham series. It will roll out for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2014.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report