ABC Launching ‘Bachelor Pad’ Spinoff ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ : Who Will be the Cast Members?
By Keerthi Mohan | March 22, 2014 9:08 PM EST
Former “The Bachelor” contestants who failed to love on the dating reality show will now get another chance to find their soul mates.
ABC is set to launch a spinoff of the “Bachelor Pad” titled “Bachelor in Paradise” where participants will live together in a romantic isolated island in a bid to find love.
Although nothing much has been revealed about the show, it is expected to have a rose ceremony. However, it is not sure if a contestant will be sent home every week.
ABC said in an official post announcing the show that the series will be packed with shocking surprises and twists that is sure to increase the drama. It will also have “unexpected guests and some of the most unlikely relationships in "Bachelor" history, plus all the usual romance, drama and tears we’ve come to expect from the "Bachelor" franchise. It all comes together in the romantic television event of the summer.”
Former “The Bachelor” contestant Kelly Travis took to her Twitter account to mock the new show and appeared doubtful if contestants would find love on the show.
— Kelly Travis (@kellytravisty) March 22, 2014
#bachelorinparadise you may not find a life long partner but you're sure to find a short term STD. — Kelly Travis (@kellytravisty) March 22, 2014
The cast of the show has not been revealed yet, but Chris Harrison will host the show. Mike Fleiss and Martin Hilton are executive producers of the show, which is produced by Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television.
Meanwhile, fans of the dating reality show have taken to their social networking sites to speculate on who would feature on the show. Juan Pablo Galavis, the former “Bachelor” star is a popular choice.
Although the former Venezuelan professional football player found his partner in Nikki Ferrell, a good number of fans would like to see Juan Pablo back on the show as recent reports indicate that he’s faking his relationship with Ferrell.
Fans also feel that Juan Pablo will bring in the necessary drama.
Other popular choices are Jaclyn Swartz and Kelly Travis.
“Bachelor in Paradise” will air shortly after the upcoming season of “The Bachelorette” with Andi Dorfman finishes.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists