ABC Launching ‘Bachelor Pad’ Spinoff ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ : Who Will be the Cast Members?
By Keerthi Mohan | March 22, 2014 9:08 PM EST
Former “The Bachelor” contestants who failed to love on the dating reality show will now get another chance to find their soul mates.
ABC is set to launch a spinoff of the “Bachelor Pad” titled “Bachelor in Paradise” where participants will live together in a romantic isolated island in a bid to find love.
Although nothing much has been revealed about the show, it is expected to have a rose ceremony. However, it is not sure if a contestant will be sent home every week.
ABC said in an official post announcing the show that the series will be packed with shocking surprises and twists that is sure to increase the drama. It will also have “unexpected guests and some of the most unlikely relationships in "Bachelor" history, plus all the usual romance, drama and tears we’ve come to expect from the "Bachelor" franchise. It all comes together in the romantic television event of the summer.”
Former “The Bachelor” contestant Kelly Travis took to her Twitter account to mock the new show and appeared doubtful if contestants would find love on the show.
— Kelly Travis (@kellytravisty) March 22, 2014
#bachelorinparadise you may not find a life long partner but you're sure to find a short term STD. — Kelly Travis (@kellytravisty) March 22, 2014
The cast of the show has not been revealed yet, but Chris Harrison will host the show. Mike Fleiss and Martin Hilton are executive producers of the show, which is produced by Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television.
Meanwhile, fans of the dating reality show have taken to their social networking sites to speculate on who would feature on the show. Juan Pablo Galavis, the former “Bachelor” star is a popular choice.
Although the former Venezuelan professional football player found his partner in Nikki Ferrell, a good number of fans would like to see Juan Pablo back on the show as recent reports indicate that he’s faking his relationship with Ferrell.
Fans also feel that Juan Pablo will bring in the necessary drama.
Other popular choices are Jaclyn Swartz and Kelly Travis.
“Bachelor in Paradise” will air shortly after the upcoming season of “The Bachelorette” with Andi Dorfman finishes.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal