Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Vogue Cover Met With Severe Backlash: Anna Wintour Defends Her Decision
By Sonam Malik | March 22, 2014 9:07 PM EST
Kim Kardashian is on cloud nine now that she has finally landed on the cover of Vogue. Kardashian and her beau Kanye West graces the April 2014 issue of the fashion Bible and the couple indeed looks stunning.
Television personality Kim Kardashian shows her engagement ring as she attends the Dream For Future Africa Foundation inaugural gala in Beverly Hills
Kardashian is seen in a wedding dress with West standing behind her in a black suit. The couple was shot by famed photographer Annie Leibovitz and the inside pages of magazine have Kardashian and West in a slew of loved-up poses.
To mark her upcoming nuptials with West, Kardashian has been captured in an array of truly gorgeous wedding gowns.
The magazine’s attempt to feature the most fashionable couple of Hollywood has not gone down well with a number of its readers.
“Buffy” star Sarah Michelle Gellar took to Twitter to express her disappointment after looking getting to know that Kardashian and West are on the cover. She has even threatened to cancel her subscription.
On 22 March, Geller wrote: "Well......I guess I'm canceling my Vogue subscription. Who is with me???"
Bridgette Suzette wrote: "Dear @voguemagazine - just called and cancelled my subscription . Some places are sacred, like the cover of vogue. How could you!!"
"The day Vogue died," added Gloria Cases, while Amanda Stallcup question why Anna Wintour wanted to feature Kardashian on the cover after repeatedly bashing her.
"Anna, lets go back to calling Kim "the worst thing since socks & sandals" & keep her out of vogue. Sincerely, everyone with an ounce of class," Stallcup wrote.
Defending her decision to feature Kardashian and West, Vogue editor-in -chief Wintour wrote in her editor’s note: "Part of the pleasure of editing Vogue, one that lies in a long tradition of this magazine, is being able to feature those who define the culture at any given moment, who stir things up, whose presence in the world shapes the way it looks and influences the way we see it. I think we can all agree on the fact that that role is currently being played by Kim and Kanye to a T. (Or perhaps that should be to a K?)"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’