Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Vogue Cover Met With Severe Backlash: Anna Wintour Defends Her Decision
By Sonam Malik | March 22, 2014 9:07 PM EST
Kim Kardashian is on cloud nine now that she has finally landed on the cover of Vogue. Kardashian and her beau Kanye West graces the April 2014 issue of the fashion Bible and the couple indeed looks stunning.
Television personality Kim Kardashian shows her engagement ring as she attends the Dream For Future Africa Foundation inaugural gala in Beverly Hills
Kardashian is seen in a wedding dress with West standing behind her in a black suit. The couple was shot by famed photographer Annie Leibovitz and the inside pages of magazine have Kardashian and West in a slew of loved-up poses.
To mark her upcoming nuptials with West, Kardashian has been captured in an array of truly gorgeous wedding gowns.
The magazine’s attempt to feature the most fashionable couple of Hollywood has not gone down well with a number of its readers.
“Buffy” star Sarah Michelle Gellar took to Twitter to express her disappointment after looking getting to know that Kardashian and West are on the cover. She has even threatened to cancel her subscription.
On 22 March, Geller wrote: "Well......I guess I'm canceling my Vogue subscription. Who is with me???"
Bridgette Suzette wrote: "Dear @voguemagazine - just called and cancelled my subscription . Some places are sacred, like the cover of vogue. How could you!!"
"The day Vogue died," added Gloria Cases, while Amanda Stallcup question why Anna Wintour wanted to feature Kardashian on the cover after repeatedly bashing her.
"Anna, lets go back to calling Kim "the worst thing since socks & sandals" & keep her out of vogue. Sincerely, everyone with an ounce of class," Stallcup wrote.
Defending her decision to feature Kardashian and West, Vogue editor-in -chief Wintour wrote in her editor’s note: "Part of the pleasure of editing Vogue, one that lies in a long tradition of this magazine, is being able to feature those who define the culture at any given moment, who stir things up, whose presence in the world shapes the way it looks and influences the way we see it. I think we can all agree on the fact that that role is currently being played by Kim and Kanye to a T. (Or perhaps that should be to a K?)"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan