Maruti Suzuki to Launch Ciaz by July: Report
By greeshma m | March 22, 2014 8:34 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki, the country's largest car maker, is reportedly gearing up to launch its new sedan Ciaz in July 2014, claims a new report.
Ciaz, the new entry into the C-segment, was first seen at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014, and is likely to make its India debut by mid-2014, reported I.C.E, citing sources close to the development. The car, codenamed YL1, is expected to replace the underperforming SX4 sedan in the country. It is based on the Suzuki Authentics concept car, which was displayed at the 2013 Shanghai Motor Show. However, Maruti is yet to confirm the launch date and availability of the car in the sub-continent market.
Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Concept at Auto Expo
If reports are to be believed, the new C-segment offering of Maruti will pack the same 1.3 liter Multijet diesel or 1.4 liter K Series petrol engine of Ertiga under the hood, and is expected to carry some of the features of both SX4 and Ertiga. Other speculated features of the car include 16-inch alloy wheels, keyless entry, push button start, puddle lamps and leather seats.
Talking about the safety features of the new Ciaz, it is likely to come with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD). When launched, Ciaz will challenge Hyundai Verna, Honda City and Volkswagen Vento in the domestic market.
Previous reports suggested that Maruti is also planning to launch the Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) version of the Ciaz in India, which was introduced with the Maruti Suzuki Celerio. Maruti Celerio has been earning tremendous reviews in the auto market, and has garnered more than 25,000 bookings since its launch in India.
Maruti is also rumoured to launch the AMT version of its best-selling Alto K10. Car makers like Tata Motors, Mahindra, Hyundai and Volkswagen are also working on the same. Tata's Nano and Zest will be the first few vehicles in the domestic market to follow in Maruti Suzuki's footsteps.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Air New Zealand Flies Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Solution to Your Old Unwanted Phones Comes with MobileMuster Scheme
- IBM Named Leader in Worldwide Managed Security Services
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]