Malaysian Woman Travelling in Another Flight Saw Missing Plane MH370 Sinking near Andaman on 8 March Morning
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | March 22, 2014 6:19 PM EST
A woman who was reportedly flying over the Indian Ocean back to Kuala Lumpur after a pilgrimage has claimed that she saw the missing Malaysian Airlines plane MH370 sinking near Andaman Islands.
A woman who was flying in another flight has claimed that she saw the missing Malaysian Airlines plane MH370 sinking near Andaman Islands
Raja Dalelah Raja Latife said that she had taken flight SV2058 that left Jeddah at 3.30am Saudi time (8.30am Malaysian time) and after her plane flew past the South Indian city of Chennai and reached the Indian ocean, she saw something really strange.
"I had seen several shipping liners and islands from my window earlier. Then, I saw the silvery object," the 53-year-old woman returning from Mecca, Saudi Arabia, on 8 March, told the Star Online. "I took a closer look and was shocked to see what looked like the tail and wing of an aircraft on the water."
"I know what I saw. I am convinced that I saw the aircraft. And I will not lie. I had just returned from my pilgrimage," she added.
The woman said that she told her friends and the pilot what she thinks she saw, but no one took her seriously. By 14 March, Daleha filed a police report.
While the possibility of the missing plane crashing in Andaman Sea cannot be ruled out, questions are being asked if the woman could have actually seen the plane from a cruising altitude.
"Along any flight path, especially a long-haul one such as between Jeddah and Kuala Lumpur, the altitude of the plane will be maintained at around 35,000 (feet) once it is in the air," a pilot told the news outlet. "This is roughly 7 miles above sea level. How can anyone see anything like a boat or ship on the ground from so high up?"
The 53-year-old is not the first to claim to have seen the Boing 777 carrying 239 passengers. Here's a roundup:
- Two fishermen near the Malaysia-Thailand border have said that they saw a plane flying low over the South China Sea.
- A man from New Zealand, working on an oil rig off the coast of Vietnam has said that he saw the plane coming crashing mid-air and coming down in flame (Read the Story).
- Residents of a remote island in the Maldives also said they saw a low-flying jumbo jet on 8 March morning (Read the Story).
Weeks after the wide-body jet, MH370 went missing; Australia has said it has spotted two objects seen on satellite images that could potentially be linked to the missing plane.
Search and Rescue ships and planes have, however, not been able to find any wreckage at that area.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where to Watch Delta Aquarids July 28-29 Peak Online, NASA Cameras Spotted Start of Perseid Meteor Shower
- Viral Wedding Photo: Amy Hicks Reveals True Story behind Viral Photo that Created Trending Hashtag on Twitter #westillcoming
- New Zealand-Born IDF Soldier Killed in Gaza Attack Amid Ceasefire Promises
- Six-Year-Old Canada girl Dies after Hit by Sedan in Crowded Store
- Volunteer Teen Rapes Orphans during Mission Trip
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]